• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

WR health

BWahlberg

DONOR
Hopefully this early injury bug is just that, early, and gives our starters time to get healthy and ready for the season. Of the projected top 6 WRs only one is healthy at the moment, Chase Naccarato. It's early in camp and we usually see these things happen, hopefully this give some of our younger guys some reps and experience with JJ. But man on man, even for a team where I pointed out has a TON of wide receivers, it's pretty thin right now.

Henderson - working his way back from a "non-football" injury/illness.
Jones - Hamstring pull today, told it didn't look too bad.
Haynes - has been in a boot all camp
Walcott - hasn't practiced yet
Rogers - missed yesterday and I think today, upper body injury of some sort

Also Caleb Lyons missed yesterday too.

That leaves our healthy starting corps at Naccarato, Burke, & Berland.

Of them all it would seem the one that might be at the most risk to miss at least the start of the season is Haynes and then possibly Walcott. Both missed all of spring camp too.

Hamstring injuries are pretty typical the first week of camp. It's a conditioning problem. Jones will turn it around.
What's up with Hendu? sounds like this non football health problem has been around for a while. Was he healthy in the spring?

In a time when we hear about the strength of our summer conditioning and strength program shouldn't these immediate injury problems from working hard be at a minimum?

nah, preaseason dings are part of the game..no blaming the strength and conditioning coach for em...read a daily nfl training camp report. its a whos who of minor injuries, especially hammies n ankles. and nfl teams employ the best st guys in the business.

havgrizfan said:
nah, preaseason dings are part of the game..no blaming the strength and conditioning coach for em...read a daily nfl training camp report. its a whos who of minor injuries, especially hammies n ankles. and nfl teams employ the best st guys in the business.

Oh yeah, definitely not blaming anyone for it, I've seen plenty of fall camps with early injuries. Usually it's more spread out though and not concentrated in one position.

griz4life said:
Hamstring injuries are pretty typical the first week of camp. It's a conditioning problem. Jones will turn it around.
What's up with Hendu? sounds like this non football health problem has been around for a while. Was he healthy in the spring?

I thought these guys have been working out running routes this summer? Conditioning shouldn't be an issue period!

looks like Chase will probably miss the Wyoming game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billspeltz/status/504309687810916352[/tweet]

So the presumed starting 3 WRs will be Jones, Rogers, and Burke. All three had incredible fall camps. Backups (guessing) will be Berland, Janssen, and either Graham or Carlson - with Janssen and Carlson having stellar last two weeks of camp. Add in the x-factor of TraVon Van being used as a WR as well.

I think we'll be ok - but it could be better, wish we could have at least had Chase ready for this game.

I'm not overly worried, it would of course be nice to have Ellis and Chase for this but it's not like our tackle situation which is the most concerning to me. WR has good depth.

Bill Speltz ‏@billspeltz 25m
Coach Mick Delaney says WR Chase Naccarato will probably sit out Saturday's game (ankle).

BWahlberg said:
So the presumed starting 3 WRs will be Jones, Rogers, and Burke. All three had incredible fall camps. Backups (guessing) will be Burke, Janssen, and either Graham or Carlson - with Janssen and Carlson having stellar last two weeks of camp. Add in the x-factor of TraVon Van being used as a WR as well.

I think we'll be ok - but it could be better, wish we could have at least had Chase ready for this game.

I'm not overly worried, it would of course be nice to have Ellis and Chase for this but it's not like our tackle situation which is the most concerning to me. WR has good depth.

So, Burke is a starter AND a backup? :?

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
So the presumed starting 3 WRs will be Jones, Rogers, and Burke. All three had incredible fall camps. Backups (guessing) will be Burke, Janssen, and either Graham or Carlson - with Janssen and Carlson having stellar last two weeks of camp. Add in the x-factor of TraVon Van being used as a WR as well.

So, Burke is a starter AND a backup? :?

BERLAND - darn it, I'll edit that, my bad

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
..so I assume he is a go.

Great news!

Incorrect....he's out for the game.

his post is dripping sarcasm

10deaa.png

Back