• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU and GRIZ Fans

GoldenEagle

I have attended games in Missoula and have always had a great time. The griz fans have always been fun with what I would consider healthy banter and general trash talk. I have never felt like uncomfortable at the games in Missoula. Of course I have had the occasional derogatory remark but have never felt physically challenged from any griz fan.

I have attended many EAGS vs griz games at EWU over the years and have never seen the repugnant behavior that griz fans report at these games. Physical violence, really?

GoldenEagle said:
I have attended games in Missoula and have always had a great time. The griz fans have always been fun with what I would consider healthy banter and general trash talk. I have never felt like uncomfortable at the games in Missoula. Of course I have had the occasional derogatory remark but have never felt physically challenged from any griz fan.

I have attended many EAGS vs griz games at EWU over the years and have never seen the repugnant behavior that griz fans report at these games. Physical violence, really?

I think I'll start a new thread to reply to this. ;)

CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

I am not trolling (this time). It just seems to be a consistent theme. Just interested.

GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

I am not trolling (this time). It just seems to be a consistent theme. Just interested.

Our student section was pretty horrid last year. But you're right, I haven't seen any violence or projectiles at Griz fans. I could be missing something. Does this usually happen away from the student section? I usually greet whatever Griz fans I see and welcome them to Cheney.

I can honestly say, I've never witnessed or heard any mishaps to myself or my friends. Overall, EWU treats us well. My issue is not with being treated badly there, but jacking the ticket prices and making tickets so difficult to get for GRIZ fans, is what upsets me . I cannot put that one on EWU fans though.

Rjones61 said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GoldenEagle said:

Our student section was pretty horrid last year. But you're right, I haven't seen any violence or projectiles at Griz fans. I could be missing something. Does this usually happen away from the student section? I usually greet whatever Griz fans I see and welcome them to Cheney.

Well it did happen to my family in 2012. The idiots were ejected from the game after they tried to start a fight which my daughter finished. Your student sections was horrible two years ago as well, even to the point of spitting on the jersey of deceased Griz player Tim Bush, who was killed in a mine accident in Idaho several years ago. One of the EWU students brought that jersey specifically to deface it in front of Griz fans. The classic was when one of your cops wanted to eject me from the game for breaking up the fight, he later apologized. One of the worst aspects of this incident was the fact that my wife was at the game after a long fight with cancer, not a great way to celebrate the end of her treatment. Needless to say they will never attend a game a Eastern again. We left at halftime and only I came back in the stadium for the second half.

Griz fans aren't exactly saints all the time either. Remember this classic from panthera?

quote="Panthera"]On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:[/quote]

info said:
Rjones61 said:
GoldenEagle said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well it did happen to my family in 2012. The idiots were ejected from the game after they tried to start a fight which my daughter finished. Your student sections was horrible two years ago as well, even to the point of spitting on the jersey of deceased Griz player Tim Bush, who was killed in a mine accident in Idaho several years ago. One of the EWU students brought that jersey specifically to deface it in front of Griz fans. The classic was when one of your cops wanted to eject me from the game for breaking up the fight, he later apologized. One of the worst aspects of this incident was the fact that my wife was at the game after a long fight with cancer, not a great way to celebrate the end of her treatment. Needless to say they will never attend a game a Eastern again. We left at halftime and only I came back in the stadium for the second half.

As an EWU fan that has enjoyed many great EAGS/GRIZ games, that makes me sick. I don't understand why people have to take it way beyond common sense and be so disrespectful.

snap said:
Griz fans aren't exactly saints all the time either. Remember this classic from panthera?

quote="Panthera"]On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

HOWEVER...one incident after the game almost managed to ruin an otherwise great experience so I felt I should share it. That way, other Griz fans can help weed out the 'problem fans' who I know are a very tiny proportion of your overall fanbase.

After the teams had mostly left the field and security officers let the fans come down, I went to mingle with a few of the lingering UNI fans, staff and players near the northern end zone. About five minutes later, three Montana students approached us from the opposite side of the field and started chanting things like 'Suck a XXXX Panthers', 'Go Home UNI', Eat XXXX Panthers, etc. These kids reeked of liquor and, if I had to guess, they were probably the type who smoke marijuana cigarettes on a regular basis. One of them waved an extremely offensive sign that said 'Even Santa Prefers Montana'. As a Christian man, it's difficult to watch this kind of religious hatred spread to college football (It's bad enough when large retailers try to bury the Reason for the Season under phrases like 'happy holidays'). It didn't take much of this crap to cause the few Panther fans to disperse. I started walking up the tunnel, but the three students pursued me and eventually caught up. I turned left and found myself trapped near a dumpster and one of the stadium walls. As the drunks moved in, I was honestly afraid for my life, so I warned them that I know a good bit of Tae Bo and UFC moves. They took this as a challenge and one of them threw me to the ground and the other two pinned me down. What happened next is probably not something that belongs on a family-friendly forum, but I'm ticked off and it needs to be said...While two of the young men held me in place, the other one undid his belt and pulled his pants down halfway. He then put his rear end very near my nose and began passing gas violently. Some of these eruptions were wet and the sprayed into my mouth. They were chanting 'atm, atm, atm' which I assumed meant they were going to rob me as well, but I had smartly left my wallet in my hotel room safe. This all seemed to go on forever but it was likely less than a minute before they let me up and ran off into the park across from the stadium. I was too shocked and humiliated to chase them. I have no plans on dragging law enforcement into any of this.

So my point is, although I know you all are on to bigger and better things at this point, I hope you'll take the time to remind the few bad apples that they are not helping the perception of your program on a national level.

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:
[/quote]

What the hell is this? Some joke?
So much for asking a sincere question.

GoldenEagle said:
snap said:

Anyways, that's my rant, Griz fans. Thanks for the memories and I'll be rooting for them you the rest of the way. Go get'em Griz! :clap:

What the hell is this? Some joke?
So much for asking a sincere question.[/quote]

Not really sure how much of that story is true. If I recall right, the dude that posted was a troll on a few threads during that time. Then again, UNI had plenty of trolls before and after we played them, so maybe I am confusing him with another poster.

snap said:

Panthera said:
On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

Classic trollism.

"marijuana cigarettes"?
"religious hatred"?

Didn't this actually happen in the movie Benchwarmers?

GoldenEagle said:
Oh. That story was so bizzare. I thought snap was screwing with me. Geez, that UNI fan was/is messed up.

Yeah, it was funny enough that I just had to dredge it up and re-post it for posterity (no pun intended).

snap said:
GoldenEagle said:
Oh. That story was so bizzare. I thought snap was screwing with me. Geez, that UNI fan was/is messed up.

Yeah, it was funny enough that I just had to dredge it up and re-post it for posterity (no pun intended).

I see what you did there. :|

AZGrizFan said:
snap said:

Panthera said:
On the long drive back to Cedar Falls I had a chance to think a lot about what happened during and after the quarterfinal game. Of course my main impression of the whole event was that Washington Grizly is one the best football facilities in the world, bar none. It was difficult for this old Panther to watch the action after the first quarter, but anybody who loves football would be in awe at the classy show that UM put on.

Classic trollism.

"marijuana cigarettes"?
"religious hatred"?

I don't know about much about the "outdated phrases" i.e. marijuana cigarettes, but this post is by far the funniest post that I have ever read on E-Griz. Alpha, 420, Ursa? Were any of you involved in penning this post? C'mon guys! Was this ever a post of the year nomination? This could beat "dredging your balls in flour and tea-baging a deep fryer!

CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:

Panthera said:

Classic trollism.

"marijuana cigarettes"?
"religious hatred"?

I don't know about much about the "outdated phrases" i.e. marijuana cigarettes, but this post is by far the funniest post that I have ever read on E-Griz. Alpha, 420, Ursa? Were any of you involved in penning this post? C'mon guys! Was this ever a post of the year nomination? This could beat "dredging your balls in flour and tea-baging a deep fryer!

You're right! That's probably the funniest post I've read on here in a long time.. I was pretty drunk after that game but my THC levels were very low cause I had just smoked the last of my Sour Diesel before the game, so it wasn't me that was induced in marijuana cigarettes.. Panther Rob was the only guy I remember talking to that was a UNI fan at the game.. Good times, that's for sure....

grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:

Classic trollism.

"marijuana cigarettes"?
"religious hatred"?

You're right! That's probably the funniest post I've read on here in a long time.. I was pretty drunk after that game but my THC levels were very low cause I had just smoked the last of my Sour Diesel before the game, so it wasn't me that was induced in marijuana cigarettes.. Panther Rob was the only guy I remember talking to that was a UNI fan at the game.. Good times, that's for sure....

Note that having some unruly Griz fans violently pass gas in his face only "almost" ruined his WaGriz experience. Panthera my friend, you are a trooper!

I was several rows behind info at that game (top of the portable bleachers) and can confirm what he is saying or at least one that meets that same description. I credit it to being young and drunk, but violence nevertheless. They could use a little more security at the inferno.

granitegriz said:
I was several rows behind info at that game (top of the portable bleachers) and can confirm what he is saying or at least one that meets that same description. I credit it to being young and drunk, but violence nevertheless. They could use a little more security at the inferno.

STOP IT! Quit calling it "the inferno" for fuck sakes! When I hear that, I want to go to a place called the inferno (and probably ultimately will). But it's a piece of shit stadium that has red dyed turf. Nothing more, nothing less! Plus their bathrooms suck!

Ursa Major said:
granitegriz said:

STOP IT! Quit calling it "the inferno" for f*** sakes! When I hear that, I want to go to a place called the inferno (and probably ultimately will). But it's a piece of shit stadium that has red dyed turf. Nothing more, nothing less! Plus their bathrooms suck!

Tru Dat.......they have an infernority complex over there.

Back