• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Teams play their best game against the Griz

get'em_griz

DONOR
I still am in the opinion that just about every team we face each week plays their best game against us. We've been so good for so long that teams we used to dominate want to beat us badly. Here's a quote that shows the perfect example that teams still play their best game against the Griz:

... Overall it was probably the best football game we’ve played this year by far."

- Tim Walsh, Cal Poly
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-learn-tough-lessons-against-mustangs/article_35b9a986-b409-5fe6-952b-12e94ed43310.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Current series records (2014 Big Sky Opponents):
Northern Colorado: 13-1
North Dakota: 13-8
UC Davis: 6-0
Cal Poly: 15-3
Sacramento State: 17-1
Eastern Washington: 26-13-1
Southern Utah: 4-2
Montana State: 71-37-5

Just about every team we play has to play their best game to beat us. To me, that says a lot about our program. Now if we played our best game each week, we'd be beating everyone like we used to! :thumb:

Some truth to the comment. Teams have been shooting for the Griz for the last 20 years. The issue this year is that the Griz are only a slightly better than average football team. Without a change at the top, that trend will continue.

So, do teams play their best game against us because we suck? Or because they're looking for 15-20 years of payback?

Do they play their best game, or do our inadequacies just make them LOOK like worldbeaters?

It seems to me that the GRIZ are a measuring stick to where their program is. Most programs are making strides to get to where we are and have been. So it is a marked game for them when they play us. They want to be us. Simple enough in mho.

AZGrizFan said:
So, do teams play their best game against us because we suck? Or because they're looking for 15-20 years of payback?

Do they play their best game, or do our inadequacies just make them LOOK like worldbeaters?
Yes

Brock Landers said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes
Bit of both, IMO.

I can agree to a point. I predict MSU wins by a good margin against Cal Poly simply because Poly won't have any fire.

get'em_griz said:
I still am in the opinion that just about every team we face each week plays their best game against us. We've been so good for so long that teams we used to dominate want to beat us badly.

:lol: :lol: I have news for you Junior. the Griz have not "dominated" anyone in the past 5 years, so there is nobody playing for these teams that hold the resentment that you seem to think!!

honestly, the arrogance of the Griz Fan never seems to amaze me!! :clap: :clap:

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:
I still am in the opinion that just about every team we face each week plays their best game against us. We've been so good for so long that teams we used to dominate want to beat us badly.

:lol: :lol: I have news for you Junior. the Griz have not "dominated" anyone in the past 5 years, so there is nobody playing for these teams that hold the resentment that you seem to think!!

Did you happen to tune into the playoff game against Northern Iowa a few years ago? Wait, that's right, Cat fans stop watching games after Thanksgiving.

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Not only are a lot of the Griz who posts on Egriz arrogant, they have a false sense of reality.

I believe the CP loss last year left a particularly sour taste in their mouths. They had the game against the Griz this year circled on the calendar and they were emotionally sky high. Will there be a hangover that Cats will benefit from? Maybe. Of course if the Cats win that is what you will hear on this forum.

It makes me wonder, assuming the Cats win, how could you tell the difference between winning because you're the better team and winning because your opponent shot their wad the previous week? One thing I do know, the Cats will benefit from seeing what CP did against the Griz and I'll bet you they spy the QB. Sure wish the Griz would have figured that out at some point in the game...

I am always shocked when it becomes clear that one player is hurting you and you do nothing different to make someone else beat you. I harken back to Randy Moss and the NC game long ago. Once it became clear he was the guy, I would have tripled teamed him, held him, anything to force someone else to step up. Unfortunately that year Marshall was loaded so it may not have made a lot of difference but still, why doesn't the light go on in the DC's head?

Elite teams do not have drop offs week to week. Do you fellas really think the Cats defense can stop that rushing attack if ours couldn't? Jamie Marshall dreams of being Gregorak!

AllWeatherFan said:
Did you happen to tune into the playoff game against Northern Iowa a few years ago? Wait, that's right, Cat fans stop watching games after Thanksgiving.

Vacated due to cheating.... the Arrogance continues!!

Wow! I guess I am excited the Cal Poly team does not want to beat us that bad this weekend. This will give us a better chance. they might even take a few days of practice off this week since they dont play the griz again. This is such an elitest comment. At this level, teams want to beat every team. Its time to stop patting yourself on your back for the past success of your program and realize you are not THE dominant team in the big sky anymore. The griz are still a decent team, but others have closed the gap,if not erased it in recent years.

Big G said:
Elite teams do not have drop offs week to week. Do you fellas really think the Cats defense can stop that rushing attack if ours couldn't? Jamie Marshall dreams of being Gregorak!

:lol: :lol: Sac State allowed less rushing yards... Weber allowed less rushing yards... NAU allowed less rushing yards... South Dakota State allowed less rushing yards... in fact, the ONLY one the Griz defense beat out on rushing yards was Portland State!!! :thumb: :thumb:

The Arrogance continues!!

ButteRhat said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Vacated due to cheating.... the Arrogance continues!!

Your mom is ringing the dinner bell. Hurry along, son.

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

You've scored a grand total of 24 points in your last 2 games against us in Bozeman, while allowing 64.

Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

You've scored a grand total of 24 points in your last 2 games against us in Bozeman, while allowing 64.

And Cat fans and players still hold resentment against the Griz for the streak, and the streak ended 12 years ago. Pot meet kettle. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back