• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next !!!!!!!

grizare#1

Well its on to Cal Poly, the second team on the three team California tour. It will be a big big challenge for the defense to contain that option attack as it has been for each meeting between these two teams. I will wait to see Brints rundown of that game. Great to see us get back some guys and sad to lose Henderson, bad enough to lose a guy to a football injury but extra sad when its just health related. Hope he gets better soon and can be back for next year.
With basically a month of regular season football left the BSC is shaping up to be a dogfight between the three top contenders with a few other teams playing the spoiler, so far that could be any team. We know we have a tough schedule left, probably the toughest of the top three teams so the boys better come to work with there helmets strapped on tight.
It's all still in front of this team with all goals attainable, keep the divide trophy in Missoula and win outright the 2014 BSC title. How cool (WILL) it be to have the title come down to the divide war in WGS under the lights.
GO GRIZ :thumb:

I think the griz match up well with the teams left. Cal Poly will handle MSU and I could see EWU dropping a game with all their injury issues. I think we share the title at a minimum.

I expected your defense to hold UC Davis to less points. You gave up one less touchdown to them than the Cats. I wouldn't be so confident against Cal Poly.

bigsky33 said:
I expected your defense to hold UC Davis to less points. You gave up one less touchdown to them than the Cats. I wouldn't be so confident against Cal Poly.

Different games play out differently.

How'd that fantasticnonstoppablebestevershouldbeNFL offense look against the weeble wobbles? You scored less against them than anyone else they've played, including 8 less than 1-7 SUU. I wouldn't be so confident against anyone.

Just sayin.

bigsky33 said:

This. UM hasn't shown sustainability on offense and the D was a bit exposed yesterday. The griz could very well drop games to CP, Sac, and EWU.

IroneagleXP said:
bigsky33 said:

This. UM hasn't shown sustainability on offense and the D was a bit exposed yesterday. The griz could very well drop games to CP, Sac, and EWU.

msu has no defense and their offense was exposed yesterday. they could well drop games to Poly, PSU, ISU and UM (a near certainty).

Oh, and BTW msu trolls, what's new with Knight and Marino?

"You scored less against them than anyone else they've played, including 8 less than 1-7 SUU."

Hrrrmmmmmm, interesting fun fact.

EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
bigsky33 said:

msu has no defense and their offense was exposed yesterday. they could well drop games to Poly, PSU, ISU and UM (a near certainty).

I'm going to go ahead and pull out the PR douche card:

Re: Official MSU Bobcat- Weber State game thread
Unread postby Colter_Nuanez on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Montana State never started in any better position than its own 25 today.

If Daly doesn't miss those two kicks in the first quarter, that's at least a 29-13.

Garcia doesn't get called for a bogus penalty, MSU gets a stop and gets the ball near midfield early.

Prukop and Horn don't miss the presnap calls in the first quarter on those corner chops they were running and MSU doesn't get sacked twice. Instead, they probably score two first-quarter touchdowns and that's a 40-point outing.

The offense piled up 464 yards today, rushed for 304 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry without Knight, a guy who's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and has scored 7 touchdowns.

Montana State shot themselves in the foot all evening.

Another thing to consider: Montana State is running the option on almost every play. Prukop has the chance to give, keep or throw on most plays. Watching live, it seemed to me WSU was determined to not give up anything over the top or over the middle deep. When you're running the option, you take what the defense gives you. Today, they were giving up the give to the running back on the read option. MSU took it. Prukop got sacked three times for a loss of 33 and still rushed for 60. Newell rushed for 62 yards on 12 carries. Brekke got 31 yards on 7 carries. Shawn Johnson rushed for 153 yards on 14 carries.

It wasn't 77 points, but it could have easily been 38-42 if not for a few mistakes. 304 yards rushing is good no matter who you play.
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/Bobcat_Beat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EMAIL: [email protected]
Colter_Nuanez
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

You obviously never played the game. Dip shit. :thumb:

EverettGriz said:
I am constantly amazed how stupid msu fans are.

LOL what a feeble pussy ass response. You don't know shit. All you can say is that MSU fans are stupid. You are such a tool bag.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
I am constantly amazed how stupid msu fans are.

LOL what a feeble pussy ass response. You don't know shit. All you can say is that MSU fans are stupid. You are such a tool bag.

I don't waste time with trolls like you.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
bigsky33 said:

If Daly doesn't miss those two kicks in the first quarter, that's at least a 29-13.

Garcia doesn't get called for a bogus penalty, MSU gets a stop and gets the ball near midfield early.

Prukop and Horn don't miss the presnap calls in the first quarter on those corner chops they were running and MSU doesn't get sacked twice. Instead, they probably score two first-quarter touchdowns and that's a 40-point outing.

The offense piled up 464 yards today, rushed for 304 yards and averaged 5.7 yards per carry without Knight, a guy who's averaging 4.4 yards per carry and has scored 7 touchdowns.

Another thing to consider: Montana State is running the option on almost every play. Prukop has the chance to give, keep or throw on most plays. Watching live, it seemed to me WSU was determined to not give up anything over the top or over the middle deep. When you're running the option, you take what the defense gives you. Today, they were giving up the give to the running back on the read option. MSU took it. Prukop got sacked three times for a loss of 33 and still rushed for 60. Newell rushed for 62 yards on 12 carries. Brekke got 31 yards on 7 carries. Shawn Johnson rushed for 153 yards on 14 carries.

It wasn't 77 points, but it could have easily been 38-42 if not for a few mistakes. 304 yards rushing is good no matter who you play.
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/Bobcat_Beat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colter_Nuanez

If only "if's and buts" counted on the scoreboard, no? MSU would win the NC every year...

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:
IroneagleXP said:
bigsky33 said:

Colter_Nuanez

The referees gave the Bob-Pussies the homer call pretty consistently on Saturday!
MSU has peeked and will drop down-especially toward the end of the season-as they always do.

I expect a barn burner against cal poly. Their a good football team and will be ready to go on Saturday. Montana has been dealing with them for quite some time so it won't be anything new. I fully expect Tye to have the defense ready and fully expect them to execute. Will be fun to watch :thumb:

As far as ewu and msu fans on this board. It's a bye week for the cats so try and enjoy it with say the kids or other family. Take a week off....it would be good for you. ewu fans need to concern themselves with whomever they play and try and forget about The Griz. We can have a better discussion in 3 weeks.

bigsky33 said:
Yes, gave up 1 less touchdown, but also nearly a full games worth of yards. I will say I was a bit surprised at how well Davis ran in the 1st half, though I kind of expected them to have some success through the air.

signedbewildered said:
"You scored less against them than anyone else they've played, including 8 less than 1-7 SUU."

Hrrrmmmmmm, interesting fun fact.

But one statistic
I like is that UC Davis RB Gabe Manzanares (5'9" 195 lbs - senior) gained 91 yds rushing in the First Half; he finished with only 110 net yards rushing...gaining only 19 yds in the Second Half. If anything, that denotes a defensive adjustment. I know, I know, that might mean that the coaching staff actually has a scheme in place, at least on the defensive side, and are resilient enough to become better by the latter part of the game. :shock:

Manzanares did catch three passes for 24 yds and a TD in the Second Quarter that put UC Davis ahead, 14 - 7. Manzanares did rate the 11th best year in individual rushing yds for the NCAA (FCS) with 1,285 yds over 259 atts for 10 TDs last year. He's only gotten 327 yds on 61 atts for a 5.0 avg. so far, playing in only 5 games, but he is a decent runner, and coming off a missed couple games along the way.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Manzanares did rate the 11th best year in individual rushing yds for the NCAA (FCS) with 1,285 yds over 259 atts for 10 TDs last year. He's only gotten 327 yds on 61 atts for a 5.0 avg. so far, playing in only 5 games, but he is a decent runner, and coming off a missed couple games along the way.
Manzanares is better than "a decent runner."

bigkid said:
I expect a barn burner against cal poly. Their a good football team and will be ready to go on Saturday. Montana has been dealing with them for quite some time so it won't be anything new. I fully expect Tye to have the defense ready and fully expect them to execute. Will be fun to watch :thumb:

As far as ewu and msu fans on this board. It's a bye week for the cats so try and enjoy it with say the kids or other family. Take a week off....it would be good for you. ewu fans need to concern themselves with whomever they play and try and forget about The Griz. We can have a better discussion in 3 weeks.

I think a permanent vacation would be a better idea in most cases.

IroneagleXP said:
EverettGriz said:

Bottom line - MSU struggled to put away an 0-7 team at home. Weber's 347 yards passing "is good no matter who you play."

Back