• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Nov 1)

Where are the upsets?

• #18 SDSU (5-3) at #1 NDSU (8-0)

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • #23 Albany (6-2) at #2 UNH (6-1)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • #13 Richmond (6-2) vs #4 ‘Nova (7-1)

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • #22 UNI (4-4) vs #7 Illinois State (7-0)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Dartmouth (5-1) vs #20 Harvard (6-0)

• W Carolina (6-2) vs #14 Chatt (5-3)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • JMU (5-3) vs #17 W&M (5-3)

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

Next weekend should be a good one.

We have four games between ranked opponents. I even left in the NDSU games for you “haters” out there – even though I don’t see SDSU as the one to upset the Bison at their place. Of course, I don’t see much hope of #23 Albany going into #4 New Hampshire and breaking the Wildcat’s long home winning streak either. But, in both cases: “That’s why you play the game.”

I’d have to say that #13 Richmond, playing at home, has at least a decent chance of knocking off #4 Villanova. (Or perhaps ‘Nova will prove they’re legit and “exterminate” the Arachnids.)

Perhaps #7 Illinois State will do us all a favor and finish off #22 UNI.

I usually ignore the Ivy, but that shapes up to be a pretty good game, since Dartmouth, with a nice overall record, is at home.

The other two games look to be fairly competitive, given the fairly close records of the teams.

Under-dog on left, two choices allowed.

krammer said:
these are a bunch of great games....
Absolutely. And many of them may be on DirecTV channels we can get with our sports package. But, best of all, the Griz game will (supposedly) be on ROOT, so we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to watch it.

If #13 Richmond (6-2) does pull off the upset of #4 Villanova (7-1) -- the current top vote-getter -- that would mean another two-loss team among the highest ranked ('Nova would probably drop to about #10-12).

I am surprise the MSU vs Cal Poly game is not one of the options. Would be interesting to see how griz nation feels about that game. Without their maroon and silver glasses on.

4thecats said:
I am surprise the MSU vs Cal Poly game is not one of the options. Would be interesting to see how griz nation feels about that game. Without their maroon and silver glasses on.

I think the cats defense gets driven into the ground. Question for me is if the cat offense can keep up with CPU scoring wise. Should be a great game.

4thecats said:
This is about the 3rd week in a row this question has been asked. Try to keep up. BSC teams are not included because people would vote (too predictably) based on their fan-ness and it wouldn't say a whole lot.

My take on MSU-CP is if the Cats can jump out and take a lead I think they win comfortably. Let CP hang around and you won't like the final score.

4thecats said:

IdaGriz don't do BSC games

Grisly Fan said:
4thecats said:
This is about the 3rd week in a row this question has been asked. Try to keep up. BSC teams are not included because people would vote (too predictably) based on their fan-ness and it wouldn't say a whole lot.

My take on MSU-CP is if the Cats can jump out and take a lead I think they win comfortably. Let CP hang around and you won't like the final score.
:thumb:

grizindabox said:
4thecats said:

IdaGriz don't do BSC games

Makes sense. Sorry, I did not know the stipulation. I think your assessment of the cat game is prettty good. Unfortunately our offense showed a side of weakness vs Weber. If that is a sign of things to come, we are screwed. If they just Harvard game plan on the conservative side, we might be OK. Unfortunately we have a tendency to struggle late in the season.

I took Albany over New Hampshire, and W. Carolina over Chattanooga.
I hit both picks right last week so don't doubt me.
Jump on the bandwagon now while there is still room. :ugeek:

kurtismichael said:
I took Richmond and UNI. Can't stand Nova, hope they get clobbered.
I picked the Richmond–'Nova upset myself. I don't much like either team, but I do think the Spidies have a credible chance for a win at home.

Not so sure about UNI. They do have home field, but their performances have been so up and down, it's hard to predict what will happen.

IdaGriz01 said:
kurtismichael said:
I picked the Richmond–'Nova upset myself. I don't much like either team, but I do think the Spidies have a credible chance for a win at home.

Not so sure about UNI. They do have home field, but their performances have been so up and down, it's hard to predict what will happen.

Richmond is on my dislike list as well but in third behind Nova and JMU. I was going to pick JMU instead of UNI, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

kurtismichael said:

If this happens, would really help the top big sky teams come playoff time for seeding...

Sure hope you are right...

Okay, 14 of 60 voters who think SDSU can beat NDSU on the Bison home turf. Hmmm ... wonder how many of those are just "hatin' " on NDSU and how many really hope/believe it could happen. :lol:

Question for N/S Dakota folks: Is this any kind of "rivalry" game? Seem to recall the big football rivalry was NSDS vs UND.

IdaGriz01 said:
Okay, 14 of 60 voters who think SDSU can beat NDSU on the Bison home turf. Hmmm ... wonder how many of those are just "hatin' " on NDSU and how many really hope/believe it could happen. :lol:

Question for N/S Dakota folks: Is this any kind of "rivalry" game? Seem to recall the big football rivalry was NSDS vs UND.

It is a rivalry, not as big as what NDSU-UND but still a game that both teams get up for. NDSU beating SDSU the past five games has taken some of the heat out of the rivalry though.

FargoBison said:
IdaGriz01 said:

It is a rivalry, not as big as what NDSU-UND but still a game that both teams get up for. NDSU beating SDSU the past five games has taken some of the heat out of the rivalry though.
Long runs do have that effect. :lol:

Back