• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Oct 25)

Where are the upsets?

• #17 YSU (5-2) at #13 SDSU (5-2)

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • #22 India State (4-3) at #20 SIU (5-3)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Delaware (4-3) at #18 W&M (4-3)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • SF Austin (5-2) vs #8 SE Louis. (6-2)

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Char South (5-2) at #4 Coastal C (7-0)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Western Ill (3-5) vs #23 UNI (3-4)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Mercer (5-3) at #15 Chatta (4-3)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

This coming weekend there will be only two ranked-vs-rank matchups. Fortunately, there are some other games where a ranked team is facing a pretty credible opponent. [And in case you’re wondering, #1 NDSU travels to South Dakota (2-5) ... hardly a “credible” opponent, although one can always hope.]

Of course, we also have two teams with losing records matched up ... because the pollsters are still keeping UNI in the top-25. Maybe Western Illinois will do us all a favor.

Underdog on left. Two choices allowed.

I took So Dakota State bunnies to take a tumble after their hard fought win last week.
Also have Stephen F. Austin sneaking up on SELA.

SloStang said:
Why not the option of Cal Poly over #7 Montana?

Slo, while that is a very legit option I believe he always omits the Big Sky games on his "Upset Guesses" threads. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
SloStang said:
Slo, while that is a very legit option I believe he always omits the Big Sky games on his "Upset Guesses" threads. :ugeek:
Yep. Most people vote with their gut on these polls, anyway. But it's much worse for matchups within the Big Sky -- they go with their "fan-ness" rather than whether or not there might be a legit chance for an upset. So I don't bother with those.

Edit: I don't have a patent on the idea. :D
You're welcome to start a Big Sky poll. :mrgreen:

EverettGriz said:
I picked the Blue Hens. Purely because it gave me reason to type "Blue Hens".
Haha...yup. The Blue Hens Soar to Victory, and the Chonticleers fail to lift off...I wanted to type both "Blue Hens" and "Chonticleers"...I never realized chickens were all the rage in mascots nowadays ;-)

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
SloStang said:
Yep. Most people vote with their gut on these polls, anyway. But it's much worse for matchups within the Big Sky -- they go with their "fan-ness" rather than whether or not there might be a legit chance for an upset. So I don't bother with those.

Edit: I don't have a patent on the idea. :D
You're welcome to start a Big Sky poll. :mrgreen:
Got it. In that case I will go with Ind. St. over SIU.

statler & waldorf said:
SloStang said:

Whatever poll you choose, it would have to be rated an upset. Then, next week, this #7 nonsense will be put to rest.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. Is your avatar representative of your age and outlook or are you just cantankerous by nature? :lol:

statler & waldorf said:
SloStang said:

Whatever poll you choose, it would have to be rated an upset. Then, next week, this #7 nonsense will be put to rest.

I see that Cal Poly in fact are the underdogs in this one per Vegas. However, I'm surprised the point spread is only three points right now considering um is #7 in the country and Cal Poly is unranked.

poorgriz said:
I see that Cal Poly in fact are the underdogs in this one per Vegas. However, I'm surprised the point spread is only three points right now considering um is #7 in the country and Cal Poly is unranked.
Yes, but Vegas knows enough about the Big Sky to factor in the notion that teams (still) "give it their best shot" when they play the Griz. So home field and the chance to "knock off the big dog" means more than the relative poll numbers. I think three points sounds about right.

I think the griz will have to muster everything they got to pull this one out. If they do it bodes well for the rest of the season. If they fall to Poly they will have some additional losses staring them in the face as they finish up.

Latest posts

Back