• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Get 2015 RB Commit

go96griz

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_658d00f6-100c-11e4-8fed-0019bb2963f4.html

San Diego RB commits to Griz

The Montana Grizzlies have landed a running back for their 2015 recruiting class, with San Diego's Tyree Range confirming Saturday he has committed to play football for the Griz.

Range (pronounced RAIN-gee) is 6-foot and 222 pounds and played both receiver and running back for the Patrick Henry Patriots last fall.

"I played a lot of receiver at the beginning of the year," said the senior-to-be, who had 38 receptions to go along with over 300 yards rushing. "The first four or five games we were playing five-wide and I was playing slot. The last few games we switched to the wing-t."

Since then he transferred to Rancho Bernardo High School because his family moved. He ran track this spring and clocked 11.08 seconds in the 100 meters after going as fast as 11.06 as a sophomore at Patrick Henry.

Range began sending out film in May to colleges and drew interest from Idaho and Army as well as Montana. The Grizzlies won out with their offer to play him at running back, Range said. He hasn't visited Missoula but has apparently done his research.

"I felt like I was wanted there," he said. You guys run pro-style (offense) and that's the type of running back I am, running downhill."

Montana's coaches cannot speak on recruits until after the NCAA's official signing period begins. For Range, that means Feb. 4 in 2015.

Looks like a pretty positive preview for the 2015 upcoming season playing for Rancho Bernardo, as well (sixth one down): http://sandiegocityballers.com/coach-ros-sdcb-top-senior-rbs-2014-pre-season-2015-grads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this quote interesting:

"The first four or five games we were playing five-wide and I was playing slot. The last few games we switched to the wing-t."

From 5 wide to wing-t. Sounds like the coach might've just threw his hands in the air and said "to hell with this shit, we're burning this effin barn down and building from scratch!!" :lol:

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:

"The first four or five games we were playing five-wide and I was playing slot. The last few games we switched to the wing-t."

From 5 wide to wing-t. Sounds like the coach might've just threw his hands in the air and said "to hell with this shit, we're burning this effin barn down and building from scratch!!" :lol:

So you're saying we should put in Kyle Samson and run the option? :)

AllWeatherFan said:
SouthDakotaGrizzly said:

So you're saying we should put in Kyle Samson and run the option? :)

Only for one game...Pooooooooor Idaho!

Back