• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU Picks Up ASU Cornerback

oGriz

Eastern picks up Arizona State transfer cornerback Rashad Wadood

Spokesman Review
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jul/17/eastern-picks-up-arizona-state-transfer/

Arizona State’s loss is Eastern Washington’s gain as the Eagles picked up another Pac-12 transfer who is expected to immediately help out at cornerback after both starters from last year graduated.

Rashad Wadood has been admitted and has enrolled at Eastern in time to join the football team, which begins practices on July 31, the university announced Wednesday.

“We’re excited to add a player like Rashad with his skill and experience,” coach Beau Baldwin said in a news release. “He provides leadership and experience at a position where it is needed. We’ve heard nothing but great things about this young man, not only in terms of his ability to play the game, but also his character on and off the field.”

According to published reports, Arizona State officials only said that Wadood’s departure from the team was for “unspecified reasons.”

On June 12, Wadood wrote this on his Facebook page: “I have never failed a drug test, missed a workout, showed up late, been suspended, been in any academic trouble and I’ve also earned the scholar baller academic award. So no, I was not forced to leave ASU, I chose to leave. To clear that up.”

Wadood (pronounced Wah-doo) is originally from Long Beach, California. He played as a true freshman for the Sun Devils in 2011 but suffered a season-ending knee injury against Washington State. He redshirted in 2012 after suffering a torn labrum in his shoulder.

Last season, all seven of his tackles came in a 54-13 win over Colorado. Wadood was listed as one of ASU’s starting cornerbacks this past spring.

Eastern, which has been picked by media and coaches to repeat as Big Sky Conference champion, lost both starting cornerbacks and its top backup from the 2013 team to graduation.

Wadood, an incoming junior, joins fellow junior Frank Cange and redshirt freshman Jake Hoffman at cornerback. Eastern also has 2013 UCLA transfer Tevin McDonald at safety.

“I’m anxious to come in and contribute where I can to an already good team,” Wadood said in the release. “As far as FCS schools go, Eastern is the best and has a strong history. Every FBS school respects Eastern. I knew a little about their program before I decided to transfer.”

Wadood was ranked among the top 60 cornerback prospects in the nation while at Lakewood High School in Long Beach. Wadood’s final game in high school in 2010 was a loss to a team led by current Eastern quarterback Vernon Adams.

“Pretty much everything he is doing now he was doing back then,” Wadood said of Adams. “So it’s no surprise to see the success he is having in college.”

This is the guy that was all but signed with the Griz 2 weeks ago. No clue how they lost him, but he certainly could have helped. The article should have said the Griz' loss is EWU'S gain lol.

havgrizfan said:
This is the guy that was all but signed with the Griz 2 weeks ago. No clue how they lost him, but he certainly could have helped. The article should have said the Griz' loss is EWU'S gain lol.

Heard the same. I'd be very curious as to how this whole deal went down.

havgrizfan said:

He visited, and seemed very positive about signing with UM but in the end I think it came down to the fact that he is good friends with Vernon Adams.

Hammer said:
havgrizfan said:

He visited, and seemed very positive about signing with UM but in the end I think it came down to the fact that he is good friends with Vernon Adams.

Maybe he just likes the color red.

gang-rivalry-bloods-crips.jpg

grizcountry420 said:

I love that picture of Shoota!

Better yet is how he thinks that bandana is going to keep his identity hidden when we can see the gun he used to murder that teddy bear on Twitter. EWU.......if we didnt have one we would need to make one for moments like this!

Although Cheney is a exponential drop-off from Tempe in terms of the quality of co-ed, I'm certain there are no shortage of fat white chicks with decent credit.

Probably how they sold it, now that I think about it.

Maybe on-field prowess was more impressive to him than a 5 time Capital One Mascot of the Year and a #LoudAndCold north end zone? I don't know, just a shot in the dark.

FormerEag said:
Maybe on-field prowess was more impressive to him than a 5 time Capital One Mascot of the Year and a #LoudAndCold north end zone? I don't know, just a shot in the dark.
If that was the case he would of gone to a real school like NDSU

FormerEag said:
Here's another shot in the dark. Maybe he suffers stage fright playing in front of large crowds, Cheney will certainly prevent that from being a problem.

FormerEag said:

It was, quite literally, the nicest thing I could think of to say about Cheney.

UMclassof2002 said:
FormerEag said:

Missoula is nicer than Cheney. Again, congrats on your victory over us in non football related contests. Hang on to it tightly.

FormerEag said:
UMclassof2002 said:
FormerEag said:

Missoula is nicer than Cheney. Again, congrats on your victory over us in non football related contests. Hang on to it tightly.
Inquiring minds would like to know how many football related victories over the Griz formereag had in his playing days.

grizfnz said:
FormerEag said:
UMclassof2002 said:
FormerEag said:

Inquiring minds would like to know how many football related victories over the Griz formereag had in his playing days.

Just avoided the sweep, unfortunately. But it's my superior fan skills that have pushed the Eags over the edge since my "glory days." :lol:

Back