• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Fan Cockiness

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Perused Bisonville (first and definitely LAST time I'll make that mistake) to see how they felt prior to the Weber State game....these were some of the score predictions:

...not close by halftime...
44-10
42-7
...Bison roll this team...
49-10
38-10
40-0
45-10
38-3 snoozer
42-10
42-10
35-0
45-10
...we'll probably win by 40...
...watching Weber warm up...they don't have a clue what they're going up against...

and it went on and on and on prior to kickoff.

Though tough to find, there were a few voices of reason pre-kickoff:

BisonFan02: "Anybody besides me at least a little bit nervous for this game?"
marenlee: "Does anybody else feel we haven't seen enough of this team to be completely sold?"

By page 18 of the thread however, when it became obvious this wasn't going to be a walkover there are comments like:

"u-g-l-y"
"Weber State ain't rollin' over"
"Now I'm starting to freak out. We gotta get our crap together"
"This is embarrassing"
"Not Bison football"
"well, fuck"
"toe to toe"

Follow that less than stellar performance with a 58-0 waxing of the 2nd easiest team in the FCS and suddenly they're world beaters again. They learned nothing from the Weber State experience and are right back to their self righteous, assholish, cocky selves.

Can't remember the last time I wanted the Griz to beat a team so badly. The vast majority of the people posting on their board appear to be complete douches.

AZGrizFan said:
Can't remember the last time I wanted the Griz to beat a team so badly. The vast majority of the people posting on their board appear to be complete douches.

Rumor has it that they are wife beaters too, and known to hit their children with sticks!!!!!

Nasty lot if true. :ugeek:

WaGriz4life said:
To be fair, if we won 3 straight National Titles, I can't even begin to imagine how bad our board would be...

WaGriz, congrats on reaching 3,000 posts!

As to if the Griz won 3 in a row...
The NSA, CIA, FBI, FCC, SEC, BLM, and Homeland Security would be in here in a heart beat to shut this place down. Picture a heavily armed swat team tackling Chris to the payment outside Reds. That would be just the start. :ugeek:

WaGriz4life said:
To be fair, if we won 3 straight National Titles, I can't even begin to imagine how bad our board would be...

True. Bad enough now. Just look at the prediction thread and you get a whiff of how out of touch Griz fans can be, with 20-30 point win predictions. I want a win in Fargo as much as anyone, but I live in reality.

BigSkyBears said:
Griz fans are just the same.

To be fair both statements are exaggerations. Bison and Griz and Cat and Bear and...all message boards have fans who are very prone to hyperbole and delusions of grandeur when they can post anonymously.

AZGrizFan said:
Perused Bisonville (first and definitely LAST time I'll make that mistake) to see how they felt prior to the Weber State game....these were some of the score predictions:

...not close by halftime...
44-10
42-7
...Bison roll this team...
49-10
38-10
40-0
45-10
38-3 snoozer
42-10
42-10
35-0
45-10
...we'll probably win by 40...
...watching Weber warm up...they don't have a clue what they're going up against...

and it went on and on and on prior to kickoff.

Though tough to find, there were a few voices of reason pre-kickoff:

BisonFan02: "Anybody besides me at least a little bit nervous for this game?"
marenlee: "Does anybody else feel we haven't seen enough of this team to be completely sold?"

By page 18 of the thread however, when it became obvious this wasn't going to be a walkover there are comments like:

"u-g-l-y"
"Weber State ain't rollin' over"
"Now I'm starting to freak out. We gotta get our crap together"
"This is embarrassing"
"Not Bison football"
"well, f***"
"toe to toe"

Follow that less than stellar performance with a 58-0 waxing of the 2nd easiest team in the FCS and suddenly they're world beaters again. They learned nothing from the Weber State experience and are right back to their self righteous, assholish, cocky selves.

I think this game just needs to be played. It'll benefit both Message Boards immensely!

If I had a dollar for every time a fan from another team judges a fanbase on message board banter... Whoever doesn't realize Bison and Griz fanbases are very very similar might want to do some self reflection.

WaGriz4life said:

That goes without saying, but it also reminds me that we had teams from 07-09 that were more than capable of pulling off a 3-peat. What the hell happened?? :cry:

Who cares? Like it or not, their team has earned the right for their fans to be cocky! God knows how cocky some of our GRIZ fans will get when we beat them. Hell, some of us are over cocky and we have not won a National Championship since 2001.

If NDSU wins, their cockiness continues on until someone beats them. Even when someone does beat them, someone still has to takeover as National Champions. Barring some unforeseen losing streak by NDSU, their cockiness will live on until this year's National Champion is crowned.

I think us GRIZ fans should just focus on our own team.

Htowngriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

That goes without saying, but it also reminds me that we had teams from 07-09 that were more than capable of pulling off a 3-peat. What the hell happened?? :cry:
Hauck's arrogance and stubbornness

Htowngriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

'07 - The damn Wofford triple option... :cry:
'08 - Didn't show up to play title game... :cry:
'09 - That damn Matt Szczur... :cry:

get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Phenicie and Paulsen, enough said. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

That is it right there in a nutshell. :lol:

mtgrizrule said:
get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:
WaGriz4life said:

Wait!!!.....are you complaining about Griz coaching? That's a new one. Never heard that before.

ordigger said:
mtgrizrule said:
get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:

Wait!!!.....are you complaining about Griz coaching? That's a new one. Never heard that before.
Well it certainly wasn't a talent issue. NDSU would of had 7 straight NCs with those players from 2007-2010

Brock Landers said:
ordigger said:
mtgrizrule said:
get'em_griz said:

Well it certainly wasn't a talent issue. NDSU would of had 7 straight NCs with those players from 2007-2010

And just like this year, we have the talent to win a National Championship.

Back