• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Total Wins Since 2010

get'em_griz

DONOR
We all know that since 2000, Montana has won a ton of DI games. It got me curious to see how we have done since 2010 to start the new decade compared to the rest of the conference and the division. (Note: all wins also include dII or lower. I threw this together quickly and didn't have time to adjust for non-DI wins)

Big Sky Conference Since 2010
1. Eastern Washington (42-13)
2. Montana State (37-13)
3. Montana (33-16)
4. Cal Poly (28-18)
5. Northern Arizona (27-18)
6. Southern Utah (25-21)
7. Sacramento State (21-24)
8. North Dakota (19-25)
9. UC Davis (19-26)
10. Portland State (18-27)
11. Weber State (15-30)
12. Northern Colorado (9-36)
13. Idaho State (7-38)

FCS Total Records Since 2010
1. North Dakota State (52-7)
2. Eastern Washington (42-13)
3. Sam Houston State (40-15)
4. Lehigh (39-9)
5. Georgia Southern (38-16)
6. Montana State (37-13)
7. Bethune-Cookman (37-11)
8. New Hampshire (34-18)
9. Montana (33-16)
10. Coastal Carolina (33-18)
30. Cal Poly (28-18)
34. Northern Arizona (27-18)
42. Southern Utah (25-21)
64. Sacramento State (21-24)
75. North Dakota (19-25)
76. UC Davis (19-26)
86. Portland State (18-27)
102. Weber State (15-30)
114. Northern Colorado (9-36)
119. Idaho State (7-38)
125. Valparaiso (3-41)

Kinda interesting to see where everyone sits.

So even in down years... we're still doing all right, speaks to the standard that fans expect.

I assume this includes vacated wins from 2011?

BWahlberg said:
So even in down years... we're still doing all right, speaks to the standard that fans expect.

Hey Brint, what is 7+11+5+10?

BWahlberg said:

Yep, that does include those vacated wins from 2011. Technically, Montana is 28-16 since 2010, but I figured I'd add those wins in there too since we did win those games even though the NCAA doesn't record them in the record book. Even at 28-16, it's not terrible with all the issues this program has had to go through.

It's pretty impressive Montana is STILL the winningest team in the FCS (and in ain't even close) and ALL of college football since 2000.
2012 obviously kills our "run" this decade but it's pretty obvious other than NDSU's three recent titles we've ran the FCS the last 3 decades.

To bounce back with 10 wins after dealing with something that would have crippled almost any other FCS school says a lot about our program.

The Griz will be back to full steam in no time.

pussycatkillerz said:
It's pretty impressive Montana is STILL the winningest team in the FCS (and in ain't even close) and ALL of college football since 2000.
2012 obviously kills our "run" this decade but it's pretty obvious other than NDSU's three recent titles we've ran the FCS the last 3 decades.

To bounce back with 10 wins after dealing with something that would have crippled almost any other FCS school says a lot about our program.

The Griz will be back to full steam in no time.

And if you compare Montana and NDSU all the way back to 2004 when they moved to D1, Montana leads NDSU in number of wins.

2004-2013:
Montana (104-29) *(99-29 with vacated wins)
NDSU (96-29)

Two insane programs. Pretty incredible.

garazzlies, I don't think anyone has to rationalize anything. The OP admitted the 28-16 are through some DOWN years. He's admitting, Montana hasn't played to the level people have grown accustomed to. But, If you didn't think Montana, would at some point, have some down seasons, you are either committed to a mental ward or you live in an alternate universe. Down seasons were going to happen. IT WAS AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SUSTAIN something like Montana has had over nearly three decades. Notre Dame never did it, Alabama didn't do it, Penn State didn't do it, USC didn't do it, Nebraska didn't do it, Miami didn't do it, Florida State didn't do it. Not for nearly 30 years. Something derailed every one of those programs, and to think somehow the University of Montana was immune to factors derailing a dynsaty is absolutely absurd and complete unreasonable.

YET, other than a handful of the other FCS powers, NDSU, EWU, James Madison, formerly Appy State, the rest of the country would KILL to be 28-16 through the worst four-year stretch in a 30-year span. They would KILLLLLLLLL to be able to say, "this was the worst four years in the last 30 and yet we're still 12 games over .500." No one is rationalizing anything, the facts do that for us.

havgrizfan said:
garazzlies, I don't think anyone has to rationalize anything. The OP admitted the 28-16 are through some DOWN years. He's admitting, Montana hasn't played to the level people have grown accustomed to. But, If you didn't think Montana, would at some point, have some down seasons, you are either committed to a mental ward or you live in an alternate universe. Down seasons were going to happen. IT WAS AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SUSTAIN something like Montana has had over nearly three decades. Notre Dame never did it, Alabama didn't do it, Penn State didn't do it, USC didn't do it, Nebraska didn't do it, Miami didn't do it, Florida State didn't do it. Not for nearly 30 years. Something derailed every one of those programs, and to think somehow the University of Montana was immune to factors derailing a dynsaty is absolutely absurd and complete unreasonable.

YET, other than a handful of the other FCS powers, NDSU, EWU, James Madison, formerly Appy State, the rest of the country would KILL to be 28-16 through the worst four-year stretch in a 30-year span. They would KILLLLLLLLL to be able to say, "this was the worst four years in the last 30 and yet we're still 12 games over .500." No one is rationalizing anything, the facts do that for us.

To borrow a phrase from CDA...

boom.

Of all the schools hav mentioned none of them had the margin over their respective conference--in terms of overall program advantages--that we had. Thus he just rationalized the fact that we fell the farthest

The saddest part isn't that 63% in the bsc has somehow become acceptable, it's that we absolutely could have "SUSTAINED" it and avoided the fall. Hell, that drunk alpha dude was calling it for years

garrizlies, how can u say fell the furthest...EVERY ONE of those programs has had MULTIPLE losing seasons, multiple missed bowl games, manny consecutive years of NEVER sniffing a national title, ALL after what were considered some of the greatest runs in college football history. The Griz have had ONE losing SEASON in the last 29...ONE.

I'm also curious to know what your definition of "acceptable" is. You must be talking about the fans, because if you have any clue or insight into the actual PROGRAM, you would know that not one player or coach that has beein in UM'S program over the last four years thinks ANY loss the Griz have had is "acceptable".

So, you must be talking about yourself then. So in those terms, since you DON'T accept the Griz' current record over the last four years, enlighten us on exactly what steps you are taking to fix it? What course of action are you taking to ensure the Griz go 16-0 this season and win the national title? Surely since your not accepting of the last four years, you must have some plan of action? you must have some sort of control???

Again, we had the biggest gap over our conf compared to those schools and now the GD beagles rule the roost.

"Acceptable" = 63%. Last week I pointed out that our own coach was rationalizing 63% in the paper. According to wiki, we haven't won the bsc this decade yet this thread is dedicated to protraying that as a positive.

Step one is to stop rationalizing mediocrity in the GD bsc. To get the other steps you'll have to pm me you cc# so you can buy my book

snap said:
havgrizfan said:

To borrow a phrase from CDA...

boom.

Great usage.

garizzalies said:
Again, we had the biggest gap over our conf compared to those schools and now the GD beagles rule the roost.

"Acceptable" = 63%. Last week I pointed out that our own coach was rationalizing 63% in the paper. According to wiki, we haven't won the bsc this decade yet this thread is dedicated to protraying that as a positive.

Step one is to stop rationalizing mediocrity in the GD bsc. To get the other steps you'll have to pm me you cc# so you can buy my book

:roll: nobody is trying to portray that not winning the BSC yet this decade as a positive. We all know winning the Big Sky every year is the goal and we shouldn't settle for anything less. The point is we are damn fortunate to have the record we have with the coaching changes, system changes, and NCAA sanctions. If any other school had to deal with the crap we've had this decade, you can damn well bet they wouldn't be as successful as we've been. And like said before, no program has been able to maintain it's dynasty without hitting a speed bump every now and then. Not even NDSU will be able to do it. When you do hit that speed bump, you either crash and burn or pick yourself right back up, and Montana is doing the later.

No loss is ever "acceptable" but they happen! Of course you want to win every game but that isn't going to happen. People who don't understand just how damn hard it is to win have to remember that every other program in the country is trying to do exactly what the Griz are trying to do. We've just been better at it over 30 years than anybody else. 30 YEARS! That's insane.

Some of the complainers on here strike me as the same douche bags who wore "NO FEAR" t-shirts in the 90's with stupid ass slogans on them like "Second place is the first loser", yeah because you should be ashamed with a silver medal?

I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch in a no fear t-shirt (that was nice btw) but you can't compare Nebraska surrendering the big12 to a team like Texas to us surrendering the big sky to a junior college. Makes me wanna puke when I hear it's "still pretty good considering...." That kind of attitude will get this staff another extension after 8 - 12 (66%)

Back