• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Historic Gift"

maroonandsilver

DONOR
Got an invitation from UM to attend a celebration of a "Historic Gift to UM Athletics" after the November 1 game. Has to be the Weight/Locker room facility.

Heard this was in the works. Now if we could just secure a historic gift to bump coaches salaries....

i've heard that greenie will announce that as a magnanimous gift he's willing to be bestest friends with all the players!!!!

The project is slated to break ground next summer and is expected to take 18 months, so this will most likely be under construction during both the 2015 and 2016 seasons, but I can assure you that it will be worth the wait!

argh! said:
i've heard that greenie will announce that as a magnanimous gift he's willing to be bestest friends with all the players!!!!
BFFFF - Best Football Friend and Financier Forever

WaGriz4life said:
KoolMoeDee said:
18 months ? Is there a indoor practice facility involved ?
Ha, I take it you haven't seen the Griz facilities....LOT of work to do and not much room to do it.

Good point. They probably won't be able to do any renovation/construction during the season, so that adds more time until completion.

I've said it before but these facilities will be a game changer for this program, in terms of facilities. It will make the football facilities top-notch inside and out in all of the FCS.

The next phase after that will be to re-arrange the equipment rooms, re-purpose the old weight rooms for basketball locker room areas and storage.

Then the next step will be to work on an indoor practice facility. Probably 4-5 years out I would guess.

No plan for stadium expansion that I'm aware of - I think they're pretty happy with where we're at for the time being.

BWahlberg said:
I've said it before but these facilities will be a game changer for this program, in terms of facilities. It will make the football facilities top-notch inside and out in all of the FCS.

The next phase after that will be to re-arrange the equipment rooms, re-purpose the old weight rooms for basketball locker room areas and storage.

Then the next step will be to work on an indoor practice facility. Probably 4-5 years out I would guess.

No plan for stadium expansion that I'm aware of - I think they're pretty happy with where we're at for the time being.

Just wait... once this is built and we start dominating again causing ticket demand, the expansion plans will start showing up sooner rather than later! :thumb:

KoolMoeDee said:
18 months ? Is there a indoor practice facility involved ?

No, unfortunately. This project will require the University to relocate its power center, so that is going to take a bit of time up front to do that before they get to building the good stuff.

At the announcement of the Historic Gift, do they plan to release some schematics/mock ups? Or is it going to be the usual hush hush, I know something but I can't tell you, stuff.

so what was the biggest gift prior to this one? knowing that might provide some context or tell us how big the gift is. what is the price tag for the new locker room and weight room? how much has been raised to date?

getgrizzy said:
so what was the biggest gift prior to this one? knowing that might provide some context or tell us how big the gift is. what is the price tag for the new locker room and weight room? how much has been raised to date?

ALL good Q's... :thumb:

getgrizzy said:

$14 million project, I believe. Don't know status of fundraising, but significant progress, I believe. Heard they were were working on figures of 7,5, 1, 1 previously. More recently heard 10. Don't know whether any of those figures are accurate. If the big one materializes, and I assume it must be firm if there is in fact going to be an announcement soon, then the project will likely get done, I think. Approval being sought at next BOR meeting.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

$14 million project, I believe. Don't know status of fundraising, but significant progress, I believe. Heard they were were working on figures of 7,5, 1, 1 previously. More recently heard 10. Don't know whether any of those figures are accurate. If the big one materializes, and I assume it must be firm if there is in fact going to be an announcement soon, then the project will likely get done, I think. Approval being sought at next BOR meeting.

And when is the BOR meeting PR?

Back