• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Humor from a Serious Topic

IdaGriz01

Okay, just to lighten the mood with a month to go. Was watching the news tonight when they reported that the “First Responders” – firemen, etc. – were running a practice drill down at the giant quonset hut (Holt Arena). Important, serious stuff. They talked about communications, equipment training, and so on. And apparently identified some areas for improvement … which is great.

Then the TV reporter on the scene said something like, “Just think if emergency personnel had to handle a packed crowd at Holt Arena!”

My first (serious) thought was, “Gee, that might be a problem.”
Then I realized … “No, actually, that would be a miracle.”
:eek:

:mrgreen: (Even the Griz can't draw a packed crowd to Holt.)

They should spend their time preparing for something that might ACTUALLY happen....like the lone Bungles fan threatening to jump from the quonset hut roof.

IdaGriz01 said:
Then the TV reporter on the scene said something like, “Just think if emergency personnel had to handle a packed crowd at Holt Arena!”

My first (serious) thought was, “Gee, that might be a problem.”
Then I realized … “No, actually, that would be a miracle.”
:eek:

:mrgreen: (Even the Griz can't draw a packed crowd to Holt.)

Typical. The reporters are way too young to remember when the Bengals were a football team, consistently. 33 years since their national championship. The older crowd probably groaned when this reporter made that statement, innocently enough. Kramer may get the job done, though. Kind of like Dr. Frankenstein trying to put life into his creation.

The Bengals have at least some $$$ games lined up. They are set to play BYU, Boise State, and Colorado next year.

Back