• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predict the final W/L record

monte is a character

I would like to see what the fan base has to say about predicting the final seasonal record for the football team, and whether we make the playoffs. First, give us your seasonal W/L prediction. Then, tell us if we will make the playoffs, if we will have at least one home playoff game, and finally how far we will go in the playoffs.

I'll go first.

Final record: 7-5
We miss making the playoffs.

monte is a character said:
I would like to see what the fan base has to say about predicting the final seasonal record for the football team, and whether we make the playoffs. First, give us your seasonal W/L prediction. Then, tell us if we will make the playoffs, if we will have at least one home playoff game, and finally how far we will go in the playoffs.

I'll go first.

That's a cheese dick post if you can't back it up with graphs and stats....

:cool:

grizcountry420 said:

I'll go first.

Not looking for a coaching clinic here, just a simple prediction. I think we lose to EWU, Sac. St., and MSU.

What's the winner get? Bottles or cans? And if there is more than one correct guess how you determine who gets the prize?

This seems a little wishy-washy to me.

grizcountry420 said:

I'll go first.

Not looking for a coaching clinic here, just a simple prediction. I think we lose to EWU, Sac. St., and MSU.
I predicted a 9-3 or 8-4 finish with a playoff appearance last August. I will still hold to that prediction. The prospects for a Griz win in Cheney just got a lot better with the Adams injury. I initially put that game in the loss column. Maybe the Griz lose to Sac St. or one other team in conference. I just don't see more than 2 losses for this team in this conference. I might be wrong. We'll see......

Grizzlies lose one conference game. Most likely E. WA since game is in Cheney this year and Vernon will play even if they amputate his foot. Though Sacramento might be one to trip the Griz. Possible, yet less likely, to be bobcats with their new savior the "Russian Lad".

Grizzlies definitely make playoffs. With just single loss possibly are conference champs. Seeding (or lack thereof) will influence playoff prospects.

This team goes at least 1 & 1, though I think they make it a 2 & 1 playoff run. Go Griz.
:ugeek:

At the beginning of the season I was thinking 7-5 since we have a pretty brutal schedule, and I've seen nothing that changes my mind (for better or for worse). I'm guessing losses to EWU and unfortunately MSU. I think in the @CP, @SUU and Sac game at home we go 2-1 in those. We aren't the best road team which makes the CP game and even the SUU game a bit scary. I'm very glad the Sac game is in Missoula. I think we beat UC Davis easy.

Hope I'm wrong about the losses!

-9-3 (we lose 1 of 3 against EWU, MSU, Sac State)
-We make the playoffs (possibly winning the BSC)
-We get 2 home games in the playoffs
-We lose in the quarter final round

9-3 with loss to Cal Poly or EWU. Top 8 Seed in playoffs but early (2nd or quarterfinals round) exit.

It's interesting that the first half of the schedule was almost exclusively against teams that had good or great defenses but not a lot of offense and now the 2nd half will be almost entirely against teams that have shown they have good or great offenses but not a lot of defense.

Cal Poly has actually surprised me and has looked better than I thought they would've been with their trouble at the beginning of the season. I think they are the most balanced team remaining for the Griz. They are probably still pissed about last season's OT loss and it will be an evening road game (which might throw off routines). The good news is that this Griz D tackles better in open space and is more disciplined than I can remember for at least the last few years. Both will be essential against Cal Poly's option.

I thought EWU would be a loss but without a fully healthy VA, it looks like a much better matchup against more of a pocket passer than a slippery, mobile one. Their backup did look good (smart, poised, good arm) the little that I have seen him, I just think the Griz front will be able to create pressure and collapse the pocket more against him.

Both MSU and Sac St. could be tough games because of their dual threat QBs but both games will be in WaGriz. Sac State has the offensive potential with Saffron at the helm but I think their overall program has taken a large step back under Sears. And with MSU you never know with a rivalry game. Prukop will undoubtedly cause some headaches by game's end. And MSU has won the last two at WaGriz but I think that will just motivate this Griz team more. I think the difference will be the running game. I think the Griz D can shut down Johnson and Co. while Canada and Van will be able to find enough holes to be able to move the ball.

This all being said, outside EWU, MSU, and UM the BSC is pretty weak overall and those 9-3 or 10-2 records will be kind of misleading. All three need to improve if they want to make some noise in the playoffs.

I have a lot of confidence in the young men who play for The Griz. Tackling has improved and the speed on defense has impressed. Tye has really stepped up and has proven he can game plan. JJ is still a premier QB, Canada,Van,Jones, and hopefully Henderson are big playmakers. The only thing they need to do is on occasion scrap the pro set and spread the field out. Wish Delaney wasn't so stubborn. Every game is winnable so........
9-3

Go Griz!!

8 - 4. I think we lose two out of three to EWU, MSU and Sac. Our D can hold them to 30 but that means we have to score 31.

We make the playoffs and lose in the first round. Especially if it is real cold. :thumb:

I am confused why Sac State keeps getting throwing out as a likely loss. Based on their QB? The same QB who led them to a 24 points and a 20 point loss on the road to ISU? Their 11 point win at home over WSU? You guys really think ISU is more than 20 points better than UM at home? I would think EWU, MSU and Cal Poly (on the road) would be the teams to be concerned about, not Sac State at home.

At worst Griz go 9-3, but I will predict 10-2, #3 seed, beat Coastal Carolina on the road in the Semi's to go to the NC. Unless is is below 10 and super windy for Griz-Cat, then I predict 8-4, first round win in the playoff's. :lol:

Looking ahead, with the exception of UC Davis which is severly undermanned talent-wise, each of the remaining teams have superior coaching staffs, and teams that if they play well can beat the Griz. 3 more wins is probably likely. Unless we get creative on the O side, more than 3 wins is looking unlikely. I'll be rooting for running the table but my rose-colored glasses broke a long time ago. Would love for MD and the OC's to prove me wrong.

9-3...the BSC is dog shit....nobody plays defense besides us....MSU and EWU has no defense what so ever. We'll prob drop one to a team we should beat like Cal Poly or Sac State...beat the other two shit programs EWU and MSU...lose in the first round of playoffs at home because MD shits his diaper before halftime...doesn't return to the field for second half.

UCD-W
@CP-L
Sac-W
@EWU-W (I think VA is back for this game but we pull through)
@SUU-W
MSU-W (We break the road winner streak finally)

We turn it on for the 2nd half of the season thanks to JJ and are outright conference champs for the first time in a while (MSU and EWU each lose 2)

#3 Seed in Playoffs

#2 seed falls and we host and win a semi-final game

In the Chipper...I won't guess for a win or a loss...MD rides off into the Canyon River sunset

Back