• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

University of Where ever Cowboys

SaskGriz

DONOR
Not a single Cowboy player from the state of Wyoming on their 2 deep chart. Does this count as a Wyoming home game? LOL

apologies if this has already been mentioned.

But apparently they recruit Europe pretty well, two players from Germany, one from Sweden...

They only have 10 kids from Wyoming on their whole roster of 108... 9% of the team.

BWahlberg said:
But apparently they recruit Europe pretty well, two players from Germany, one from Sweden...

They only have 10 kids from Wyoming on their whole roster of 108... 9% of the team.

Well isn't there less people in the state of Wyoming? Maybe that factors in?

statler & waldorf said:
Something to consider in the 'move up' argument. Apparently they are Wyoming in name only. Montana would be no different.

Totally irrelevant: The number of home grown players will be of zero importance in any UM decision to move up or stay put . UW's Huskies team has waaay more Californians than Washingtonians on its 2014 roster (more than 50 by last count) What conclusion do you draw from that? Washington has a population of 7 million - Wyoming fewer than 600,000. The Cowboys were lucky to find even the 10 homies who landed a spot on this year's roster. Year in and year out the Griz roster tells a similar story. That's hardly a surprise to most folks!

Silvertip said:
statler & waldorf said:
Something to consider in the 'move up' argument. Apparently they are Wyoming in name only. Montana would be no different.

Totally irrelevant: The number of home grown players will be of zero importance in any UM decision to move up or stay put . UW's Huskies team has waaay more Californians than Washingtonians on its 2014 roster (more than 50 by last count) What conclusion do you draw from that? Washington has a population of 7 million - Wyoming fewer than 600,000. The Cowboys were lucky to find even the 10 homies who landed a spot on this year's roster. Year in and year out the Griz roster tells a similar story. That's hardly a surprise to most folks!
Not necessarily. Here's a breakdown of players by state. As you can see Montanans almost double the Californians which has the second most.

For the Montanans I also broke them down by city. I love to see Missoula leading the way. It wasn't too long ago you would be very hard pressed to find more then one or two on the roster.

"Montana" Griz-36
QB-Shay Smithwick Hann-Kal
QB-Brady Gustufson-Bil
QB-Will Weyer-Boz
RB-Carl Johnson-Har
FB-Riley Kack-Boz
WR-Ryan Burke-Bil
WR-Kevin Berland-Msla
WR-Joshua Jannsen-Msla
WR-Nico Graham-Msla
WR-Austin Carver-Dill
WR-Sean Foley-Wtfsh
WR-Tristan Clark-DL
TE-Josh Horner-GF
G-Ben Weyer-Boz
T-John Schmaing-Bil
T-Jackson Theibes-Kal
T-Clint LaRowe-Mls Cty
DT-Caleb Kidder-Hel
DT-Trevor Rehm-Dill
DT-Zach Peevey-Msla
DT-Bo Harris-Frfld
DT-Nate Bradley-Bil
DT-Ben D'Alton-Bil
DE-Zack Waggenmann-Msla
DE-Derek Crittenden-Wtfsh
DE-Kole Swartz-Msla
DE-Aschan Richards-But
LB-Tucker Schye-Malt
LB-Conner Lebsock-Bil
LB-Alex Thomas-GF
LB-Shane Cochran-Clbrtsn
LB-Dulan Stenseth-Lwstn
LB-Tyler Richtmyer-Msla
LB-Keenan Watt-GF
S-Jake Dallaserra-But
S-Evan Epperly-Kal
S-Mick Delaney-Boz
Missoula-7
Billings-6
Bozeman-4
Kalispell-3
Great Falls-3
Dillon-2
Whitefish-2
Helena-1
Butte-1
Deer Lodge-1
Lewistown-1
Hardin-1
Miles City-1
Fairfeild-1
Malta-1
Culbertson-1

California-20
RB-Jordan Canada
RB-Travon Van
RB- Lorenzo Logwood
FB-Jamal Wilson
WR-Sean Haynes
TE-Jermaine Jones
G-Jered Clark
DT-Kyle Davis
LB-Jerimiah Kose
LB-Herbert Gamboa
LB-Milan Marrero
CB-Nate Harris
CB-JR Nelson
CB-Chris Taylor
S-Justin Whitted
S-Erik Johnson
S-Jamal Anderson
S-Jake Mann
P-Stephen Shaw
LS-Aaron Held

Washington-18
RB-John Nguyen
WR-Jamal Jones
WR-Chase Naccarato
WR-Reese Carlson
WR-Caleb Lyons
TE-Mitch Saylor
C-Robert Luke
G-Devon Deitrich
T-Trevor Poole
T-Max Kelly
DE-Addison Owen
DE-Ryan Johnson
DE-Evan Miksch
LB-Kendrick Van Ackeren
LB-Zack Vis
CB-Marquin Russel
K-Chris Lider
K-Daniel Sullivan

Oregon-11
QB-Jordan Johnson
WR-Ellis Hendwrson
WR-Taylor Walcott
TE-Mike Ralston
TE-Cooper Sprunk
T-David Reese
T-Colin McGillervray
DE-Tyrone Holmes
LB-Conner Strahm
S-Manu Rasmussen
K-Harrison Greenberg

Arizona-6
RB-Joey Counts
RB-Treshawn Favors
C-Logan Hines
G-Jordan Hines
CB-Joshua Denard
CB-Ryan McKinley

Idaho-4
QB-Makena Simis
FB-Austin Chadderdon
TE-Reggie Tillman
LB-Josh Buss

South Dakota-2
CB-Chris Parker
S-Matt Hermanson

Nevada-2
DE-Even Defer
CB-Tyrel Garner

Indiana-1
WR-Marq Rogers

Colorado-1
CB-Shane Moody

Minnesota-1
DE-Nick Mertes

Iowa-1
G-McCauley Todd

Utah-1
T-Cameron Rochick

Hawaii-1
DT-Tonga Takai

I don't have the count but someone else must......# of Montana HS kids that have or are playing in the NFL in past 10 years vs. # of Wyoming HS kids. MT population of about 1 million vs. Wyoming's 600,000 (if that's it)........10 to 6 (or 5 to 3) would be what you'd expect based on population alone. I'm thinking MT has a much higher ratio than that but may be wrong too.

Do Wyoming's FBS recruiting practices not give enough opportunities for local HS kids to develop and compete at the college level? Kroy Biermann an example....think he was a pretty well thought of athlete coming to UM but probably never hit radar of Wyoming.

Would UM have recruited Biermann, Anderson, Schillinger, Reynolds if it had been D1 when those kids were finishing up HS?

Someone got some numbers for us?

Mousegriz said:
Would UM have recruited Biermann, Anderson, Schillinger, Reynolds if it had been D1 when those kids were finishing up HS?

I hope I'm reading your question wrong. UM was D1 they recruited them. Are you of the impression that Montana was D2 until recently?

Mousegriz said:
I don't have the count but someone else must......# of Montana HS kids that have or are playing in the NFL in past 10 years vs. # of Wyoming HS kids. MT population of about 1 million vs. Wyoming's 600,000 (if that's it)........10 to 6 (or 5 to 3) would be what you'd expect based on population alone. I'm thinking MT has a much higher ratio than that but may be wrong too.

Do Wyoming's FBS recruiting practices not give enough opportunities for local HS kids to develop and compete at the college level? Kroy Biermann an example....think he was a pretty well thought of athlete coming to UM but probably never hit radar of Wyoming.

From a real quick search. Somebody might be missing.

Wyo
Zane Beadles G/T '10-present
Brett Keisel DE '02-present

Mont
Jordan Tripp LB '14-present
Brock Coyle LB '14-present
Kroy Beirmann DE '08-present
Colt Anderson S '09-present
Marc Mariani WR '10-present
Dan Carpenter K '08-present
Dwan Edwards DT(Ore St)'04-present
Dane Fletcher LB '10-present

alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Poehls OT Tennessee

alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Chris Prosinski from Buffalo
John Wendling from Rock Springs

argrizfan said:
Mousegriz said:

I hope I'm reading your question wrong. UM was D1 they recruited them. Are you of the impression that Montana was D2 until recently?

Drives me nuts when someone says Montana isn't D1. Wake the fuck up!!!!!!

MrTitleist said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Brock Osweiler from Kalispell

Silvertip said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Poehls OT Tennessee
Born and raised in Chandler Ar

Hammer said:
argrizfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Drives me nuts when someone says Montana isn't D1. Wake the f*** up!!!!!!
I'm surrounded by em.

Fahque said:
MrTitleist said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Brock Osweiler from Kalispell
Damn outta date Wikipedia!

MrTitleist said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Mousegriz said:

Wyo

Mont

Brock Osweilier from Kalispel

edit: nvm. Faque beat me to it.

Hammer said:
argrizfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Drives me nuts when someone says Montana isn't D1. Wake the f*** up!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back