• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ellis

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Not sure how it came across on TV, but Ellis Henderson looked solid, fast, quick, and ready to go in person at the WY game. Many felt he wouldn't play at all or only be a shadow of his former self....I don't think Ellis feels that way. Did he look solid on TV? Maybe I missed some routes that were poor or missed blocks or things you pick up on TV better. But I am very happy he was suited up and looked darn good.

He looked much better than I expected. I was elated he made some clutch 3rd down grabs. As I posted in another thread, he needs to get back into football shape. We need his presence on the field as often as possible. Rather the ball is going to him or not, his presence makes the offense better. Defenses have no choice but to make sure they account for him. I am encouraged by what we did see of him.

Ellis looked pretty good, made one bad decision that probably is on account of shaking off some rust - there was a WR screen to him and he opted not to follow his blockers and get a 1st but to head to the sideline. Can't recall, that might've been the Ralston TD drive so it wound up not mattering, just seemed a little out of sorts for our best WR who 9 times out of 10 would identify where to go and attack it. Not worried about it, as he works his way back he'll improve every game.

I did have some word from someone close to his family on his whole issue. The interesting thing was that his diagnosis wasn't made until late July - right before fall camp. The good news is that he's on track to recovery now that they know what the issue is. The coaches and trainers are on board with what needs to be done and working with Ellis to get him back to full speed.

What I was told to expect was a September where he's day to day and works his way back. Gets some weight/strength back and returns back to his normal self. I'd bet the Wyo game is a preview of what we should expect from Ellis for the next few weeks still. Spot duty but not full time yet.

Ellis was wide open for a touchdown on one play where JJ threw it to Van in double coverage instead. It was great to see him on the field.

Thanks for feedback fellas. I thought he looked solid. He's only going to get better and that is good news for us!

BWahlberg said:
Ellis looked pretty good, made one bad decision that probably is on account of shaking off some rust - there was a WR screen to him and he opted not to follow his blockers and get a 1st but to head to the sideline. Can't recall, that might've been the Ralston TD drive so it wound up not mattering, just seemed a little out of sorts for our best WR who 9 times out of 10 would identify where to go and attack it. Not worried about it, as he works his way back he'll improve every game.

I did have some word from someone close to his family on his whole issue. The interesting thing was that his diagnosis wasn't made until late July - right before fall camp. The good news is that he's on track to recovery now that they know what the issue is. The coaches and trainers are on board with what needs to be done and working with Ellis to get him back to full speed.

What I was told to expect was a September where he's day to day and works his way back. Gets some weight/strength back and returns back to his normal self. I'd bet the Wyo game is a preview of what we should expect from Ellis for the next few weeks still. Spot duty but not full time yet.

Now thats what I wanted to hear. This is our best player. Finding ways to get him the skin in space should be a priority. Seems to be on track for getting him back to full speed for conference championship & playoff run. Glad to get some clarification thanks Brint. :thumb:

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
BWahlberg said:

Now thats what I wanted to hear. This is our best player. Finding ways to get him the skin in space should be a priority. Seems to be on track for getting him back to full speed for conference championship & playoff run. Glad to get some clarification thanks Brint. :thumb:

You bet, with the bad news on Schmaing and Poole before the season I'm really happy we will hopefully see Ellis back to near full strength soon.

AllWeatherFan said:
Ellis was wide open for a touchdown on one play where JJ threw it to Van in double coverage instead. It was great to see him on the field.
Several plays JJ and Hendo were not on the same page. I am sure that the more practices they have together, the more dangerous their combination will become.
It is great to have #7 on the football field!
Go Griz!

Back