• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Epps dismissed from Idaho

Brock Landers

Ok, I realize that:

1) We've been issue-free for while, grabbing a guy who was just arrested for DUI is probably not a big MO at the moment

2) The last thing we need on the roster is another f#$#ing receiver, especially since Jones and Henderson are still only JRs

...but this guy could be quite a pick-up for someone in the West. One of the few players on their team that was actually worth a sh#t.

He's also the only player featured on their 2014 team poster :lol: Harsh.

idaho-football.jpg

90% of college kids drink and drive at some point in their college careers. Some get caught. If its the only thing he has ever been in trouble for, I say at least have a visit with him. He'll probably go to EWU.

Hammer said:
90% of college kids drink and drive at some point in their college careers. Some get caught. If its the only thing he has ever been in trouble for, I say at least have a visit with him. He'll probably go to EWU.
I thought I read he was arrested for theft.

I assume he's a California kid. Maybe headed to sac state?

wbtfg said:
Hammer said:
I thought I read he was arrested for theft.

I assume he's a California kid. Maybe headed to sac state?

Theft is a different animal. If its theft I wouldn't touch him.

We don't need him!!! We have a great chemistry among the players now and don't need to ruin it. Let me assure you if Petrino dropped him he comes with a lot of baggage.

I thought there was a new rule that a kid had to have 2 years of eligibility to drop down unless he was a graduate. I don't know the specifics but am sure someone does.

If it is theft, Ash will be all over him. Like a kid stealing a bicycle, or one just stealing beer from a convenience store, or just some random kids that like breaking into the Mayors house. :thumb:

Got to give Petrino credit, took a lot of balls to dismiss your star player, featured on the schedule poster, and as the Idaho beat writer on Twitter put it, "The Vandals' only NFL prospect." That's how you build a program full of quality kids, no one is above the team.

Griz1 said:
I thought there was a new rule that a kid had to have 2 years of eligibility to drop down unless he was a graduate. I don't know the specifics but am sure someone does.

Something like that. goes back to the year right after Josh Swogger and a Matt Gutierrez transferred into Idaho State from somewhere in Michigan, if not mistaken. 2006 season, I believe. Now it's two years of eligibility left in order to transfer, drop-down, etc., for it to be NCAA approved.

Appears like 5'10" 170 lbs Dezmon Epps was a junior last year (2013) < http://www.govandals.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=206294960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...for he is referred to as a 'senior' in the following article < http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/07/20/3288834/idaho-football-team-dismisses.html?sp=/99/1687/&ihp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All I hear is but a DUI in Pullman, Washington. Ooops. Didn't read the last part of the second link article (update) above. There is a misdemeanor petit theft listed as well.

We don't need him. We have way too many guys that play the position.. Now if he was their starting LB and had over a 100 tackles that would be a different story.

:D

MrTitleist said:
Got to give Petrino credit, took a lot of balls to dismiss your star player, featured on the schedule poster, and as the Idaho beat writer on Twitter put it, "The Vandals' only NFL prospect." That's how you build a program full of quality kids, no one is above the team.

There must be more to it than a DUI. Almost a month has gone by since this occurred, hasn't it.

Even if Delaney wanted to give him a second chance, the Engstom et al committee probably wouldn't allow it. They make the final decisions on things like like this now--not Delaney. This new regime is probably affecting and limiting recruiting, at least to some extent.

he was arrested for d.u.i. in april and arrest for misdemeanor theft ($37.02 for a store) in july.

there is no way in hell delaney will look at this guy. thankfully those days are over.

Brock Landers said:
He's also the only player featured on their 2014 team poster :lol: Harsh.

idaho-football.jpg

Of course the guy is going to look good, he's playing against guys in leather helmets for Crissake? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, much more than DUI. Looks like he's bad news. And will be a senior, and there's no way he's already graduating (so that he could transfer to FCS).

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2014/jul/21/dismissed-idaho-receiver-charged-petty-theft/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PlayerRep said:
Yup, much more than DUI. Looks like he's bad news. And will be a senior, and there's no way he's already graduating (so that he could transfer to FCS).

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2014/jul/21/dismissed-idaho-receiver-charged-petty-theft/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it's not acceptable to steal but if he was that broke does he qualify for food stamps or is that against the NCAA regulations?

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:

I know it's not acceptable to steal but if he was that broke does he qualify for food stamps or is that against the NCAA regulations?

He wasn't so broke that he couldn't post bail.

PlayerRep said:

So if he transfers to EWU, he'd have 7.3 years of eligibility left correct?[emoji1][emoji1]

Back