• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ABC/FOX broadcast info

AZGrizFan said:
Which makes 1 televised, no?

All except Wyoming at this point?

Wyoming is on ROOT Sports

10556457_333421480141135_4930200350564928112_n.png

Interesting that the UC Davis home game is at noon. Also really wish the C. Washington game wasn't a 3:30 kickoff.

grizfan95 said:
Interesting that the UC Davis home game is at noon.

That's the Pink game, must have something to do with the day's schedule of events.

grizfan95 said:
Interesting that the UC Davis home game is at noon. Also really wish the C. Washington game wasn't a 3:30 kickoff.

Whats wrong with 330 kickoff? Granted I wish it was 5:30 or 6:30 but it still beats a noon or 1:00 kickoff.

The GoGriz schedule is incomplete (no Root times, etc.). The conference website hasn't published a schedule yet. Your schedule has the homecoming game starting at 1 PM. The Alumni Association schedule says 1:30. I can't find a Root schedule that shows game times. Got one?

Also, I've noticed some opponent websites list their home games against the Griz as starting 5 minutes past the hour (e.g., SUU). Only the eDubya game shows that on your schedule.

oGriz said:
The GoGriz schedule is incomplete (no Root times, etc.). The conference website hasn't published a schedule yet. Your schedule has the homecoming game starting at 1 PM. The Alumni Association schedule says 1:30. I can't find a Root schedule that shows game times. Got one?

Also, I've noticed some opponent websites list their home games against the Griz as starting 5 minutes past the hour (e.g., SUU). Only the eDubya game shows that on your schedule.

The homecoming game is scheduled at 1:00 pm according to Kent Haslam's tweet back in May:
10305513_707842095948984_8906694102267068445_n.png

As for the SUU game, the game time of 1:00 pm came from the link at the top of this thread. One thing for sure is that whoever manages the gogriz.com site is terrible at updating the page with schedule/news info.

Any ideas what this means for online viewing for games other than ROOT? I hate to say it, but it's the only reason I miss the KPAX days.

statler & waldorf said:
At this rate, the stadium lights should last into the next century.

- All ROOT games the UM has no say in what time it's booked.

- There's 1 night game, which is what Haslam said he ideally wants to aim for each year.

- The lights are used for far more than games in fact one of the biggest reasons for their use was to allow for spring practices in the evenings to allow fewer players to miss practice due to class and for evening practices in the summer so it's a little cooler when players practice.

I should just copy and paste this reply, seems like it has to be posted up every single time the lights discussion pops up.

BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

- There's 1 night game, which is what Haslam said he ideally wants to aim for each year.

- The lights are used for far more than games in fact one of the biggest reasons for their use was to allow for spring practices in the evenings to allow fewer players to miss practice due to class and for evening practices in the summer so it's a little cooler when players practice.

I should just copy and paste this reply, seems like it has to be posted up every single time the lights discussion pops up.

I know that Saturday afternoon football is a NCAA tradition and all but, IMO, nothing beats a good night game, especially when the weather is nice. UM is a great venue for this. If this is a local decision, the "powers that be" should mix it up a little. I seem to remember Pflu
selling this as a reason for the light installation, no?

CV Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

I know that Saturday afternoon football is a NCAA tradition and all but, IMO, nothing beats a good night game, especially when the weather is nice. UM is a great venue for this. If this is a local decision, the "powers that be" should mix it up a little. I seem to remember Pflu
selling this as a reason for the light installation, no?

The light installation was mandatory for the Big Sky to finalize the ROOT deal, it was supposed to be item #4 for upgrades behind academic center, locker room, and weight room but got bumped up.

Yes the UM is a great venue for a night game, some of the best games there have been night games. And we have one booked as well as a mid-afternoon game, it's not like they're not doing night game.

No clue if Pflu was selling it as a reason, it's a nice benefit though.

The other factor at play is that I think is that nearly half of all season ticket holders live outside of Missoula county, many of whom drive home after the game. There was a lot of concern that too many night games will force fewer people to travel over for the game because there may be added costs if they'd have to stay in hotels instead of drive home at night after a game.

BWahlberg said:
The other factor at play is that I think is that nearly half of all season ticket holders live outside of Missoula county, many of whom drive home after the game. There was a lot of concern that too many night games will force fewer people to travel over for the game because there may be added costs if they'd have to stay in hotels instead of drive home at night after a game.
Mickey Mantle is going to rip your dick off and make you eat it for such silly words in 3, 2, 1....

statler & waldorf said:
BWahlberg said:
This is symptomatic with Haslam. He's supposed to be the leader of the Athletic Department. So far, he is underwhelming me with his timidity.

By doing what's in the better interests of a majority of the fan base, TV stations, sponsors, and team. OK.

BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:
BWahlberg said:
This is symptomatic with Haslam. He's supposed to be the leader of the Athletic Department. So far, he is underwhelming me with his timidity.

By doing what's in the better interests of a majority of the fan base, TV stations, sponsors, and team. OK.

I'm just glad we have one night game this year. If we have one night game a year like Haslam ideally wants, I would hope that one game would be for a big no conference game that's not covered by ROOT Sports. Looking at this year's home schedule, there are no real exciting big games that would even warrant a possible second night game. Now looking ahead to the 2015 season, I'm really hoping the NDSU game will be the night game. That one needs to be the night game. I will be sorely disappointed if it's not.

BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

This fact has been totally beaten to death on this board and there are still posters who just don't get it. :roll:

Back