• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Danny Kistler's Performance

Griz1

I am interested to hear what others thought about Kistler's performance last night against the Packers. I thought he graded out real well as he appeared to do an excellent job pass blocking and did a better than average job run blocking. The only negative I saw was I don't think he played through to the whistle. But that is my opinion only and that opinion and a quarter won't get you a cup of coffee.

He was definitely given a good look and my thinking right now is that he will make the roster. I certainly hope so as he would be another great representative of the University. Good luck Danny.

i watched him close last night. i know it was against the 2's but i thought he did very well an will make the 53 man.

I also thought he did a good job as well. What is weird is that on the Raiders website he is not listed at all on the depth chart. Maybe they don't list players at this time who are trying to make the team. It just seems odd.

UofMGrizFan said:
bobaloo, he's listed as the third right tackle - http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html I sure hope he makes the team. It's about time the Raiders have some Griz attitude on the roster.
They could use people on the team capable of playing football as well. After watching a few preseason games for my Raiders I know I'll be doing some hunting on Saturdays because they won't be doing anything that will make a difference besides padding other teams stats.

dupuyer griz said:
UofMGrizFan said:
bobaloo, he's listed as the third right tackle - http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html I sure hope he makes the team. It's about time the Raiders have some Griz attitude on the roster.
They could use people on the team capable of playing football as well. After watching a few preseason games for my Raiders I know I'll be doing some hunting on Saturdays because they won't be doing anything that will make a difference besides padding other teams stats.
So you'll miss your Griz on Saturday to be back to watch the Raiders suck on Sunday?

Kistler was cut yesterday on final cut day. Hopefully they'll sign him to the practice squad.

AZGrizFan said:
Kistler was cut yesterday on final cut day. Hopefully they'll sign him to the practice squad.

I can't imagine that he won't get on the practice squad of some team.

bigsisterkistler said:
Dan Kistler was signed to the practice squad today with the Oakland Raiders. He will travel with the team to all the games, even to London!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bigsisterkistler said:
Dan Kistler was signed to the practice squad today with the Oakland Raiders. He will travel with the team to all the games, even to London!

Great. I thought practice squad guys didn't travel with the team generally?

PlayerRep said:
bigsisterkistler said:

Great. I thought practice squad guys didn't travel with the team generally?

p/r I believe you are correct,,,i suppose they can take anyone to a game but unless the player is officially activated before the game, they are ineligible to play in that particular game....at least, that was the way it used to be...

bigsisterkistler said:

Congratulations Dan!!!! IMO he should have made the 53 as every time I watched him I thought he did very well and more than held his own.

Back