• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire Mick D.

Well that didn't take long. I am not about to refute your post. Tension in Griz nation is mounting. Haslam is hopefully taking note.

Not sure who the blame goes on, but something has to change, we are showing no signs of life. You can see if the camera catches him at the right times that JJ shaking his head at times looking at the sidelines.

I am not saying he MD needs fired, but he could have punted on a couple of those third and 7s and pinned CP deep.... :roll: :?

JayLarson said:
Not sure who the blame goes on, but something has to change, we are showing no signs of life. You can see if the camera catches him at the right times that JJ shaking his head at times looking at the sidelines.
I also noticed that.

havgrizfan said:
One of the people Jordan Johnson is closest to in Missoula Montana is Mick Delaney. Period

I'm pretty close with my wife, but I very often question her decisions. Just sayin'.

havgrizfan said:
One of the people Jordan Johnson is closest to in Missoula Montana is Mick Delaney. Period

Period? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Everyone knows you can't get a decent coach mid season so they aren't going to fire him now anyways!

I have major concerns over our coaching.

Offense:
Why do the Griz coaches continue to run the ball on first down. The last several games it has been easy to see that the WR and backs are playmakers when in space. When the Griz drop back and throw good things happen... Lately it has been very easy to guess what the Griz O will run. VERY EASY, almost as bad as the Larry Donovan days.

Defense:
Letting the same play gash you over and over is not good coaching. The crazy thing is he ran it the same side 95% of the time. No adjustments in game or at half. Poor coaching

Special Teams:
Please get No Go out of there and put Van in... That kid is not ready to produce as a kick returner. Starting inside the 20 hurts any Offense.

Look I know I am not perfect, but the coaching this year has been very suspect. They are not making simple adjustments that any coaching staff would try.

To properly put it".......3 yards and a pile of dust. I had high hopes actually thinking we could beat this team but the second half showed me how wrong I was. Bottom line is this team has no offensive line and the coordinators can't hide that fact. Personally I would like to see a change since we are coming to the last installment of sanctions. This game was embarrassing at every facet...offensive, defensive and special teams. We were beat at every level and beat handily. So the question is? Coaching, personal or execution. My question is what the hell happened at half?

Paytonlives said:
I have major concerns over our coaching.

Offense:
Why do the Griz coaches continue to run the ball on first down. The last several games it has been easy to see that the WR and backs are playmakers when in space. When the Griz drop back and throw good things happen... Lately it has been very easy to guess what the Griz O will run. VERY EASY, almost as bad as the Larry Donovan days.

Defense:
Letting the same play gash you over and over is not good coaching. The crazy thing is he ran it the same side 95% of the time. No adjustments in game or at half. Poor coaching

Special Teams:
Please get No Go out of there and put Van in... That kid is not ready to produce as a kick returner. Starting inside the 20 hurts any Offense.

Look I know I am not perfect, but the coaching this year has been very suspect. They are not making simple adjustments that any coaching staff would try.

+1

Like I said, in another thread, I'm not defending coaching decisions whatsoever. The Griz are stinking it up on offense and that's not debatable, and the buck stops with coaching. All I'm telling some of you guys is, if you're using the "misuse" of Jordan Johnson as your basis for why MD is a bad coach, and think JJ thinks that, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm just telling you, JJ would walk over coals for MD and run any offense he was asked to run. Call it loyalty, call it whatever you want, but that's how it is. Criticize Delaney freely, I'm not saying not too, but don't assume Jordan Johnson shares the fans' sentiments, because he just doesn't. I don't know everything about everything, but I know that.

Right on Paytonlives...Nguyen had a hurt ankle and does not have the speed out of the gates to be an effective kick returner. Even my wife could see that issue. :?:

I think our issues do boil down to the O-line and the coaches stubbornness to go away from the power running game. Our o-line is capable with the right game plan. More timing slants, misdirection and zone reads, less straight up between the tackes and slow developing reciever routes. I do like MD but he is a little stubborn.

havgrizfan said:
Like I said, in another thread, I'm not defending coaching decisions whatsoever. The Griz are stinking it up on offense and that's not debatable, and the buck stops with coaching. All I'm telling some of you guys is, if you're using the "misuse" of Jordan Johnson as your basis for why MD is a bad coach, and think JJ thinks that, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm just telling you, JJ would walk over coals for MD and run any offense he was asked to run. Call it loyalty, call it whatever you want, but that's how it is. Criticize Delaney freely, I'm not saying not too, but don't assume Jordan Johnson shares the fans' sentiments, because he just doesn't. I don't know everything about everything, but I know that.

No one is questioning JJ's loyalty to MD! The only thing we are questioning is MD's abilities. JJ may have a different opinion, and he most certainly does. But it doesn't hide the fact that the people consistently under preforming for the Griz are the coaching staff.

Ultimately, Delaney's biggest weakness as a coach is that he is trying to apply a very antiquated, power-run style of football when A. We don't have the playmakers to actually make an offense like that work. B. He's looking to the past for guidance when other college programs are adopting spread-type offenses, even the classic pro-sets are seeing more use of screen passes and such.

Overall, Delaney would probably be a good coach in say, the 60's and 70's, but his outdated style of management just doesn't fit in this day and age. Yes there are other factors like the staff's lack of adjustments and poor execution, but those are my :twocents:

B_Kross said:
Ultimately, Delaney's biggest weakness as a coach is that he is trying to apply a very antiquated, power-run style of football when A. We don't have the playmakers to actually make an offense like that work. B. He's looking to the past for guidance when other college programs are adopting spread-type offenses, even the classic pro-sets are seeing more use of screen passes and such.

Overall, Delaney would probably be a good coach in say, the 60's and 70's, but his outdated style of management just doesn't fit in this day and age. Yes there are other factors like the staff's lack of adjustments and poor execution, but those are my :twocents:

Yet, NDSU, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Stanford and to a lesser extent, Alabama use this style of offense... it's not antiquated, and still used by very successful programs. What we lack is a fullback, true tight ends, and an offensive line who isn't beat to hell.

MrTitleist said:
B_Kross said:

Yet, NDSU, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Stanford and to a lesser extent, Alabama use this style of offense... it's not antiquated, and still used by very successful programs. What we lack is a fullback, true tight ends, and an offensive line who isn't beat to hell.

Actually Wisconsin and Stanford run a much different type of run game and our fullback is actually inredibly good. It might be hard to see when he has to block 3 people the o line missed though...

MrTitleist said:
B_Kross said:

Even the god of boring football, Nicky Saban has started implementing parts of the spread option...it's the future of football, make the defense cover the whole field and make decisions. Griz are going backwards...50% of Griz nation knew it the day he was hired, and 75% knew it the day he announced he was changing offenses...

Back