• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Phins drop Brock Jensen for Northern CO's Lobato

Huh.. ain't that something. Jensen, who posted a terrific W/L record in college, gets cut for a QB who posted pretty much the exact opposite W/L. Lobato is probably a better passer.. Jensen had a lot of tools that suited him in college, but doesn't really translate to the pro game.

Wow, how the hell has Northern Colorado only won 9 out of their last 45 games over the last 4 seasons with an NFL QB?

Has 3 QBs ahead of him, he better fight for the No. 3 spot if he hopes to make it out of fall camp.

It sounds like the Miami staff wasn't too impressed with Brock's performance during the camps. Lobato will have to work his butt off if he wants to stay on that roster.

pussycatkillerz said:
Wow, how the hell has Northern Colorado only won 9 out of their last 45 games over the last 4 seasons with an NFL QB?
Also with an NFL wide receiver - Jace Davis is with the Ravens. I guess it points to poor coaching.

get'em_griz said:
It sounds like the Miami staff wasn't too impressed with Brock's performance during the camps. Lobato will have to work his butt off if he wants to stay on that roster.
Jensen doesn't have to strength, accuracy or reading ability of an nfl QB. The only reason he excelled where he did was because he had 0 pressure to make big time plays. His defense never had him in a tight spot and his Oline and RB talent never allowed a d to key on his weakness. He played great in that system but he was not a top skilled QB.

mtgrizfankb said:
get'em_griz said:
Jensen doesn't have to strength, accuracy or reading ability of an nfl QB. The only reason he excelled where he did was because he had 0 pressure to make big time plays. His defense never had him in a tight spot and his Oline and RB talent never allowed a d to key on his weakness. He played great in that system but he was not a top skilled QB.

This is an excellent assessment, a fair college QB surrounded by talent is bound to have a good won/loss record. Frankly I think Jensen deserves praise for even getting a look in the NFL. That alone exceeded my expectations for the guy. :ugeek:

Big shocker there :lol: ...where are all the delusional Bizon fans and bandwagon blowhards who claimed Jensen was pro-caliber at now. FTB

Living in Fargo, the second Brock Jensen was picked up by the dolphins, every single person here was told. The news was everywhere. It was impossible to not know he was going to be the chosen one for the Dolphins. Funny how now when he's let go just a couple months later, it took me to log on to egriz to find out he was let go in lieu of a guy from Northern Colorado. Priceless. That should finally end all that Pro-ready BS that's been stinking up the city and all of the internet since they won their first NC. Today's going to be a good day! Thanks Egriz!

MTfan4life said:
Living in Fargo, the second Brock Jensen was picked up by the dolphins, every single person here was told. The news was everywhere. It was impossible to not know he was going to be the chosen one for the Dolphins. Funny how now when he's let go just a couple months later, it took me to log on to egriz to find out he was let go in lieu of a guy from Northern Colorado. Priceless. That should finally end all that Pro-ready BS that's been stinking up the city and all of the internet since they won their first NC. Today's going to be a good day! Thanks Egriz!

It's all over the forum and bisonville, so you aren't looking very hard to make that statement. Certainly disappointing for bison fans hoping he would catch on and develop. Not being swept under at all, despite your statements. IMO, this is disappointing, but doesn't for me diminish his legacy at NDSU, one hell of a legacy. In all honesty, the guy getting the snaps this year has the tools to be a pro, significantly more than Jensen. You'll get a look at that in September . . . oh ya, your luckily from Fargo, so you'll get to see it all year!

Herd said:
MTfan4life said:

It's all over the forum and bisonville, so you aren't looking very hard to make that statement. Certainly disappointing for bison fans hoping he would catch on and develop. Not being swept under at all, despite your statements. IMO, this is disappointing, but doesn't for me diminish his legacy at NDSU, one hell of a legacy. In all honesty, the guy getting the snaps this year has the tools to be a pro, significantly more than Jensen. You'll get a look at that in September . . . oh ya, your luckily from Fargo, so you'll get to see it all year!

I often wonder what is meant by the tools to be an NFL QB; height? Russell Wilson and Drew Brees look like extra's from a hobbit movie. Speed? Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are about as mobile as Mt.Sentinel. Cannon for an arm? Fran Tarkenton couldn't have broken a plate glass window with baseball. But they were are/all great. The tool you need to be an NFL QB is be good, whatever the hell that means.

SaskGriz said:
Herd said:
MTfan4life said:

I often wonder what is meant by the tools to be an NFL QB; height? Russell Wilson and Drew Brees look like extra's from a hobbit movie. Speed? Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are about as mobile as Mt.Sentinel. Cannon for an arm? Fran Tarkenton couldn't have broken a plate glass window with baseball. But they were are/all great. The tool you need to be an NFL QB is be good, whatever the hell that means.

Sometimes even great quarterbacks don't make it in the NFL. Armanti Edwards, arguably one of the greatest quarterback in FCS history, didn't make it in the NFL as a QB. Granted as mobile as he is, he was able to use that to his advantage and convert to a WR.

MTfan4life said:
this is where I stop believing you have actually been to ND.

1Griz_Fan said:
Big shocker there :lol: ...where are all the delusional Bizon fans and bandwagon blowhards who claimed Jensen was pro-caliber at now. FTB
:clap: Totally agree with your post!! :lol: :thumb:

SaskGriz said:
Herd said:
MTfan4life said:

What he's is saying is pretty simple, the guy lining up behind center this year for the Bison is just as talented, speed, arm, smarts, size as that QB from Nevada that took the fourty whiners to the Super Bowl. I still can't believe that guy isn't playing FBS somewhere.

With injuries to Dolphins #2 and #3 QBs the Dolphins have picked up Brock Jensen again

Back