• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stupid Complaint

blackfootipa

DONOR
Does anyone else hate it that the "MONTANA....GRIZZLIES" chant is only done when the cheerleaders run out on the field and lead it? What happened to the guy who used to start it with the sign back in the day? He needs to come back. It is best when it is organic, especially when the team is entering the field right before game time.

blackfootipa said:
Does anyone else hate it that the "MONTANA....GRIZZLIES" chant is only done when the cheerleaders run out on the field and lead it? What happened to the guy who used to start it with the sign back in the day? He needs to come back. It is best when it is organic, especially when the team is entering the field right before game time.

The only time we have ever done the chant before the team ran onto the field that I can recall was back in 2011 in the quarterfinals vs UNI. I believe that was Chris who put that together, holding a sign in the NEZ. I honestly think it would be great to have that chant become a tradition at every home game as the visitors are coming onto the field and right before the Griz run onto the field.

I agree 100% this chant should be done as the visitors come onto the field and continue until the Griz have taken the field.. The MONTANA GRIZZLIES chant truwly is special! It should be a tradition. Having been to UDUB, OSU and UO home games I really think the MONTANA GRIZZLIES chant rivals those that the listed P12 schools due! With far less people I might add!

get'em_griz said:
blackfootipa said:

The only time we have ever done the chant before the team ran onto the field that I can recall was back in 2011 in the quarterfinals vs UNI. I believe that was Chris who put that together, holding a sign in the NEZ. I honestly think it would be great to have that chant become a tradition at every home game as the visitors are coming onto the field and right before the Griz run onto the field.

ABSOLUTELY starting tomorrow! :clap: :thumb:

griz71 said:
get'em_griz said:
blackfootipa said:

ABSOLUTELY starting tomorrow! :clap: :thumb:

Yep, this is how it should be done! :thumb:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADUz6gDNvjw[/youtube]

Agreed. Its forced and akward when the cheerleaders start the chant during a time out in the 3rd quarter.

used to be the guy with the sign was in 109, I believe... IT guy who worked for the people who have taken over the old MT Power box on the north side of the aisle between sections 107 and 108 ... think he always waited until after 3rd quarter to start it... sometimes before the 4th quarter started...

Who wants to be the new guy? It needs to be started by the fans. It fires the crowd up and in turn the players. The student section should be the ones really, led by the redshirts.

blackfootipa said:
Does anyone else hate it that he "MONTANA....GRIZZLIES" chant is only done when the cheerleaders run out on the field and lead it? What happened to the guy who used to start it with the siboo'ack in the day? He needs to come back. It is best when it is organic, especially when the team is entering the field right before game time.

Well this one is pretty easy. He sat in 109 just down from Brint and myself. He was great, except when the "new fans" started moving in, they began to boo him for doing it. He eventually gave up his seats. They started booing him when he would once in awhile try to start one while we were on offense. He took it pretty personal as the fans got on him more and more to just "sit down". Kinda like the same reason I gave up my tickets for this year. After at a business meeting a fan said "i know you, you're the guy that's always trying to be loud in our section".
That sentence alone killed my heart after going for 18 yrs. That, and the ugly fans at CCU game

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
blackfootipa said:
Does anyone else hate it that he "MONTANA....GRIZZLIES" chant is only done when the cheerleaders run out on the field and lead it? What happened to the guy who used to start it with the siboo'ack in the day? He needs to come back. It is best when it is organic, especially when the team is entering the field right before game time.

Well this one is pretty easy. He sat in 109 just down from Brint and myself. He was great, except when the "new fans" started moving in, they began to boo him for doing it. He eventually gave up his seats. They started booing him when he would once in awhile try to start one while we were on offense. He took it pretty personal as the fans got on him more and more to just "sit down". Kinda like the same reason I gave up my tickets for this year. After at a business meeting a fan said "i know you, you're the guy that's always trying to be loud in our section".
That sentence alone killed my heart after going for 18 yrs. That, and the ugly fans at CCU game

Too bad. What were the ugly fan at the CCU game doing or saying? I appreciate your post. Interesting.

Honestly PR. It was bad. Granted these weren't the "normal" season ticket holders. Lets put it this way, I sat in row 2 with my good college friends behind the CCU bench. I only thought the kind of language that ensued at that staff and team might only happen in the south.
It actually got so bad that a wife 2 rows behind us kicked her husband out of the game. No, it wasn't just 1 or 2 fans. It was many. Ugliest day i have ever been a part of as a Griz die hard

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Honestly PR. It was bad. Granted these weren't the "normal" season ticket holders. Lets put it this way, I sat in row 2 with my good college friends behind the CCU bench. I only thought the kind of language that ensued at that staff and team might only happen in the south.
It actually got so bad that a wife 2 rows behind us kicked her husband out of the game. No, it wasn't just 1 or 2 fans. It was many. Ugliest day i have ever been a part of as a Griz die hard

Too bad. I don't understand that kind of behavior. I assume it was directed towards the CCU bench, who were guests in Griz stadium on their first visit here.

PlayerRep said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

Too bad. I don't understand that kind of behavior. I assume it was directed towards the CCU bench, who were guests in Griz stadium on their first visit here.

Well that is no way for us to make new friends. Be loud and proud but respectful.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
blackfootipa said:

so dmont the question is, how do we get this guy to return to WaGriz? So there are 3 or 5 knotheads who got on his case. There were 24,000 of us that appreciated what he did, and still do. The whole cheer with Peter C leading the charge is about as phony as phony can get.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:

Unfortunately a few 'bad' fans were screaming at the refs this UC Davis game too. We were in Sec. 122 and I was annoyed at the excessive language a few chose to use (men and a woman). Not a few curse words of complaint but about 2 to 3 minutes of stuff to make the sailors blush. After a couple of minutes a kid of about 8 years old was starting to chime in.
Folks let's make sure we are loud and proud but not A holes.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:

Unfortunately a few 'bad' fans were screaming at the refs this UC Davis game too. We were in Sec. 122 and I was annoyed at the excessive language a few chose to use (men and a woman). Not a few curse words of complaint but about 2 to 3 minutes of stuff to make the sailors blush. After a couple of minutes a kid of about 8 years old was starting to chime in.
Folks let's make sure we are loud and proud but not A holes.
Sorry, but the refs at the Davis game deserved the epithets thrown at them. I won't say I and the people around me used "excessive language," but there was plenty of booing and discussion of, what one guys said, "the absolute worst of the worst" of Big Sky reffing. I don't expect a lot of Big Sky refs, but Saturday's game was especially bad -- and I've been watching UM games for around 60 years.

PlayerRep said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
blackfootipa said:

Too bad. What were the ugly fan at the CCU game doing or saying? I appreciate your post. Interesting.

I can confirm what DMontana is saying on both accounts.

1. The Montana Grizzlies chant guy actually almost got in a fight once with people sitting around him. He was a passionate guy but as new people came in they didn't want to follow suit. This was maybe 4 years ago or so but he tried and failed a few times to get it going, got frustrated, had some other people around him tease or taunt him and he got pissed. Never saw him in those seats after that game.

2. CCU game had an odd concentration of fans sitting in seats where many regular season ticket holders usually do. I heard someone yell at one of our graduating seniors on defense after the game, something like "I'm glad you lost this game you piece of s---". Which set of a damn near fist fight. It was a strange crowd that day.

the CCU game had some weird mojo in the North End Zone as well. I could only spot one regular season ticket holder around me. That really bites about the Montana Grizzlies cheer ringleader. Legendary performances over the years and I really enjoyed hearing the crowd drown out Peter C and whatever blather he was going on about.

Latest posts

Back