• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

grading the eagles

getgrizzy

qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

definitely a contender for the league, but far from a lock. teams with good d are always a threat to beat them. when adams is off they're in trouble.

While Adams is good, I thought it was his receivers who made him look good. I would give Adams a B and his receiver corps an A+

getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

definitely a contender for the league, but far from a lock. teams with good d are always a threat to beat them. when adams is off they're in trouble.

Fair assessment, but you realize that EWU returns all of their linebackers this year and probably has the best or 2nd best group in the conference...

D-line will have one all conference player and 3 unknowns.

D backs will have two great safeties, and 2 unknown CB's, one who is a transfer from ASU.

And to be honest, no one in the Big Sky has proven they can stop Adams yet, EWU averaged 42 points a game last year against big sky opponents and gave up 25.

I do think EWU will be challenged this year, but I think there is only one team besides EWU that has a real shot at the Big Sky and thats the Griz...

getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

What would be your non-biased grades for the Griz...like you have non-biased grades for them.

marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

Fair assessment, but you realize that EWU returns all of their linebackers this year and probably has the best or 2nd best group in the conference...

D backs will have two great safeties, and 2 unknown CB's, one who is a transfer from ASU.

And to be honest, no one in the Big Sky has proven they can stop Adams yet, EWU averaged 42 points a game last year against big sky opponents and gave up 25.

I do think EWU will be challenged this year, but I think there is only one team besides EWU that has a real shot at the Big Sky and thats the Griz...
they lose six starters off a d that was 8th in scoring, 11th in total d, 8th in run d, 12th in pass d, and 10th in pass eff d in the league, not the nation. even if they returned everyone on d it'd look about the same.

grizindabox said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

What would be your non-biased grades for the Griz...like you have non-biased grades for them.
about the same. we're a bit better at running back. they're a bit better at the other o spots. our d line is an A. our lbs and dbs are Cs.

Objectively speaking, I would give the Griz a D+/- at every position, other than QB, where it’s a C- at best. That is my objective opinion, and if you think otherwise you are drinking the koolaid while wearing your maroon colored glasses and your judgment is clouded by your win at all cost mentality.

I say this objectively, as I am completely objective. The lack of objectivity and sugar coating on this board would preclude anyone from giving the Griz an objective grade.

If you disagree you are simply being subjective as a Griz fan, and not objective and un-biased like me.

Impartially,
Raider

I'll take a shot on the Griz:

qb A
rb B
wr B plus
ol C
dl A
lb B minus
db C plus
st B minus

I think that's realistic and without maroon colored glasses. A couple of these groups could end up much higher and a couple could go lower by the end of the season.

getgrizzy said:
Brock Landers said:
getgrizzy said:

Fail
so you think a team that finishes no higher than eighth in any major defensive category and lost six starters rates higher? or are you saying eastern's d is an F for fail for each group?
I'm saying their shitty LBs are slightly less shitty than the shitty LBs that make up the rest of the Big Sky

getgrizzy said:
marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

they lose six starters off a d that was 8th in scoring, 11th in total d, 8th in run d, 12th in pass d, and 10th in pass eff d in the league, not the nation. even if they returned everyone on d it'd look about the same.

Fair enough, but remember, Tonani will be back on D from his medical redshirt last year, so its technically only 5 lost starters, but you make good points.

EWU's offense did help contribute to EWU's poor defensive numbers. EWU was 10th in time of possession, but absolutely dominated the offensive categories. Lots of quick scores gives the opposition more opportunities than a grind it out type of a game....

GPA-conversion-chart.png

marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:
marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:
qb - A
rb - B
wr - A
ol - C

dl - D
lb - C
db - C

st - C

Fair enough, but remember, Tonani will be back on D from his medical redshirt last year, so its technically only 5 lost starters, but you make good points.

EWU's offense did help contribute to EWU's poor defensive numbers. EWU was 10th in time of possession, but absolutely dominated the offensive categories. Lots of quick scores gives the opposition more opportunities than a grind it out type of a game....
its true that giving the ball back the opponents offense gives them more chance to gain total yards, but the average per play is still high. 11th in yards per pass attempt and 7th in yards per rush.

not saying you suck as a team. i think you'll win the league.

getgrizzy said:
marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:
marceagfan5 said:

its true that giving the ball back the opponents offense gives them more chance to gain total yards, but the average per play is still high. 11th in yards per pass attempt and 7th in yards per rush.

Maybe it is good that the Eagle defense will have 5-6 new starters...they weren't very good last season

grizindabox said:
getgrizzy said:
marceagfan5 said:
getgrizzy said:

Maybe it is good that the Eagle defense will have 5-6 new starters...they weren't very good last season

:lol: , I hope so...

Our D can definitely be frustrating...

Back