• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Measuring stick game

grizfan47

DONOR
I think this game will be a much better gauge as to where the griz are nationally then any other game we play. We know all we need to know about the bison. Are we a national contender or only a big sky contender? We'll know in a few short hours. Go Griz!

This is what we are looking for! It is rare for these early season games to provide a meaningful measure. So it is especially sweet to have the Appalachian State, No Dakota St, and McNeese series scheduled. Hope they continue to book these type of games into future schedules.

I agree, regardless of the outcome, we can have some bright spots to come home with:
1) Kick some field goals.
2) Establish a consistent run offense against a stout defense.
3) Create turnovers.
4) Keep JJ from taking a beating.
5) Score points in the second half (no one else has done this against this team this year).

If we can do these against a strong NDSU team, our future is very bright!

NDSU coach would agree. Montana is clearly a Big sky contender, #3 at worst. But in the MVC where would we fit in. And then how many bis should the MVC get vs the big sky?

hardycreek1 said:
I agree, regardless of the outcome, we can have some bright spots to come home with:
1) Kick some field goals.
2) Establish a consistent run offense against a stout defense.
3) Create turnovers.
4) Keep JJ from taking a beating.
5) Score points in the second half (no one else has done this against this team this year).

If we can do these against a strong NDSU team, our future is very bright!

Well, one out of five ain't bad. :oops:

Losing by 12 to the 3 time defending champ in their house isn't a terrible place to be. This O-line has 2 months to get better before the playoffs. I like where we are headed.

Great job by the defense, but the offense needs to form an identity. Hopefully, the line will continue to gel as the year progresses because JJ is taking way to many hits every game.

Back