• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Notes - Depth Chart/Travel Squad

PlayerRep

Henderson or Janssen listed at one starting receiver.

Burke or Rogers listed as backup to another receiver.

Ralston at one TE, Sprunk at backup TE

Saylor at other TE, Horner at backup

No surprises at o-line.

Rehm listed as starter at d-tackle.

All 3 kickers listed as "OR", with Greenberg listed first. Held at snapper, 6'1', 193.

Jones and Nguyen at returners, with Henderson as backup.

Didn't notice any surprises on defense.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mont/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20140801aaa.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AZGrizFan said:
Amazes me that we're going with a snapper who weighs under 200 pounds.

With that name and size, he would seem to be a natural holder. At least, he's wears no. 50. Hopefully, the number will scare the opposition. Good thing the rules on beating up the snapper have changed over the years. Maybe he's fast enough to be the 3d/middle "gunner".

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Amazes me that we're going with a snapper who weighs under 200 pounds.

With that name and size, he would seem to be a natural holder. At least, he's wears no. 50. Hopefully, the number will scare the opposition. Good thing the rules on beating up the snapper have changed over the years. Maybe he's fast enough to be the 3d/middle "gunner".

Exactly, with snapper protection rules now, it does not make sense for a special teams unit to rush the center. The center position is now a job commonly filled with players who can tackle and have more speed.

Held is Holding.

Held is the long snapper.

Help Held and be still while he is holding. Yell like hell after the snap and give Held the help he needs to slip by defenders. I love it when Held is in on the tackle. The announcer stutters then mentions Held....sounds like #50 was Held.

Back