• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND

NLGrizFan

With a new HC (former DC at Southern Illinois who only allowed 25.2 ppg and beat SDSU in 2013) what do you guys think about this team? I'm going with 3-9.

NLGrizFan said:
With a new HC (former DC at Southern Illinois who only allowed 25.2 ppg and beat SDSU in 2013) what do you guys think about this team? I'm going with 3-9.

I got two words, hockey season.

:lol: :lol: That seems to be all they worry about lol. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Just you wait for mighty UND. Pretty soon you'll all be going FBS with UND's oil money and bisonville will just be begging to join the Big Sky with UND. Or at least this is what reality looks like on SiouxSports.com.

NLGrizFan said:
:lol: :lol: That seems to be all they worry about lol. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

At least they can compete with the equivalents of the FSU, Alabama's and Oklahoma's in some sport. Something we, nor NDSU nor EWU can.

2-9 maybe they have like 11 transfers/juncos that will start, no clear QB and no fan support cept for hockey & they can't even beat d3 schools in that

I feel pretty bad for the team and coaches there. Their facility is small but top-notch, but they just don't have anyone to support them. They built the Alerus Center way too far away from campus so not many students come to see a losing team. Student tickets are free and they still can't get them to come.

I got my grad degree there and it wasn't unusual to hear the coaches telling players what to do. That's how quiet it was on a regular basis. I would go every once in a while but I didn't have much a connection with the team. Hockey is definitely the show as has been pointed out. Amazing how many Olympians and Stanley Cup winners have come from that program.

Obviously I am no UND fan, but I would doubt that they are worse than last year. If the new coach is the ticket it is going to take a couple years for that to shake out. Mussman left that program in one hell of a mess.

Frozen North comments July 22, 2014

Just you wait for mighty UND. Pretty soon you'll all be going FBS with UND's oil money and *****ville will just be begging to join the Big Sky with UND. Or at least this is what reality looks like on SiouxSports.com.

Probably a little over the top, but you have to admire and respect UND; a first class operation.
Rjones61 comments July 23, 2014

UND is right next to your favorite team in Fargo. You should have some insider points.

Next to your favourite team in Fargo? I assume across the river; is it Moorhead State or Concordia? Can not imagine the Big Sky adding either program.

Griz1952 said:

Just you wait for mighty UND. Pretty soon you'll all be going FBS with UND's oil money and *****ville will just be begging to join the Big Sky with UND. Or at least this is what reality looks like on SiouxSports.com.

Probably a little over the top, but you have to admire and respect UND; a first class operation.

UND is right next to your favorite team in Fargo. You should have some insider points.

Next to your favourite team in Fargo? I assume across the river; is it Moorhead State or Concordia? Can not imagine the Big Sky adding either program.

'52, you can't imagine much, can you?; not with that little piece of brain rolling around in your head.

Griz1952 said:

This is interesting. I know UND is definitely the more well known school/athletic program (over NDSU) probably due to the fact that they have a program that competes for championships at the highest level. Also, UND has the inherent benefit of being the flagship. You don't hear of many "State U's" having better overall sports programs than the "University of" in the same state. I wonder if UND/NDSU have the same kind of thing going on.

CDA. huh?

NDSU has espn gameday, 3 natty titles and last March beat #20 Oklahoma in basketball in the big dance. Not to mention 2 trips to big dance, 7 FBS wins & it's softball team has been to super regionals soccer & vball to ncaa's twice and wrestling is a top 25 team and oh yea Track & Field sends numerous athletes to ncaa's.

9 NFL players on rosters for NDSU right now and Neil Wagner MLB pitcher for Toronto

und has hockey which had a D3 team win the title.

There is no comparison, NDSU is Ohio State as und is ohio.

End thread.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz1952 said:

This is interesting. I know UND is definitely the more well known school/athletic program (over NDSU) probably due to the fact that they have a program that competes for championships at the highest level. Also, UND has the inherent benefit of being the flagship. You don't hear of many "State U's" having better overall sports programs than the "University of" in the same state. I wonder if UND/NDSU have the same kind of thing going on.

This is true. In fact, I can't think of a single example to the contrary.

Bisonation said:
CDA. huh?

NDSU has espn gameday, 3 natty titles and last March beat #20 Oklahoma in basketball in the big dance. Not to mention 2 trips to big dance, 7 FBS wins & it's softball team has been to super regionals soccer & vball to ncaa's twice and wrestling is a top 25 team and oh yea Track & Field sends numerous athletes to ncaa's.

9 NFL players on rosters for NDSU right now and Neil Wagner MLB pitcher for Toronto

und has hockey which had a D3 team win the title.

There is no comparison, NDSU is Ohio State as und is ohio.

End thread.
Don't end the thread yet.
I want to hear more about the NDSU Turnip Days! Home of the biggest three-legged race this side of the Mississippi, the turnip judging contest, and of course, the turnip eating contest with champion, "Ted never-turndown-a-turnip Jennings".

Back