• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How far do the Griz drop?

Griz!ron

We lost, as expected,
We played better than some expected (i.e. the gambling spreads)
For being ranked #4 in the country we didn't make THAT great of a game out if it.

So how far do we drop in the polls?

I'm guess about #10.

I'd say we made a pretty good game out of it for playing the 3-time defending national champs who have now won 28-straight games. We drop no more than 1-3 spots... We'll be somewhere in #5-7.

Griz!ron said:
We lost, as expected,
We played better than some expected (i.e. the gambling spreads)
For being ranked #4 in the country we didn't make THAT great of a game out if it.

So how far do we drop in the polls?

I'm guess about #10.

I don't think so at all.

Player, don't get mad bro, I'm just guessing. I don't think the Griz SHOULD drop that far. But I KNOW several of the voters in the TSN Poll, and they LOVE and LIVE to hammer on the Griz sometimes. I always respond by saying "Why then, are the Griz ranked high now?" Haha. Actually, I think they will be at about 8 or 9 in reality, but I haven't seen the rest of the Top 25 results today so I'm just taking a flyer.

havgrizfan said:
Player, don't get mad bro, I'm just guessing. I don't think the Griz SHOULD drop that far. But I KNOW several of the voters in the TSN Poll, and they LOVE and LIVE to hammer on the Griz sometimes. I always respond by saying "Why then, are the Griz ranked high now?" Haha. Actually, I think they will be at about 8 or 9 in reality, but I haven't seen the rest of the Top 25 results today so I'm just taking a flyer.

Saying "no way" has nothing to do with being mad. If the Griz were ranked no. 8 yesterday, they should move up after today's performance. There is no way the Griz should move down much, unless the voters are dumbasses.

Hammer said:
Who cares!!! Polls are meaningless at this point of the season.

Especially when using the TSN or Coaches polls! There are so many things wrong with those polls that they essentially make them invalid.

In response to the thread, it is really difficult to drop in the TSN poll. Plus it seems the voters don't do any research aside from looking at the scores. They'll be seeing that the Griz lost by 12 to the #1 team. I'd be surprised if the Griz dropped any more than 3-4 spots in that poll. I could see them ending up at 7, especially with Southeastern Louisiana getting beat by a nobody. Just my two cents.

poorgriz18 said:
One spot ahead of Weber State. 24-7 is just as good as 22-10, when you consider Weber isn't even ranked.

Could be worse....we could rank among the asswipes like you.

We were expected lose. We went into Fargo and held the 3 time nat'l champs and # 1 ranked team in the country to one touchdown and would have had a chance had JJ not threw an int going in. 7 seems to come to mind.

Back