• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

noisemakers at wa griz

cburkhardt

Why are we not allowed to use noisemakers at was Griz but bobcats can use cowbells at their games?
They made an announcement about it at the SD game but I don't understand why we can't.

Thanks

Pretty sure that artificial noisemakers are illegal per NCAA rules. It comes down to policing by your local athletic and stadium officials and also enforcement of the rules by the officials.

I don't care that we can't use them. I just didn't understand why they said it was against NCAA rules to use them but other schools can. I think we are plenty loud.
When are the new ribbon boards being installed?

cburkhardt said:
Why are we not allowed to use noisemakers at was Griz but bobcats can use cowbells at their games?
They made an announcement about it at the SD game but I don't understand why we can't.

Thanks
Probably because it would be difficult to get to your car after the game with it shoved up your a$$... :egriz:

The only noise makers needed are your vocal cords. Too bad more people don't use them!

there are a couple of fans with cowbells in the NEZ, they started bringing them maybe 5 years ago. the first couple of games I was really annoyed with them but now I dont even notice them.

1Griz_Fan said:
Sea Bass said:
Noise makers are gay and f***[*] annoying. Leave them at home.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kick his ass Sea Bass!

It's interesting that Sea Bass would toss such a phrase given what he did on March 25 at 2:15 a.m., SHARP.

This struck a couple memories....

First, when I was a freshman and finally attended my first Griz game (a playoff game), some dude in the student section actually had a train horn with battery in the stadium. It was freaking loud. The refs actually had to come to the side lines and warn the guy....it was pretty damn cool.

Secondly...fast forward....I remember a few years back, when those thunder sticks were popular, WaGriz had a promotion with them. Not since then.....Why not? I agree....Cow bells are popular at Ole Miss and Miss U seems to have their own thing.....Why not make it louder...regardless of the "rules"?? I'm still waiting to see either of those that come to mind get shut down in this day and age of the new "rules".

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
This struck a couple memories....

First, when I was a freshman and finally attended my first Griz game (a playoff game), some dude in the student section actually had a train horn with battery in the stadium. It was freaking loud. The refs actually had to come to the side lines and warn the guy....it was pretty damn cool.

Secondly...fast forward....I remember a few years back, when those thunder sticks were popular, WaGriz had a promotion with them. Not since then.....Why not? I agree....Cow bells are popular at Ole Miss and Miss U seems to have their own thing.....Why not make it louder...regardless of the "rules"?? I'm still waiting to see either of those that come to mind get shut down in this day and age of the new "rules".

Only one question: Why did it take you so long to attend a game as a motherfucking freshman in college?

Back