• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

10 + 6 = 6

grizare#1

YES JJ to JJ is starting to impress, these two could become a lethal duo. Hope its this weekend.
GO GRIZ

I was really impressed with Mitch Saylor this past game. He didn't drop any balls thrown his way! JJ was spot, almost like the JJ of yester-year. Even when the receivers weren't looking, he hit them in the head. (Thats accuracy!)
Jamaal Jones is turning into JJ's favorite deep target, I just wish he could get better separation. He does most of the time, but not always like Ellis H. could do.

Jamaal Jones was an absolute beast on Saturday. He made two catches that many good receivers won't make in an entire career.

Haynes is another guy we'll need to stretch the field in Henderson's absence. He looked like the fastest guy on the field on the big catch he had...

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought great, its bobkitty math time. But you know what, I like your math grizare#1 :clap:

reinell30 said:
I was really impressed with Mitch Saylor this past game. He didn't drop any balls thrown his way! JJ was spot, almost like the JJ of yester-year. Even when the receivers weren't looking, he hit them in the head. (Thats accuracy!)
Jamaal Jones is turning into JJ's favorite deep target, I just wish he could get better separation. He does most of the time, but not always like Ellis H. could do.

I'll bet the film session was a little embarrassing for Jensson (I think he was the guy JJ beaned). I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at that play. Good protection, great read, and a beautifully thrown ball all add up to Jensson getting his bell rung by JJ at long range. Headshot!

reinell--Jones had his man beat by 2 yards and had to wait for the ball. Still a great throw, but a better catch.

Htowngriz said:
Haynes is another guy we'll need to stretch the field in Henderson's absence. He looked like the fastest guy on the field on the big catch he had...

htowngriz, I think you are on to something here.....Haynes is a senior, he is big and he is a burner....he could be the X factor that puts the fear of a ellis Henderson back into our passing game.

PDXGrizzly said:
reinell30 said:

I'll bet the film session was a little embarrassing for Jensson (I think he was the guy JJ beaned). I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at that play. Good protection, great read, and a beautifully thrown ball all add up to Jensson getting his bell rung by JJ at long range. Headshot!

I am sure the post play interaction had to be funny and interesting. It was a terrific play call, the other 10 guys executed the play perfectly. If I recall correctly, Josh had a lot of open field ahead of him too. JJ put that pass right on the money. Maybe Josh was expecting the pass further down the field or was not sure how far down the field he was. Funny thing when he did not even look for the ball. I'd love to hear JJ or Josh to tell their story on that play. I'm sure Josh will never forget that blunder. Unusual thing is, Josh is reliable with great hands, great routes, and great awareness. I doubt we see another blunder like that from him in his GRIZ career. I am sure he will make quite a few big plays to make up for that one. :thumb:

I think most would agree that this might have been the most comfortable we have seen JJ this season. I hope it was the O'line starting to figure some things out and not just a pathetic defense we were against. However JJ looked more like the JJ we are use to seeing, rolling out and throwing on the run and that really seems to play into his game. Not to mention taking some pressure of the O'line blocking to protect the pocket.
With the receiving corp stepping up JJ now has some options that were missing the last few games. I see us getting more balanced on offense.

krammer said:
Htowngriz said:

htowngriz, I think you are on to something here.....Haynes is a senior, he is big and he is a burner....he could be the X factor that puts the fear of a ellis Henderson back into our passing game.
Now that I think about it, I'd love to see some kind of double reverse involving him and Van when we're in need of a big play. Talk about a defender's worst nightmare.

Back