• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game day Experience

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
First, I would like to say that everyone we met on our trip to Laramie were very gracious and great people to visit with. Thank you for being first class fans of Wyoming football!
With that said, the total game day experience in WYO was lacking when compared to a game day at WGS and it really is not even very close. The crowd is not very loud, even before a really important defensive play or when Wyoming blocked our punt. The group I was with commented how quiet the place was several times. I am commenting about this during the first half play as the second half the place almost was deserted after the second lightning delay.
We have a great game day experience at Washington Grizzly and it becomes even more obvious after traveling to a larger conference venue.

I couldn't agree more. Great people and very welcoming. Nice field, seating, and stadium structure. Awful sound system... Couldn't hear a thing. The concessions and bathrooms felt like a dungeon area and took FOREVER. Even just leaving your seat to head out at halftime or to grab a drink took FOREVER. I mentioned to my folks how great we have it at Wa-Griz and how much we take it for granted. Our game day experience blows theirs out of the water.

I was shocked to see Wyoming's fans were so quiet. Even from the first snap of the game with the Griz on offense, they made no noise. Being the first time I've gone to an FBS environment for a game, it really made me realize how lucky we are to have the loud, passionate fanbase that we have. It makes more sense now why so many visiting fans are in awe of WA-Grizzly's atmosphere. I hope we never lose that.

The fans there were great! Didn't buy a single beer after the game. I wish we could return the favor, as I'd love to have Wyoming come play in Missoula. Hopefully someday...

get'em_griz said:
I was shocked to see Wyoming's fans were so quiet. Even from the first snap of the game with the Griz on offense, they made no noise. Being the first time I've gone to an FBS environment for a game, it really made me realize how lucky we are to have the loud, passionate fanbase that we have. It makes more sense now why so many visiting fans are in awe of WA-Grizzly's atmosphere. I hope we never lose that.

The fans there were great! Didn't buy a single beer after the game. I wish we could return the favor, as I'd love to have Wyoming come play in Missoula. Hopefully someday...

+1,000,000

ok Griz fans in section 224, do ya hear what we are talkin about???? Don't bitch at me when I am standing in an upright position, blocking your butt planted view ! Stand up and make noise! This is Wash-Griz stadium, as far as I am concerned, there should not BE ANY seats...except for those who can not stand, period. GO GRIZ !!!

In all fairness the acoustics of the open ended Wyoming stadium don't really work well in trapping sound and magnifying it like in a totally enclosed Wa-Griz, which also has a much smaller overall field area. It's also a lot further distance looking across War Memorial Stadium which helps in eating up any effort to magnify the sound of the crowd. Their sideline markers have to be almost three times further from the first row of seats than ours.

...and I really liked their band.

Just got home and watched the game, it sounded way louder on tv than it did in person. You could hear them a little on third down but not what I would call loud. Also at times in the second half you could hear our fans just as loud which is great because they outnumbered us by quite a bit. Thanks to the guy behind us for the Fireball, tasted wonderful. I will second the PA system, I couldn't hear anything they said the whole game.

Not sure how you guys couldn't hear the PA.. I was in the press box and heard every word he said on the PA.

I was amazed at how large and unattractive the Wyoming women were. The preferred attire for Wyoming women seemed to be very tight and very short shorts with cowboy boots. I'm all in favor of women in tight shorty shorts but not when they are bigger than our D linemen. :eek:

I would've guessed before the game that UM's atmosphere smokes Wyo's...
Montana's "FCS" atmosphere is F**kin' B.A. for any division.

Richard Cranium said:
I was amazed at how large and unattractive the Wyoming women were. The preferred attire for Wyoming women seemed to be very tight and very short shorts with cowboy boots. I'm all in favor of women in tight shorty shorts but not when they are bigger than our D linemen. :eek:

I don't know where you were sitting, but there were some great-looking Wyoming women over in the student section! :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
Richard Cranium said:

I don't know where you were sitting, but there were some great-looking Wyoming women over in the student section! :thumb:

Man I have to disagree there me and my brother were commenting all weekend on the hotties down there.

Hammer said:
get'em_griz said:
Richard Cranium said:

Man I have to disagree there me and my brother were commenting all weekend on the hotties down there.

Well, obviously my idea of HOT and your ideas of HOT are way different.

Richard Cranium said:
Hammer said:
get'em_griz said:
Richard Cranium said:

Well, obviously my idea of HOT and your ideas of HOT are way different.

You should have seen our waitress at Roxies Saturday night! OMG! :shock:

Wyoming fans were great except for one douche who tried to cut in front of a couple of us patiently waiting to use the 2 urinals under the stadium.... I had my young son with me and the Griz fan in front of me had two young kids.... anyway I digress, all the waitstaff & fans were friendly & accomodating.... plenty of eye candy too!

FDub, great meeting you Sat night.

And yeah, I don't know where Cranium was hanging out, but I saw plenty of talent.

Back