• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Remaining Schedules: Conference Contenders; Top 11 FCS

oGriz

Big Sky Conference - Remaining Schedules for Contenders

Added a table.
Contenders10-25.JPG

Eastern Washington (4-0)
Oct 25 - at Northern Arizona
Nov 1 - vs. North Dakota
Nov 8 - vs. Montana
Nov 15 - Open
Nov 21 - at Portland State

Montana State (4-0)
Oct 25 - Open
Nov 1 - at Cal Poly
Nov 8 - vs. Portland State
Nov 15 - vs. Idaho State
Nov 22 - at Montana

Montana (3-0)
Oct 25 - at Cal Poly
Nov 1 - vs. Sacramento St
Nov 8 - at Eastern Wash
Nov 15 - at Southern Utah
Nov 22 - vs. Montana State

Cal Poly (3-1)
Oct 25 - vs. Montana
Nov 1 - vs. Montana State
Nov 8 - at Idaho State
Nov 15 - vs. UC Davis
Nov 22 - at San Diego

Idaho State (2-1)
Oct 25 - at Northern Colorado
Nov 1 - at Portland State
Nov 8 - vs. Cal Poly
Nov 15 - at Montana State
Nov 22 - vs. Weber State

Northern Arizona (2-1)
Oct 25 - vs. Eastern Wash
Nov 1 - at Weber State
Nov 8 - vs. UC Davis
Nov 15 - at North Dakota
Nov 22 - vs. Southern Utah

FCS Top 11 - Remaining Schedules

No. 1 North Dakota State Bison (7-0)
Oct 25 - at South Dakota
Nov 1 - vs. South Dakota St
Nov 8 - at Northern Iowa
Nov 15 - at Missouri State
Nov 22 - vs. Youngstown St

No. 2 Eastern Washington Eagles (7-1)
Oct 25 - at Northern Arizona
Nov 1 - vs. North Dakota
Nov 8 - vs. Montana
Nov 15 - Open
Nov 21 - at Portland State

No. 3 New Hampshire Wildcats (5-1)
Oct 25 - vs. Stony Brook
Nov 1 - vs. Albany
Nov 8 - at Rhode Island
Nov 15 - vs. Delaware
Nov 22 - at Maine

No. 4 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-0)
Oct 25 - vs. Char Southern
Nov 1 - at Gardner-Webb
Nov 8 - at Charlotte
Nov 15 - vs. Monmouth
Nov 22 - vs. Liberty

No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (6-1)
Oct 25 - vs. Morgan State
Nov 1 - at Richmond
Nov 8 - vs. Towson
Nov 15 - vs. Albany
Nov 22 - at Delaware

No. 6 Jacksonville State Gamecocks
Oct 25 - vs. Tenn Tech
Nov 1 - vs. Austin Peay
Nov 8 - at Eastern Kentucky
Nov 15 - vs. Eastern Illinios
Nov 22 - at SE Missouri St

No. 7 Montana Grizzlies (5-2)
Oct 25 - at Cal Poly
Nov 1 - vs. Sacramento St
Nov 8 - at Eastern Wash
Nov 15 - at Southern Utah
Nov 22 - vs. Montana State

No. 8 Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-2)
Oct 25 - at Stephen F Austin
Nov 1 - Open
Nov 8 - vs. Houston Baptist
Nov 15 - vs. McNeese State
Nov 20 - at Nicholls

No. 9 Montana State Bobcats (6-2)
Oct 25 - Open
Nov 1 - at Cal Poly
Nov 8 - vs. Portland State
Nov 15 - vs. Idaho State
Nov 22 - at Montana

No. 10 Illinois State Redbirds (6-0)
Oct 25 - vs. Missouri State
Nov 1 - at Northern Iowa
Nov 8 - vs. Youngstown St
Nov 15 - at South Dakota
Nov 22 - vs. Southern Ill

No. 11 McNeese State Cowboys (4-2)
Oct 25 - at Incarnate Word
Nov 1 - at Northwestern St
Nov 8 - vs. Stephen F Austin
Nov 15 - at SE Louisiana
Nov 22 - vs. Lamar

Just out of curiosity, I checked the cumulative won-loss records for the opponents of the Big Sky teams:

Eastern Washington (4-0) -- Future opponents, 14-14

Montana State (4-0) -- Future opponents, 15-13

Montana (3-0) -- Future opponents, 22-17

Cal Poly (3-1) -- Future opponents, 21-14

Idaho State (2-1) -- Future opponents, 14-22

Northern Arizona (2-1) -- Future opponents, 12-25

ISU and NAU have a tolerable chance to run the table from here, Griz and Cal Poly not so much, with EWU and MSU in between. Obviously just a rough notion, since some teams are coming on (like I think the Griz are), while some others are fading (usually due to key injuries).

Thanks, IdaGriz01. I added a table to make the information more compact, and hopefully easier to grasp.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Is ISU going to go 7-1 in conference and make the playoffs???? I think they may!
I don't think they have a gimme left on their schedule, including WSU. Well maybe Portland State :p

Cal Poly is always a close game for the Griz, and with the uncertainty surrounding this season I've got a bad feeling about this game, especially on the road.

bearister said:
Cal Poly is always a close game for the Griz, and with the uncertainty surrounding this season I've got a bad feeling about this game, especially on the road.

In recent history, CP on the road has always concerned me, and this year is no exception. UM just has to find a way to win it. UM is not yet good enough to drop any generally winnable game. Playing an FBS game and NDSU put UM in the hole, in terms of having enough wins to make the playoffs. While I'm fine with scheduling Wyo. and NDSU, playing 2 easier games, and winning them, would have put UM at 7-0 now and a shoe in for the playoffs.

PlayerRep said:
bearister said:

In recent history, CP on the road has always concerned me, and this year is no exception. UM just has to find a way to win it. UM is not yet good enough to drop any generally winnable game. Playing an FBS game and NDSU put UM in the hole, in terms of having enough wins to make the playoffs. While I'm fine with scheduling Wyo. and NDSU, playing 2 easier games, and winning them, would have put UM at 7-0 now and a shoe in for the playoffs.

Thank you Mr. Madden. Actually, had you not played NDSU and Wyo, you may have lost one of the following games where you squeaked out the W, due to being better prepared. I'd think someone who played the game at a high level would understand that. Also, even if you WERE 7-0 right now that is not a shoe in for hte playoffs. You have extremely difficult games coming up and it's possible you lose four of five. I'm not prediction that, but it's possible. I'm prediction you lose three of the last five, as I've said all season.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
bearister said:

Thank you Mr. Madden. Actually, had you not played NDSU and Wyo, you may have lost one of the following games where you squeaked out the W, due to being better prepared. I'd think someone who played the game at a high level would understand that. Also, even if you WERE 7-0 right now that is not a shoe in for hte playoffs. You have extremely difficult games coming up and it's possible you lose four of five. I'm not prediction that, but it's possible. I'm prediction you lose three of the last five, as I've said all season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see MSU lose 3 of their last 4, especially given their history of folding like cheap suits late in the season. I suspect we won't be seeing much of you if that happens.

Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
bearister said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see MSU lose 3 of their last 4, especially given their history of folding like cheap suits late in the season. I suspect we won't be seeing much of you if that happens.

I'd take that bet, just let me know. But I'm telling you right now, if I win, I'm only going to pay you if you agree to meet me on a neutral location with nobody else around so I can size you up, shake your hand, and pay you your money. Wait, actually I want Titleist there too. :lol:

poorgriz said:
Htowngriz said:

I'd take that bet, just let me know. But I'm telling you right now, if I win, I'm only going to pay you if you agree to meet me on a neutral location with nobody else around so I can size you up, shake your hand, and pay you your money. Wait, actually I want Titleist there too. :lol:
I'm not sure if you understand how this betting thing works.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
bearister said:

You mean something like a Bobcats Collapse???? Noooo don't you see Montana always get better in November brother.......But the shit cats on the other hand...losing 3-4 is very realistic and were all accustomed to seeing that out of the cats...your losing to Cal Poly, Idaho State, and the Griz...take It to the bank...youll squeak into the first round of the playoffs..and lose at home just like every other season!

Grizbeer said:
poorgriz said:
Htowngriz said:

I'm not sure if you understand how this betting thing works.

Lol. If YOU win I meant. Good catch!

oGriz said:
Thanks, IdaGriz01. I added a table to make the information more compact, and hopefully easier to grasp.

Great Info.

If UM and EWU win this weekend, it pretty much makes the conference a 4 team race and basically comes down to the UM/EWU and UM/MSU games...as expected...

Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
bearister said:

Nah, the cats will host a playoff game in Bozeman and then get blown out similar to the game against NDSU, you know the one they didn't puss out of when they got pounded like the little v-jays they are. No prediction, this will happen if they do not choke first and miss the playoffs like they have been known to do.

Back