• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OT: missoula steakhouse

tojo70

Moving our daughter into the dorms this weekend. What's your advice for a good steak house in Missoula?

Downtown, you really only have the Depot, which is very good. Love the blackened prime rib there. Jaker's off of Brooks is a little less spendy and is a favorite of ours as well. Theres also a great one out in Lolo if you wanna take a drive.

Some of the locals would know better than me, but I've never had a bad steak at The Depot. Haven't been there for 5 years or so....hopefully you'll get some better insight from somebody in town.

OldtiredGRiz said:
Some of the locals would know better than me, but I've never had a bad steak at The Depot. Haven't been there for 5 years or so....hopefully you'll get some better insight from somebody in town.
Yeah the Depot is still phenomenal IMO. Great salad bar, service, beer selection and you have the dining room atmosphere or the deck. Can't go wrong there.

Go get a double hot pepper cheeseburger and a schooner at the Mo Club and be done with it.

Lolo Steak House. hands down the best cow in town. in lolo turn west at the light at the highway, its a 100 yards on the right. log building.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Lolo Steak House. hands down the best cow in town. in lolo turn west at the light at the highway, its a 100 yards on the right. log building.

+1

AZGrizFan said:
Go get a double hot pepper cheeseburger and a schooner at the Mo Club and be done with it.
+1 But for the steak go to the Depot, you will not regret it.

AZGrizFan said:

Ok. Everybody likes a good dive bar. The Mo Club takes "dive" to a new level. I am certainly no local but every time I go to Missoula I stay at the Double Tree across the river from campus and their steaks are good. Finn & Porter?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Depot is fine if you want close in, but Lolo is the best.

Be warned: I don't think the Lolo takes phone reservations (but it's been awhile and they may have changed more recently). If you go at a "popular" time, you may have to put in your name and wait. Last time we (four of us) went, we mostly finished a pitcher before our table was called. But it was worth it.

IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Depot is fine if you want close in, but Lolo is the best.

Be warned: I don't think the Lolo takes phone reservations (but it's been awhile and they may have changed more recently). If you go at a "popular" time, you may have to put in your name and wait. Last time we (four of us) went, we mostly finished a pitcher before our table was called. But it was worth it.

+1

AZGrizFan said:

One of my favorite hogging experiences in Missoula recently was Mo Club for lunch (yes, had a double)...take out Doublefront chicken and coleslaw for dinner...then back to the Mo Club later in the night for another double...of course there was room for plenty of beer to wash it all down

Shoot, it's been 15 years or so since I've been to the Lolo Steak House...better bump that up to top spot on my next Missoula tour.

OldtiredGRiz said:
AZGrizFan said:

One of my favorite hogging experiences in Missoula recently was Mo Club for lunch (yes, had a double)...take out Doublefront chicken and coleslaw for dinner...then back to the Mo Club later in the night for another double...of course there was room for plenty of beer to wash it all down

Shoot, it's been 15 years or so since I've been to the Lolo Steak House...better bump that up to top spot on my next Missoula tour.

Similar story: Double hot at Mo Club for lunch, Large Tower Pizza Special for dinner, then back to Mo Club for another double hot to finish off the night. Used to be I would work in a Hoagieville hogie in the mix somewhere, but that place has gone downhill something fierce.

I'm similar, Mo Club double for lunch. Double Front for dinner; Mo Club about 10:00pm; Pita Pit at 2:30 am as I stagger back toward the Holiday Inn.

EverettGriz said:
I'm similar, Mo Club double for lunch. Double Front for dinner; Mo Club about 10:00pm; Pita Pit at 2:30 am as I stagger back toward the Holiday Inn.

Depending on how much or little my head is pounding the next day, I like to head over to The Shack for breakfast....or if I'm up for driving, I'll head out to Ruby's instead; Shack is probably better, but I just like Ruby's.

NorthEndZoneDan said:

And the best part is you don't have to listen to all of Guys hunting stories anymore when you are trying to enjoy your medium rare.

Back