• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bison tix

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I heard a rumor that the Mighty Bison are only releasing 200-300 tickets to the Griz for the matchup in Fargo on Sept 20th. Because of this, the ticket office is supposedly taking reservations for GSA members only at this point. If you're a GSA member and are planning to go, you may want to call and get your tickets. I was told you may only be able to get 2 tickets. I have some buds in Fargo trying to round up a couple fix for me....hope it works out!

Isn't there some minimum allotment of tickets that the NCAA requires host teams to sell to visiting fans? I thought it was something like 500. Whatever it is, if NDSU is only giving UM 200-300 tickets, that's pathetic.

get'em_griz said:
Isn't there some minimum allotment of tickets that the NCAA requires host teams to sell to visiting fans? I thought it was something like 500. Whatever it is, if NDSU is only giving UM 200-300 tickets, that's pathetic.
I think there is a rule for bsc conference games, but for non conference, I think that's negotiated in the contract between the two schools. whatever UM gets, I'm sure it will be the same when ndsu travels to Missoula

My guess is UM got 500+, but that includes player family tickets. After those spoken for, there may only be 200-300 remaining boosters.

get'em_griz wrote:Isn't there some minimum allotment of tickets that the NCAA requires host teams to sell to visiting fans? I thought it was something like 500. Whatever it is, if NDSU is only giving UM 200-300 tickets, that's pathetic.

That is reality of that outfit, they do not have to follow NCAA rules because they know NCAA could care less and will not do anything to them. It is the only reason for their success.

Just accept the snarky pathetic idiots that run and follow them for what they are - a combination wanna be/never was who are irrelavents wastes of human debris.

Huh? Or the demand is ridiculous. Last year tickets sold out in 7 minutes.

14,000 season ticket holders is capped.
4000 student tickets
300 visiting team

That's it folks!! $100/ticket on stubhub. Maybe, because no one sells their tickets

Griz1952. I have no idea what u just said, it's the ONLY reason for our success?? Wow, there are no words

Bisonation said:

4000 student tickets
300 visiting team

That's it folks!! $100/ticket on stubhub. Maybe, because no one sells their tickets

Griz1952. I have no idea what u just said, it's the ONLY reason for our success?? Wow, there are no words

What if it doesn't rain, and more people decide to stay home to harvest the turnips? Or is it where it does rain, and people decide to come to the gym? I can't remember the way that excuse works. Anyway, is there a contingency plan in place at UNDS for that kind of thing? If Earl and Martha are out with a good yield, do their seats remain empty?

CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:

4000 student tickets
300 visiting team

What if it doesn't rain, and more people decide to stay home to harvest the turnips? Or is it where it does rain, and people decide to come to the gym? Is there a contingency plan in place at UNDS for that kind of thing? If Earl and Martha are out with a good yield, do their seats remain empty?

Yeah........ Do they?

No, you dumbasses. Earl parks the green and yeller Massey Ferguson 135, scrapes the rich soil off his boots, puts on his green and yeller size XXXL Bizon jacket, and heads for town. Jesus!

Griz1952 said:
get'em_griz wrote:Isn't there some minimum allotment of tickets that the NCAA requires host teams to sell to visiting fans? I thought it was something like 500. Whatever it is, if NDSU is only giving UM 200-300 tickets, that's pathetic.

That is reality of that outfit, they do not have to follow NCAA rules because they know NCAA could care less and will not do anything to them. It is the only reason for their success.

Just accept the snarky pathetic idiots that run and follow them for what they are - a combination wanna be/never was who are irrelavents wastes of human debris.
This guy should be banned from posting on this site.....he is a liar and has been proven as one.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Griz1952 said:

This guy should be banned from posting on this site.....he is a liar and has been proven as one.
band... :coffee:

AllWeatherFan said:
No, you dumbasses. Earl parks the green and yeller Massey Ferguson 135, scrapes the rich soil off his boots, puts on his green and yeller size XXXL Bizon jacket, and heads for town. Jesus!

How did you know I drive a Massey 135? Are you stalking me? But it's still original and not yellow and green. And my name's not Earl. And it's only XL, not XXXL. But I'm still freaked out over the stalking. Next thing you know, you'll be eviscerating me with pointed remarks.

But a little more seriously,

The ticket breakdown numbers posted before are close but not quite accurate.

Season tickets are capped at 12,100. Student tickets are under 4,000, but close(maybe 3850-3950). The athletic departments holds a few hundred back for families, staff, and recruits. Total seated capacity of the Fargodome is 18,700. SRO tickets bump that to about 19,100. It used to be 19,200, but TV crews take up over 75 of the seats when they set up their equipment. That used to only impact a couple games a year, but now it's every game.

The NCAA has rules for visitor allotments, but that only applies to playoff games. Conferences often have rules, but those are only for conference matchups. Non-con matchups have the allotments spelled out in the contract.

This year, the Montana, SDSU and SIU(homecoming) games sold out within an hour. The rest of the games took a little longer. All tickets were gone by 12:30pm. Last year was similar, but it took until about midnight to get them all sold. I'm guessing Bisonation is actually lakesbison; they have the same tendency to exaggerate facts that don't really need exaggerating.

(sorry for dredging up a week-dead thread, but I don't drop by that often and the Massey coincidence was too funny to let go by)

Hammersmith said:
AllWeatherFan said:

How did you know I drive a Massey 135? Are you stalking me? But it's still original and not yellow and green. And my name's not Earl. And it's only XL, not XXXL. But I'm still freaked out over the stalking. Next thing you know, you'll be eviscerating me with pointed remarks.

But a little more seriously,

The ticket breakdown numbers posted before are close but not quite accurate.

Season tickets are capped at 12,100. Student tickets are under 4,000, but close(maybe 3850-3950). The athletic departments holds a few hundred back for families, staff, and recruits. Total seated capacity of the Fargodome is 18,700. SRO tickets bump that to about 19,100. It used to be 19,200, but TV crews take up over 75 of the seats when they set up their equipment. That used to only impact a couple games a year, but now it's every game.

The NCAA has rules for visitor allotments, but that only applies to playoff games. Conferences often have rules, but those are only for conference matchups. Non-con matchups have the allotments spelled out in the contract.

This year, the Montana, SDSU and SIU(homecoming) games sold out within an hour. The rest of the games took a little longer. All tickets were gone by 12:30pm. Last year was similar, but it took until about midnight to get them all sold. I'm guessing Bisonation is actually lakesbison; they have the same tendency to exaggerate facts that don't really need exaggerating.

(sorry for dredging up a week-dead thread, but I don't drop by that often and the Massey coincidence was too funny to let go by)
Hammer, you get what you give. Most of your bizon friends have been dicks! Great post and thanks!

Griz1952 said:

Well, hello, '52.....long time, no read......Where have you been? Gotta admit you've set your own bar high, really high, this time for stupidity ....."they do not have to follow NCAA rules"......Really? ...... since 2011, the Bison are 43-2, but it's because they allow only 300 tickets to opposing teams? The only snarky, pathetic idiot on this thread is you, but that's been proven often enough. If you can score a ticket for the Griz game, stop in before kickoff at BWW (it's straight north of the FD)..... I would really like to meet you in person, hell, I'll even buy you a beer. That would be OK with the Home, wouldn't it?

Back