• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coyle stepped in and didn't miss a beat with the 1st string

BWahlberg

DONOR
Looks like an incredible day for Brock!

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Brock-Coyle-was-ready-when-the-Seahawks-needed-him/9c6d1af8-fd44-46c2-9427-0b2f313a4e7c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damnit BW, you just had to start a 2nd Coyle thread.....LOL As I said on the other thread,
WOW, now that is from someone that knows about as much as anyone about Linebacker play. Quite an endorsement. :thumb:

Wow. High praise there for BC. Good for him....kid's getting chance and that's all you can ask.

BWahlberg said:
Looks like an incredible day for Brock!

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Brock-Coyle-was-ready-when-the-Seahawks-needed-him/9c6d1af8-fd44-46c2-9427-0b2f313a4e7c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love it!
Nothing would make me happier than having this Griz on my favorite NFL team!! :thumb:

Quite an impression the young man is making--would be AWESOME if he made the Hawks' roster and it looks promising for him to be somewhere in the NFL even if he doesn't stick with Seattle. Props to BC! :clap: :thumb:

griz71 said:
Quite an impression the young man is making--would be AWESOME if he made the Hawks' roster and it looks promising for him to be somewhere in the NFL even if he doesn't stick with Seattle. Props to BC! :clap: :thumb:

I think that one day's performance might have earned him a spot on the roster, or at least the practice squad. I assume he will continue to perform well in the pre-season too. He works hard, doesn't make many mistakes, and is talented. From an NFL viewpoint, he was overshadowed by the size (height), speed and athleticism of Tripp. I thought, early in his junior year (made a post), he would probably make an NFL team. The only thing holding him back, I thought, was his lack of speed and lack of NFL athleticism. After his strong performance at pro day, which surprised me, doubts of lack of speed and athleticism were largely erased, in my mind. By the way, I saw Tripp at the gym just before he left for camp, and he said Jimmy Wilson was doing great and had really become a terrific player. Is married with a child.

More props for Coyle coming from the defensive coordinator.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Dan-Quinn-Brock-Coyle-Versatile/6fb215f8-da8c-424f-9afa-fd5cd24be59f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hate to hex Brock and belabor the point but what if both Tripp and Brock make it in the NFL. I wonder how many defenses at the BCS or the FCS level had that kind of talent at the linebacker position last year? The Griz also had a pretty salty D line but all appeared to be schooled in the playoffs against the Coastal Carolina juggernaught?

EverettGriz said:
Brock Huard just stated on KIRO radio that he believes Coyle will make the Hawks roster. :thumb:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/494707880621121541[/tweet]

grizophile said:
The Griz also had a pretty salty D line but all appeared to be schooled in the playoffs against the Coastal Carolina juggernaught?

That's because it was cold. And loud.

AllWeatherFan said:
grizophile said:
The Griz also had a pretty salty D line but all appeared to be schooled in the playoffs against the Coastal Carolina juggernaught?

How could anyone play under those conditions?

griz71 said:
Sounds like Jimmy has gotten his life in order---good for him!

Jimmy's life was never "out of order". He was erroneously imprisioned on a self defense issue....

fencer24 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
grizophile said:

I once told a coach that some Griz fans blamed the CC loss on UM not being propertly dressed for the cold and he burst out laughing.

PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
grizophile said:

I once told a coach that some Griz fans blamed the CC loss on UM not being propertly dressed for the cold and he burst out laughing.

spongebobmoviehillbillylol.gif

PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
grizophile said:

he probably was relieved you didn't blame the loss on the gameplan..... :eek:

putter said:
PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:
AllWeatherFan said:

he probably was relieved you didn't blame the loss on the gameplan..... :eek:

The main problem was not the gameplan; it was execution. Ask the backers if they played their best game, or even a good game, against CC.

Back