• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Oct 18)

Where are the upsets?

• #15 W&M (4-2) vs #5 Villanova (5-1)

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • #22 Indi State (4-2) at #1 NDSU (6-0)

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • #21 YSU (4-2) vs #14 SIU (5-2)

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • #20 No Iowa (3-3) vs #18 SDSU (4-2)

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Cent Ark (4-3) at #8 SE Louis (5-2)

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • West. Ill (3-4) vs #10 Illinois St (5-0)

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Northwest. St (3-3) vs #24 SHSU (3-3)

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

Again, we have four ranked-vs-ranked team matchups. Add in two games where the ranked team is on the road, and we have a lot a good possibilities. Of course, NDSU is at home against a low-ranked team, so that’s probably a throw-away ... but I know some of you folks out there like to pick against them, no matter what. :lol:

We sure need something, given that not one of the possible upsets in last week’s poll happened! :eek:

Under-dog on left, two choices allowed.

IdaGriz01 said:
... Of course, NDSU is at home against a low-ranked team, so that’s probably a throw-away ... but I know some of you folks out there like to pick against them, no matter what.
Hmmm, guess I was wrong about that. ;) :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
... Of course, NDSU is at home against a low-ranked team, so that’s probably a throw-away ... but I know some of you folks out there like to pick against them, no matter what.
Hmmm, guess I was wrong about that. ;) :lol:

no, your right !

I picked Indiana State. They had a couple great games this year and have potential. Also some friends of mine from Indianapolis are fans so hopefully this is the weekend the Bison will fall. *rolls eyes*

signedbewildered said:
I picked Indiana State. They had a couple great games this year and have potential. Also some friends of mine from Indianapolis are fans so hopefully this is the weekend the Bison will fall. *rolls eyes*
You just picked them because you don't want NDSU to extend their 17 game win streak and get any closer to the Griz's record.

bisonboone11 said:
signedbewildered said:
You just picked them because you don't want NDSU to extend their 17 game win streak and get any closer to the Griz's record.
That's true, although I doubt anyone can ever beat that record. Just like nobody will ever touch App State's 3 consecutive National Championships. Lou Gehrig's Iron man record, Hank Aaron's home run record, Griz consecutive winning streak record and App State's Consecutive National Title record - all classics that are untouchable.

bisonboone11 said:
signedbewildered said:

Most impressive streak of all for NDSU is that they have not lost a road game since the 2010 playoffs. I don't think you will see a team go 3 plus seasons without getting beat on the road for a very long time.

Much harder to do that than win a bunch of games at home.

Hard to believe there are twice as many people who think Indiana State (4-2) can upset NDSU at ND compared to those who think Central Arkansas can upset SE Louisiana at their place. ;)

< Bump. >

Last chance to vote for those of you not on the road from "far away" and at their computers. :punch:

GO GRIZ! :party:

The top vote-getter for an upset almost turned out right. #18 SDSU had to kick a FG with less that 2 min in the game to pull that one out over #20 NIU. In much the same way, the number-two vote-getter, #15 W&M, had the upset until #5 Villanova scored a TD with like 50 sec left in the game.

So those of you who thought #21 YSU, playing at home, could upset #14 So Illinois look pretty good.

#24 Sam Houston just got into the top-25, but it will be a short stay. That upset by unranked Northwestern State gives SHSU a losing record, although they still have a winning record in the Southland.

Back