• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upcoming Young Coaches......???

ordigger

DONOR
So, since the hate continues on eGriz, lets try a positive thread....whom do you see as a potential up and coming coach....that we could afford - assuming the Griz were to go outside current circles.

My vote is for....

Matt Mitchell
http://www.gvsulakers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1&path=football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good track record so far at GVSU in 5 years. Background in Colorado/Iowa. Currently is team mostly recruits Michigan/Indiana, so some new areas. Retain Justin Green, who is a good, young upcoming coach with ties to UM. Hire someone with western US ties that keeps our base recruiting areas the same. His offense's are high scoring, and there have been some good coaches from there in the recent past. He currently makes 137,500...so maybe out of our range?

Who else?

Totally agree on MVD. We should have done that two coaches ago, notwithstanding the small group on this board that goes nuts every time his name comes up. The rings say it all and he would be great at any level.

Regardless of whether I want MVD or not (not), but he isn't exactly a "young" coach, and I believe he has had some health issues recently? No denying what he has done at Carroll though.

lotsa said:
Totally agree on MVD. We should have done that two coaches ago, notwithstanding the small group on this board that goes nuts every time his name comes up. The rings say it all and he would be great at any level.
Juice, it's not just for breakfast at the NAIA level.

monte is a character said:
Good thread!

here are some coaches who would be a great fit:

Adam Dorrel, Northwest Missouri

David Dean, Valdosta State

Bob Neilson, Minnesota-Duluth

I think I'll finally vote for the Altoona Bucs guy.....

CV Griz Fan said:
monte is a character said:
Good thread!

here are some coaches who would be a great fit:

Adam Dorrel, Northwest Missouri

David Dean, Valdosta State

Bob Neilson, Minnesota-Duluth

I think I'll finally vote for the Altoona Bucs guy.....
HA!!

Robin Pflugrad....he led a team to the national semis with an electric offense in just his second year on the job and he also brought with him this electric quarterback that was bred to run a zone-read package to perfection....he would be an incredible coach

Oh wait, that wasn't a bad dream and we already lost him. Damnit.

HookedonGriz said:
Robin Pflugrad....he led a team to the national semis with an electric offense in just his second year on the job and he also brought with him this electric quarterback that was bred to run a zone-read package to perfection....he would be an incredible coach

Oh wait, that wasn't a bad dream and we already lost him. Damnit.

Get rid of Engstrom, then hire Pflu back. He would be willing to be here until he is ready to retire too. He got shafted by Engstrom. I'd be all for righting the wrong here with a new President. If and when Engstrom is no longer here, I wonder if Haslam would be willing to try smoothing things over with Pflu? He was not part of his ouster.

Back