• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Armchairs...Unite and make your call!

Dmontanagrizzlies

DONOR
So tired of reading about this school and that school on this site.
So, I felt given the time of year and the amount of brow beating this time of year usually brings to try and bring some thoughtful discussion back to the group.
Consider this years Griz your fantasy team....
So here is what I would like all of you to do that choose to participate...

1. You can only make 3 specific changes into the system. This can be a coach, assistant, starting player, O or D scheme ( you must work off the starting spring roster with adding any new players joining over the summer). Making a summer addition a starter will not be considered a specific change. ((Yes, you Armchairs are finally getting called out :) ))

2. You must validate each reason why you would make each specific change and why it will benefit the team in general. In other words, if you replace a coach with another, why, with whom and how would they perform better given the existing team? It has to be realistic. How would a certain new starting player or scheme make the team better for the greater good?

3. Given your changes and the real schedule...give scores with honest wins and losses to your analysis, given the upcoming schedule. How far do you see the team going with your results.

Good Luck, keep it positive...Go Griz!
Brint...I'm sure you can help with Spring depth charts, etc., here.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
So tired of reading about this school and that school on this site.
So, I felt given the time of year and the amount of brow beating this time of year usually brings to try and bring some thoughtful discussion back to the group.
Consider this years Griz your fantasy team....
So here is what I would like all of you to do that choose to participate...

1. You can only make 3 specific changes into the system. This can be a coach, assistant, starting player, O or D scheme ( you must work off the starting spring roster with adding any new players joining over the summer). Making a summer addition a starter will not be considered a specific change. ((Yes, you Armchairs are finally getting called out :) ))

2. You must validate each reason why you would make each specific change and why it will benefit the team in general. In other words, if you replace a coach with another, why, with whom and how would they perform better given the existing team? It has to be realistic. How would a certain new starting player or scheme make the team better for the greater good?

3. Given your changes and the real schedule...give scores with honest wins and losses to your analysis, given the upcoming schedule. How far do you see the team going with your results.

Good Luck, keep it positive...Go Griz!
Brint...I'm sure you can help with Spring depth charts, etc., here.

The spring depth chart is nowhere to be found, they pull that down pretty quickly after spring for some reason. Rumors of academic suspensions or missing the season aside here's what I think it is... roughly:

QB: Johnson / Smithwick-Hann
RB: Canada / Van / Nguyen
FB: Wilson / Richards
WR: Henderson / Walcott
WR: Jones / Haynes
WR: Naccarato / Berland
TE: Ralston or Saylor
OT: Schmaing / Kelly
OT: Poole / LaRowe
OG: Hines / Todd
OG: Weyer / Deitrich
C: Hines / Weyer

DE: Wagenmann / Crittenden
DE: Holmes / Johnson
DT: Takai / Peevey
DT: Kidder / Rehm
OLB: Gamboa / Lebsock
OLB: Van Ackeren / Strahm
MLB: Kose / Schye
CB: Harris / Nelson
CB: Dennard / Mckinley
S: Hermanson / Dallaserra
S: Whitted / Gratton

P: Shaw / Lider
K: Greenberg / Lider

Been thinking on this post, and really with the current roster and system in place it's REALLY tough to suggest an overall change that would probably produce better results.

The one thing I think of is the offense overall. If this were a fantasy football type set up, I'd replace the OC's and bring in either Bob Cole, Robin Pflugrad, or Johnathan Smith in and have them set up their hurry-up/spread offenses back in. Mostly for a few reasons;

1. JJ at QB
2. All of our available running backs this season are best equipped for that offense
3. Our O-line is a little lighter than previous, a quicker/faster system might suit them better
4. The WR's are good blockers and esp Jones and Henderson can make defenders pay big time if they get fooled with the spread offense.

BWahlberg said:
Been thinking on this post, and really with the current roster and system in place it's REALLY tough to suggest an overall change that would probably produce better results.

The one thing I think of is the offense overall. If this were a fantasy football type set up, I'd replace the OC's and bring in either Bob Cole, Robin Pflugrad, or Johnathan Smith in and have them set up their hurry-up/spread offenses back in. Mostly for a few reasons;

1. JJ at QB
2. All of our available running backs this season are best equipped for that offense
3. Our O-line is a little lighter than previous, a quicker/faster system might suit them better
4. The WR's are good blockers and esp Jones and Henderson can make defenders pay big time if they get fooled with the spread offense.

This.
Game over! Ha!
:thumb:

Also, it would be cool if the opposing teams could all run the spread, too, since our defense is better set up for that than they are the power running game.

AllWeatherFan said:
Also, it would be cool if the opposing teams could all run the spread, too, since our defense is better set up for that than they are the power running game.

yeah and get lit up for 600 yds.. You know damn well Gregorak would have the DB's playing 10 yds past the line of scrimmage, running a soft zone coverage..

:lol:

I do like our offense and defense setup this year. If I could change anything, I would bring back Bobby Hauck at HC and Robin Pflugrad offensive Coordinator. This would give the best discipline and best special teams and an offense scheme that this team is already designed for. Oh yeah, a kicker...need to research who I could put in for this position. I like Shaw as a punter.

I would bring papa bear's offense back. We seem to have the skill positions for it (minus TE). Can you imagine JJ with 5-wide on every down? Remax is always saying Scott Gragg's O-lines are best suited for pass blocking anyway.

But the most obvious answer to this thread has to be BRESKE. The difference between he and TG is bigger than the Berkley pit.

garizzalies said:
I would bring papa bear's offense back. We seem to have the skill positions for it (minus TE). Can you imagine JJ with 5-wide on every down? Remax is always saying Scott Gragg's O-lines are best suited for pass blocking anyway.

But the most obvious answer to this thread has to be BRESKE. The difference between he and TG is bigger than the Berkley pit.

OH YES! BRESKE,,,I need him too!

Breske would be great along with with a big,nasty, JD Quinn at center and leave Weyer at guard. If we get Schmaing back we are one good o-lineman away from being a very good football team.

I think this years team is more stacked with athletes than compared to years past. I actually think we're loaded at linebacker and I'll check back on this statement end of season. Some of our best recruits the last couple years have been at this position and we just upgraded our speed and coverage ability here. Was the most glaring weakness from last year to me. O-line is really my only question mark, personally, but people seem to question it every year, and guessing its efficacy preseason is hit or miss. The coaches and players keep saying our defense is gonna surprise and I feel the same way. Their comments have only reassured what I've been thinking

Oh yeah, I predict we'll have a similar record, maybe worse, but make the playoffs and be a title contender. In short, I think we are a better team this year than last. Another year of continuity after the shitstorm.

If i were in charge of the Grizz, I would...

1. Hire Beau Baldwin

2. Recruit Shootah "Big Play VA" Adams, Cooper Kupp, Hamlin et al.

3. Install Red Turf at Eastern Washington Grizzly Stadium

Then kick back and watch the wins roll in.

FormerEag said:

1. Hire Beau Baldwin

That would make us no talent hacks with little sister syndrome........I will stick with the 152 wins we have had since 2000. Pretty sure that is second in the nation in DI ball and probably more wins than your school has in 30 years. :lol:

Now that's funny! :lol:

But not as funny as a .555 lifetime winning %. That's closer to the cats! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
FormerEag said:

1. Hire Beau Baldwin

I will stick with the no talent hacks with little sister syndrome.

FIFY

Get rid of our D Coordinator. When you hear scout after scout say Tripp was used incorrectly, enough said.

cow bell....more cow bell

giphy.gif

And someone other than Raider to be objective...

Latest posts

Back