• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brock Coyle looks like a "lock" for the Seahawks

BWahlberg

DONOR
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaysonJenks/status/503989063549222913[/tweet]

An injury to Wagner presented the early opportunity for Brock and now it seems the injury to Farwell will probably seal the deal for him. Hopefully he finished this last week of pre-season strong and lands on the final roster.

Fricking Cool !!!

I love to remind my Shi##y Kitty friends, "Yeah, ya know Brock and The Weyer Brothers are

" B O Z E M A N G R I Z Z L I E S !!!"

I think Brock will make GRIZ and/or Seahawk fans proud !!!

signedbewildered said:
griz71 said:
I believe BC was going to make it even without the Farwell injury. :)
^^^ This. Great kid, super values, hard worker, extremely determined.

Defensive Play Maker! Remember the fumbles he created last year? Sorry cat fans....

Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:
griz71 said:

Defensive Play Maker! Remember the fumbles he created last year? Sorry cat fans....

HOW DO YOU NOT ADD "STRONG FAMILY?" Good Lord, you're insensitive.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:
griz71 said:

HOW DO YOU NOT ADD "STRONG FAMILY." Good Lord, you're insensitive.

:lol: It's no excuse but I've been drinking...

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-hawkmail/NFL-Kickoff-Week/2cf34bbd-b1a2-48f0-8d3b-fac681081a2f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the top of the page linked, there's a poll asking fans which rookie has impressed the most this preseason. The choices are Brock, Justin Britt, Paul Richardson, and Cassius Marsh.

Brock is a runaway at this point with 50% of the votes. 2nd place has 20%. Over 1400 votes have been cast.

BWahlberg said:

An injury to Wagner presented the early opportunity for Brock and now it seems the injury to Farwell will probably seal the deal for him. Hopefully he finished this last week of pre-season strong and lands on the final roster.

I'm not that familiar with the way the NFL works their pay schedule, being I'm a NCAA (Griz) fan above and beyond the NFL, but even if a player gets drafted, signs as a free agent, etc., do those type of contracts preclude actual payment unless a player makes the final 53?

WyomingGrizFan said:
I'm not that familiar with the way the NFL works their pay schedule, being I'm a NCAA (Griz) fan above and beyond the NFL, but even if a player gets drafted, signs as a free agent, etc., do those type of contracts preclude actual payment unless a player makes the final 53?

I believe that players get paid for the time they're with the team, so if an undrafted free agent gets signed, is at training camp for a couple of weeks, then gets cut, he would still get two weeks' pay. Some of these undrafted rookies get a signing bonus (anywhere from $1000-$10,000 give or take), which depends on how in-demand they are. They don't make much during training camp, but if they make the final roster, they get the league minimum contract, which is upwards of $400,000/year.

WyomingGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Contracts become guaranteed each year with the cut to 53 (being on the roster week 1). If a player is signed after the first week, contracts are prorated.

Back