• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Confused Question

fltheadgriz

I thought that there was no replays or going up to the box for the refs to see if they got the call correct in FCS (except for the playoffs) or is there?
If there isn't why did they do it twice in the NDSU game?

fltheadgriz said:
I thought that there was no replays or going up to the box for the refs to see if they got the call correct in FCS (except for the playoffs) or is there?
If there isn't why did they do it twice in the NDSU game?
It's up to the school/conference. If video is available, replay is permitted. The MVFC has decided to use replay this year for all conference games. There were only a couple Valley schools that weren't televising games already(webcasting at least), so I think the conference is kicking in a few bucks to get cameras at the rest of the conference games.

I suspect Montana signed off on allowing it to be used for a non-conference game.

Video replay relies on TV production being present at every conference game for it to be done with less cost to the conference... Big Sky sadly is not there just yet.

They should just allow the schools who have TV production to use instant replay, and let those other schools who don't have tv to choose whether or not they want to have replay themselves.

Back