• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

henderson, jones, van

Status
Not open for further replies.

argh!

DONOR
the griz have three great receiving threats. do they have a qb who can get them the ball when there is a little wind around? i've heard the third stringer has a strong arm (?)

argh! said:
the griz have three great receiving threats. do they have a qb who can get them the ball when there is a little wind around? i've heard the third stringer has a strong arm (?)
Henderson is great. #6 and #8 are very good. If Ellis gets back to health expect the "O" to get back on track... :egriz:

argh! said:

If the starter goes down, generally the second-stringer comes in. I thought you were better at math.

'68griz said:
argh! said:
he's had two in a row, when expectations were high.
No, just one. The CC game loss was NOT his fault.

JJ threw for 388 in the CC game, his highest passing yardage game of the season (and his career). The offense produced 557 yards, the 3d highest of the season. JJ's completions were the 2d highest of the season. His 4 passing TD's were the 2d highest of the season. He threw his longest pass of the season (and his career).

Yup, throwing for a career high number of yards is pretty bad, isn't it.

I would love to see JJ have a "bad" game like CC in every single game this year. Averaging 388 yards per game last year would have ranked him first in FCS.

Are some of these posters just stupid, or are they trying to be stupid, or what is it? Maybe they are just looking for attention, and being stupid on the internet is the only way they can get any attention.

johnson was 24 -48 (50%) against cc, with numerous important misfires. much of his yardage came when the griz were well behind. after the game even he said he didn't play well. maybe you ought to pull your head out long enough to really analyze the numbers and events, greenie?

remember the glove, greenie? remember this from the missoulian?

“You just have to play with the elements and I wasn’t good enough to do that today,” the junior said."

JJ is always at his best when we're in the "hurry up" offense. That pattern became clear early last season. Don't know how far the coaches can take it but I'd love to see us go to the up tempo stuff a lot more often.

That hurry up offense would be perfect for a two-minute drill, and could have been effective on our last possession of the game on Saturday. We saw that hurry up offense work perfectly as a two-minute drill last season against Cal Poly after the blocked kick when we went down the field to score a touchdown and force overtime.

playing at a faster pace might help the young ol physically, as they haven't maximized their size/strength yet, so need to rely on the hope that they have an overall cardiovascular fitness edge on their opponents.

as an aside, i note that greenie has disappeared from the trenches of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back