• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

(Early) Wyoming Score Predictions

get'em_griz

DONOR
33 Days until Gameday! What do you think/hope the final score will be against Wyoming?

I just ran a simulation on the versus app, and here's what they've got:

@ Wyoming - L 35-34.

And just out of curiosity, here's if the game were played in Missoula...

@ Montana - W 36-32

I'm optimistic about this game. If everything goes right and we can play 4 quarters of solid football, I'm going to say the Griz win 28-24.

What are your predictions?

Serious question: When was the last time the Griz played 4 quarters of solid football?

In EVERY game we've lost (and many we've won) over the past 2-3 years, there's been a 15-20 minute period (by the clock) where we just absolutely SUCKED ASS on the field. Outplayed the opponent for 40-45 minutes, but give the game away in the critical other 15. Sometimes it's the 2nd quarter, sometimes, it's the last half of the 2nd and the first half of the 3rd, sometimes it's the first 15 minutes of the game.....but it almost NEVER fails....

I'm not sure that's going to be a formula for success against a Craig Bohl-coached team...

AZGrizFan said:
Serious question: When was the last time the Griz played 4 quarters of solid football?

In EVERY game we've lost (and many we've won) over the past 2-3 years, there's been a 15-20 minute period (by the clock) where we just absolutely SUCKED ASS on the field. Outplayed the opponent for 40-45 minutes, but give the game away in the critical other 15. Sometimes it's the 2nd quarter, sometimes, it's the last half of the 2nd and the first half of the 3rd, sometimes it's the first 15 minutes of the game.....but it almost NEVER fails....

I'm not sure that's going to be a formula for success against a Craig Bohl-coached team...

That's why I said "IF"! I'm just praying that our one "4 quarter" game is against Wyoming! :lol: :oops:

Much better match up as opposed to Tenn, Iowa, or the duckies....

Think we have a decent shot if we avoid vapor lock moments and keep focus. Might be our best shot at beating a mid major team...

UM 29 c'boys 24

29-28 us 3 field goals after we miss our first extra point attempt. Final field goal from over 40 and it hits 2 the cross bar before falling through the back.

I'm reasonably confident an early score in this game will be 0-0.

ultimately ending with a 24-16 Montana win. :ugeek:

With only one returning starter on the offensive line, the Griz aren't likely to win this one. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be Brian Ah-Yat all over again. He was never the same after being injured in that Wyoming game.

This game will be summed up in two words...."Coastal Carolina" If the Griz couldn't stop an afterthought playoff team in the cold, in Wa-Griz, with 3 all BSC LB's, so-called best DL west of the Mississippi...why would they think they could stop a power team coached by Craig Bohles with none of the aforementioned "studs" dressed out? This game will not even be close..think Ali vs. Quarry....mid-fight knockout!!!! The Griz won't lay a glove on the Cowboys----- Griz 7 Cowboys 38

20-17 Griz. The Cowboys get a field goal with 4 seconds left to put them up by 3. Then Ellis Henderson returns the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown!

: I like our chances against wyo better than msu against Arkansas State. Good grief their gonna get killed. :yikes:

31-17 Cowboys. The only thing that keeps Montana in this game is Wyoming's weak secondary. However, the Cowboy front seven is probably going to give a lesson in ass kickings to the Montana offensive line. Smith and Herron are gone, but the WRs and RBs are top notch.. just need a QB to not turn the ball over and keep the chains moving. Cowboys have six QBs in camp and beats the hell out of me who's going to start.

nzone said:
: I like our chances against wyo better than msu against Arkansas State. Good grief their gonna get killed. :yikes:

Not so much. Ash has been oh so close a few times to notching the FBS win... But they keep squeaking out W's. This might be the year the monkey comes off.

poorgriz said:
nzone said:

Not so much. Ash has been oh so close a few times to notching the FBS win... But they keep squeaking out W's. This might be the year the monkey comes off.

:lol: Last year when the "monkey came off", it resulted in a new cat logo with a big gob of white stuff on his chin. Be careful what you wish for.

Back