• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kicking Question re: Sullivan

GrizGuy

I see that our transfer, Mr. Sullivan will be place-kicker this week. Does anybody know if he'll be doing ALL the kicking, or just kickoffs/punts? Seems to me that the Griz have little to lose by putting him in for fieldgoals, too. I have high hopes for him suddenly being the guy who solves this issue for us.

Go Griz!

Yukon said:
I read some place that he will do it all.

Please share a link if you happen to have one, I'd love to see it.. I really hope that's true, regardless. I dunno why, but after reading a bio piece on the kid earlier this year, I really am rooting for him.

GrizGuy said:
Yukon said:

Please share a link if you happen to have one, I'd love to see it.. I really hope that's true, regardless. I dunno why, but after reading a bio piece on the kid earlier this year, I really am rooting for him.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...tball-montana-meets-north-dakota-st/15918589/

The kicking game, however, has been unreliable. Dan Sullivan will get the nod today at kicker after fellow kickers Harrison Greenberg and Chris Lider combined on an 0-for-3 performance kicking field goals last weekend. Sullivan punched home an extra point against South Dakota. The junior transfer (from Wyoming) has never kicked a field goal for the Griz.

Yukon said:
GrizGuy said:
Yukon said:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...tball-montana-meets-north-dakota-st/15918589/

The kicking game, however, has been unreliable. Dan Sullivan will get the nod today at kicker after fellow kickers Harrison Greenberg and Chris Lider combined on an 0-for-3 performance kicking field goals last weekend. Sullivan punched home an extra point against South Dakota. The junior transfer (from Wyoming) has never kicked a field goal for the Griz.

I can't believe that in 3 games played, Sullivan hasn't been given a chance to kick a field goal. :roll:

GrizGuy said:
I see that our transfer, Mr. Sullivan will be place-kicker this week. Does anybody know if he'll be doing ALL the kicking, or just kickoffs/punts? Seems to me that the Griz have little to lose by putting him in for fieldgoals, too. I have high hopes for him suddenly being the guy who solves this issue for us.

Go Griz!

Punts?

mtgrizrule said:
I have faith Sullivan will have a good game.
Agree; I think it's his to lose. Mick on this week's press conference said they used the OCC games to get a good game look at all three and this week was Sullivan's turn. He said starting next week they would choose one and stick with him for the BSC schedule. A good game from Sullivan and he should be a lock, seeing what the other two did with their chances.

As the season has gone thus far, if he can make ONE field goal today he's probably a lock. :lol:

grizindabox said:
GrizGuy said:

Go Griz!

Punts?

Beat me to it. I was up in the hills last week. Did I miss something?

I know Shaw has been kinda slow gettin the ball off. Several blocked but when he does get a hold of it with his foot, it's gone!

griz traveled all 3 kickers and only 6 receivers including Berland and true frosh Reece Carlson also no Marq Rogers!

signedbewildered said:
grizindabox said:
GrizGuy said:

Go Griz!

Punts?

Beat me to it. I was up in the hills last week. Did I miss something?

Sorry, folks, I wasn't implying Shaw wouldn't, just didn't think to differentiate.

I like how he starts his approach to the ball as its being snapped and not waiting til its down...who coaches these guys? Lider is a block waiting to happen he's so sloooooowwww. I thought Sully looked good

Back