• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Fans Tailgates & Game Exit

spsyk

DONOR
Bisons fans could not have been more gracious at the tailgates, were glad to see people attending from Montana, an could have very easily not witness the game, because everywhere you went a libation was available.

Not one deraguatory comment, with the exception of hatred of,"....The Bobcats, for the cancelled game of fear.

Upon exiting the game, I thought I was going to have to ice my arm from handshakes of a game well played, and perhaps the best game played in the Fargodome, in two years.

Great atmosphere,game day experience, and great fans welcoming the Montana fans.

By the way, if seen as arrogant, 3 consecutive National Championships, probably merits that.

Am not going to take any credit, but hope both the naive, innocent, and punks that follow this so called program that reeks with what the NCAA terms "Lack of institutional control" took the admonishment 3-7-77 seriously.

To paraphrase Mick Delaney - we want to see them again.

I will there if Griz are there, but will only meet you punks sober and in a neutral location.

Griz1952 said:
Am not going to take any credit, but hope both the naive, innocent, and punks that follow this so called program that reeks with what the NCAA terms "Lack of institutional control" took the admonishment 3-7-77 seriously.

I will there if Griz are there, but will only meet you punks sober and in a neutral location.

I'm confused.....oh, wait........maybe not....

Griz1952 said:

I don't understand all the hate, I thought it was neat to see so many great Griz fans at our game, it was a lot of fun.

Griz1952 said:

Thank you Griz1952. It was because of you that the NDSU fans at the game and tailgating were kind. Thank you for your work. :roll:

Griz1952 said:

Could you possibly be anymore delusional? The ONLY person showing hate is YOU. How do you reconcile the hate and the lies you have told with being a supposedly church going man? Seems you have some inner conflicts(demons) that need to be addressed.

I understand you had to leave Fargo for the weekend. How was the trip?

spsyk said:
Bisons fans could not have been more gracious at the tailgates, were glad to see people attending from Montana, an could have very easily not witness the game, because everywhere you went a libation was available.

Not one deraguatory comment, with the exception of hatred of,"....The Bobcats, for the cancelled game of fear.

Upon exiting the game, I thought I was going to have to ice my arm from handshakes of a game well played, and perhaps the best game played in the Fargodome, in two years.

Great atmosphere,game day experience, and great fans welcoming the Montana fans.

By the way, if seen as arrogant, 3 consecutive National Championships, probably merits that.

Wait what you were not threatened, had guns pulled, spit on, or cussed out like some off his rocker 1952 guy would wants you to believe

CDAGRIZ said:
This is like ThunderBizon fans on a sabiki rig.
Im not so sure, from his BV posts, he seems pretty unstable.
He has had an altercation in a bar with NDSU fans, so I rule out trolling.

NDSUSR said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Oh, I didn't realize he had an altercation with NDSU fans at a bar. He's probably telling the truth. I've actually had a similar experience. It was in Valley City about 10 years ago, believe it or not. It was during the 2004 season, and the Griz were finally starting to gel with Ochs at QB. I had to go to VC for a seminar at the college there, which, if I recall correctly, was aptly named. We went to some bar on the main drag afterward. I had a Griz hat on, and immediately started hearing it when I came in the door to the bar. Keep in mind, this was the season after DII NDSU beat the Griz at home. It was really lighthearted at first, but it turned kind of nasty after I said something to the effect of "at least The University of Montana football team has kids from Montana." Everybody who was engaged in the banter got quiet and went back to their respective small group conversations. Thinking it was over, I went over to the bar where a woman, about 50, came up to me and started in. She introduced herself as Sadie. I'll never forget her quote:

"Hey! You think you're so cool coming in here with all your fancy clothes, but I bet you don't know shit about fixin' motor-sickles." I think my "fancy clothes" that day were a hooded Nike sweatshirt and a pair of Levi's. I told her that I had no idea what a "motor-sickle" was, so she was correct about my lack of knowledge of their repair. She was really coming at me now. She said something about how her brother, Tom, knew everything there was to know about fixin' motor-sickles, and that fact somehow made me a lesser human. I just said that if I ever acquired a "motor-sickle" (which I could only guess was farming equipment), I would know where to go if it started acting up. I told her to have a nice evening, and turned away to bring some beers back to our table.

On my way, a HUGE guy in a NDSU t-shirt tried to knock the beers out of my hand and started yelling about me talking to "his woman." I told him it was a misunderstanding. He went for the beers again, and this time, he got them, soaking my shirt and jeans. His buddies flanked him. In the words of Ron White, I didn't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. The big guy yelled, "Grizzlies Suck!" and the rest of the bar cheered. He threatened to "tea-bag" me, whatever that means. I wanted out of there ASAP, so I bailed. On my way to the door, people were saying, oh, c'mon, we were just messing with you, etc. It didn't end up materializing into anything physical, but it was a really strange way to treat a fan of another team. To this day, I'm not sure if they really would have thrown hands, or if they were just pulling my leg.

CDAGRIZ said:
NDSUSR said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Oh, I didn't realize he had an altercation with NDSU fans at a bar. He's probably telling the truth. I've actually had a similar experience. It was in Valley City about 10 years ago, believe it or not. It was during the 2004 season, and the Griz were finally starting to gel with Ochs at QB. I had to go to VC for a seminar at the college there, which, if I recall correctly, was aptly named. We went to some bar on the main drag afterward. I had a Griz hat on, and immediately started hearing it when I came in the door to the bar. Keep in mind, this was the season after DII NDSU beat the Griz at home. It was really lighthearted at first, but it turned kind of nasty after I said something to the effect of "at least The University of Montana football team has kids from Montana." Everybody who was engaged in the banter got quiet and went back to their respective small group conversations. Thinking it was over, I went over to the bar where a woman, about 50, came up to me and started in. She introduced herself as Sadie. I'll never forget her quote:

"Hey! You think you're so cool coming in here with all your fancy clothes, but I bet you don't know shit about fixin' motor-sickles." I think my "fancy clothes" that day were a hooded Nike sweatshirt and a pair of Levi's. I told her that I had no idea what a "motor-sickle" was, so she was correct about my lack of knowledge of their repair. She was really coming at me now. She said something about how her brother, Tom, knew everything there was to know about fixin' motor-sickles, and that fact somehow made me a lesser human. I just said that if I ever acquired a "motor-sickle" (which I could only guess was farming equipment), I would know where to go if it started acting up. I told her to have a nice evening, and turned away to bring some beers back to our table.

On my way, a HUGE guy in a NDSU t-shirt tried to knock the beers out of my hand and started yelling about me talking to "his woman." I told him it was a misunderstanding. He went for the beers again, and this time, he got them, soaking my shirt and jeans. His buddies flanked him. In the words of Ron White, I didn't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. The big guy yelled, "Grizzlies Suck!" and the rest of the bar cheered. He threatened to "tea-bag" me, whatever that means. I wanted out of there ASAP, so I bailed. On my way to the door, people were saying, oh, c'mon, we were just messing with you, etc. It didn't end up materializing into anything physical, but it was a really strange way to treat a fan of another team. To this day, I'm not sure if they really would have thrown hands, or if they were just pulling my leg.

Thanks CDA for the post, this happens more than we realize. Like you am glad it did not to hands flying.

Good news is my now almost 83 year old friend called and wanted to meet at a downtown establishment where we do CAT/GRIZ annual event. told him I could not make it but would call back Sunday when I was back in town.

Checked in with him tonight and he was only Griz fan there, but a gentlemen who played at the local institution like 20 years ago or so paid for his meal; he had great time despite game outcome.

That is what matters.

CDA - THANKS FOR THE BACKUP MAN - ^5

3-7-77

Every single Griz fan at NDSU tailgate was treated with respect!!

You guys are seriously wrong about NDSU fans. Please stop.

Ask any griz fan that ACTUALLY went to Fargo this weekend. ( NOT YOU HATERS I BET)

Bisonation said:

Ask any griz fan that ACTUALLY went to Fargo this weekend. ( NOT YOU HATERS I BET)

You guys are getting trolled in the manner reminiscent of the great Panthera of the 2011 Northern Iowa game. Seriously, look that up on this boards history for a glimpse. It is epic.

Bisonation said:

I was in Fargo for the game and the people there were awesome. thank you bison fans for the great weekend!

PDXGrizzly said:
Bisonation said:

You guys are getting trolled in the manner reminiscent of the great Panthera of the 2011 Northern Iowa game. Seriously, look that up on this boards history for a glimpse. It is epic.

I am consistently amazed at the number of folks who believe the troll posts are sincere fan expressions. As a rule of thumb take the numbers of posts and divide by... say 3, then you'll have some sense of the opinions actually held by people.
The remaining two thirds amount to little more than a BS :poke:

You may want to read this thread if you think hes a troll.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26188-PL-is-a-waste-of-protoplasm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NDSUSR said:
You may want to read this thread if you think hes a troll.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26188-PL-is-a-waste-of-protoplasm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmm... That is fricken hilarious! "Waste of protoplasm!" I'm totally going to use that. Thanks for the link!

By the way, we all have those crazy people who wear our schools colors that make rational and sane people groan. While me being rational or sane is up for debate, it still made me groan. However, it did make for an interesting story.

Latest posts

Back