• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can I view this game on DISH anywhere?

Wyoming is reportedly paying UM $400,000 to play in Laramie. The Griz were given 2,000 tickets to sell but turned back 1,000, according to the Wyoming Tribune-Eagle newspaper. That means 2,400 tickets were still available as of Tuesday afternoon ... Wyoming went 5-7 using a spread offense last season ... The game can be seen on Direct TV channels 687 (ROOT Sports Northwest) and 683 (ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain) and Dish channels 426 (ROOT Sports Northwest) and 414 ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain). For cable channels check local listings ... The Mountain West Network will simulcast the ROOT production. The live stream will be available for free for viewers outside the ROOT footprint at http://www.themw.com/#!/watch-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

NO, Dish offers Root sports, but you have to purchase the sports package. RootNW on Dish is channel 426 and RootRM is 414. But if you have Dish' most basic package, I doubt those channels are included.

What, precisely, IS the "Root Footprint?"

I can watch the game on my DisnNetwork Channel 426, but would rather stream from my laptop.

Since the game is broadcast on the Mountain West Network, I wonder if Missoula is included in that "blackout" footprint.

Anyone have an educated guess?

I can also watch it on Channel 426 on the Dish Network.

Smellingsons said:
it is my understanding that Roots Sports Networks are owned by DirectTV, so i think you are out of luck on Dish.

The above quote is not based on fact. I have watched Root Sports on Dish for years. It really depends on your viewing package with Dish. I do understand that Root Sports has different regional areas for their broadcasting and if you live east of Montana you may not be able to get it.

No, as UM announced today, you WILL be able to stream this game live this weekend. Journal, can I ask exactly why you don't want to watch the game on Root? The Root broadcast is as high quality as Montana as have ever had, outside of the playoff appearances on ESPN and ESPN2. I'm just curious as to why someone wouldn't want to watch the absolute best quality coverage you can get as it pertains to Grizzly football.

Thanks for all your responses to my post. I only have the base DISH package which does not seem to include the sports package. So...I'm heading to the nearest sports bar in Kalispell on Saturday. Go GRIZ.

Response to Havgrizfan: I realize that Root Sports on a high-def tv is quality. BUT...

1. I have an eye condition (kerataconus w/peripheral vision issues) and have found that watching from my office computer (with a hi-def 28" screen up close) suits me well. My computer is not linked to my tv-direct-line-dish feed.

2.Stumbled onto this last year, when I accidentally got hooked up to NBA League Pass Broadband... a state-of-the-art service that allows me incredible versatility in following hoops action up close. Love being close to the action where I can see details.

So, now I really prefer watching sports on my computer... "up close," recognizing that the quality might be technically a bit inferior, but which... since I can sit closer is negated... but is otherwise far superior in access, convenience and versatility (can stop action & replay great plays while the stream continues). Enjoyed late season Seahawks games with this feature as well (a bit pricey).

A convenience bonus: don't have to schedule use of the tv with others in the family who don't like sports (mainly an issue with evening viewing).

Roots Sports Networks are owned by DirectTV

Root Sports is owned by the Seattle Mariners.

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/04/16/mariners-buy-controlling-stake-in-root-sports/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it's available on pretty much any cable or sat system if you pay for the extended sports package. Or, in any half way decent sports bar.

grizzlyjournal said:
What, precisely, IS the "Root Footprint?"

I can watch the game on my DisnNetwork Channel 426, but would rather stream from my laptop.

Since the game is broadcast on the Mountain West Network, I wonder if Missoula is included in that "blackout" footprint.

Anyone have an educated guess?

Although I'm not 100% sure, I think the footprint is defined by availability on cable tv. So, that would limit the footprint to the Northwest, Colorado area and Pittsburgh. However, if DISH or DirecTV are considered part of the footprint, then the game will not be streamed in the United States. Given that I pay for the sports package on DirecTV, I have three channels showing this game.

Back