• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Henderson's Virus...

gotgame75

DONOR
According to an article just posted on the Missoulian's site, Henderson will once again be out of the lineup with a stomach virus. For those who are not aware, we are rapidly approaching a year that Ellis has been battling this ailment. Forget about football, this is extremely concerning regarding his general welfare. What kind of "virus" lasts a year anyway?! Are the doctors aware of what specific illness he has? I know these type of ailments exist, I'm just not aware of specific stomach viruses that last this long. Perhaps his immune system is somehow compromised? All in all, this is such a strange and sad turn of events for Henderson, who is being robbed of the ability to display the dominance this offense sorely needs.

Do any of you insiders know what is going on here?

Honestly, for his health and well being, should he consider shutting down for the year and applying for a medical redshirt? I'm sure that is something he and the coaches have discussed and know far more about than I do, but I would just hate for him to push himself and not get over this as thoroughly as he should.

grzz said:
Honestly, for his health and well being, should he consider shutting down for the year and applying for a medical redshirt? I'm sure that is something he and the coaches have discussed and know far more about than I do, but I would just hate for him to push himself and not get over this as thoroughly as he should.

I thought he used his redshirt year at Hawaii, so he wouldn't have a redshirt to use. If he did, he may have played in too many games to use it anyways.

gotgame75 said:
According to an article just posted on the Missoulian's site, Henderson will once again be out of the lineup with a stomach virus. For those who are not aware, we are rapidly approaching a year that Ellis has been battling this ailment. Forget about football, this is extremely concerning regarding his general welfare. What kind of "virus" lasts a year anyway?! Are the doctors aware of what specific illness he has? I know these type of ailments exist, I'm just not aware of specific stomach viruses that last this long. Perhaps his immune system is somehow compromised? All in all, this is such a strange and sad turn of events for Henderson, who is being robbed of the ability to display the dominance this offense sorely needs.

Actually the article says "doubtful"

Viruses can be very sneaky and can hide within your immune system for your whole life and pop out opportunistically. There are lots of examples but one that interests me, given my advancing age, is the virus that causes chicken pox. It hides in your nerve endings and someday can reoccur most often just once -- but also possibly multiple times -- as shingles. If you have a strong stomach you can search the web and see some rather horrific cases of the huge rash it leaves and the nerve damage is can cause in the process. I'm not saying EH has anything in particular but it is not too surprising to hear of someone battling a virus for a long time. It could actually be a lifetime thing (unfortunately). Get well soon Ellis!

griz71 said:
gotgame75 said:

Regardless, doesn't change the fact that it's unlikely he will play and that he has had a recurring illness for almost 12 months.

gotgame75 said:
griz71 said:
gotgame75 said:

Regardless, doesn't change the fact that it's unlikely he will play and that he has had a recurring illness for almost 12 months.

That sucks. The kid is a stud. Good thing he didn't go to the Bozeman Deaconess Hospital. Poor kid would be dead now.

Unfortunately, this story is turning into one of the most frustrating aspects of the 2014 Griz campaign. I really feel bad for this young man.

I think I had something very similar once. It bothered me for several years and at times was very painful. Then we got divorced and I have felt better ever since.

Phat Cat said:
gotgame75 said:
griz71 said:
gotgame75 said:

That sucks. The kid is a stud. Good thing he didn't go to the Bozeman Deaconess Hospital. Poor kid would be dead now.
I'm not a M.D. but at some point you have to wonder if Missoula, Mt. is the best place for him to be ? ... :egriz:

Snap once told me that he had a viral syphilis that took him 4 years to get rid of. Sometimes I guess it isn't just as simple as taking antibiotics.

damn it, we got all these armchair lawyers here on egriz pontificating and crapping all over the joint and now you want to bring in arm chair doctors?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
damn it, we got all these armchair lawyers here on egriz pontificating and crapping all over the joint and now you want to bring in arm chair doctors?

How dare you, left out armchair QB's, and armchair coaches. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

How dare you, left out armchair QB's, and armchair coaches. :thumb:
you ever seen doctors and lawyers go at it? its just like... like...
egriz :thumb:

NorthEndZoneDan said:

And what about the armchair tv watchers like yourself?

From what I've seen in the press, it's a bacterial, not viral, infection. Who's right, here?

Viruses do their job (killing the patient in a short time like flu and Ebola, if not treated); bacteria hang around far longer. This is my understanding. Also, Ellis could have a strain of bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics.

But, like someone said, now we have armchair QB doctors on this board. So, what do I know?

And, yes, Ellis getting well is far more important than playing for the Griz at this point.

grizatwork said:
grzz said:

I thought he used his redshirt year at Hawaii, so he wouldn't have a redshirt to use. If he did, he may have played in too many games to use it anyways.

He didn't "redshirt" at Hawaii...he was "grayshirted:" < http://gshlfootball.com/injured-shoulder-will-force-skyviews-ellis-henderson-too-grayshirt-at-hawaii-next-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grizzoola said:
From what I've seen in the press, it's a bacterial, not viral, infection. Who's right, here?

Viruses do their job (killing the patient in a short time like flu and Ebola, if not treated); bacteria hang around far longer. This is my understanding. Also, Ellis could have a strain of bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics.

But, like someone said, now we have armchair QB doctors on this board. So, what do I know?

And, yes, Ellis getting well is far more important than playing for the Griz at this point.
No, no, no, no, there are lots of viruses that hang around and don't kill you if left untreated. And never go away even if treated.

cclarkblues said:
I think I had something very similar once. It bothered me for several years and at times was very painful. Then we got divorced and I have felt better ever since.
I went through that surgery, removed a large boil that was spending all my money and was latching on to different faces.

Back