• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac State

knocking-on-wood.jpg

The Griz should be concerned with every team we play. That's just me being real. The Griz aren't really dominating any team and will always have to come ready to play in all 3 phases to have hopes of winning any Saturday. I'll root them on regardless and be at every game I can. Go Griz!

We sure as hell better be concerned about SAC and every game left on the schedule! We could easily find ourselves out of the top 25 at the end of the season. I would also not expect much love to begin next years minus JJ and a few other impact players.

It really makes me I'll to think we could have a loosing season or be .500.

I would like to think the Poly loss was an anomaly, However I fear that not the case here.

billgrizfan said:
Everybody relax, we shouldn't have any trouble beating Sac State, they don't have a winning record.

Neither did SUU or UND in Delaney's first year :(

Sac is an interesting one. Very bad defense (like UC-Davis) but very very good offense. We've faced one offense that is ranked near where Sac's offense is ranked...and we gave up 41 points. Pretty sure we'll come away with a W though.

#9 in Scoring Offense (39.3pts)
#12 in Total Offense (484.9yds)
#43 in Rushing Offense (188.5yds)
#7 in Passing Offense (296.4yds)
#17 in Passing Efficiency (147.92)

However.....

#112 in Scoring Defense (38.8pts)
#114 in Total Defense (485.6yds)
#88 in Rushing Defense (194.0yds)
#113 in Passing Defense (291.6yds)
#109 in Pass Efficiency Defense (154.49)

Very glad this game is in Missoula.

We as fans, don't need to be concerned with Sac State lol. Personally, in all my years as a Griz fan, I've never lost to Sacramento State or any other team. As far as I know, I personally have never fallen out of the TSN Poll either. But rest assured all, the Griz FOOTBALL TEAM is plenty concerned with the Hornets, like they are very team they face. They haven't canceled practice or film or meetings or anything like that. They are getting ready to play the Hornets on Saturday.

Also, as far as I know, the Griz have never had loosing season. :thumb:

havgrizfan said:
We as fans, don't need to be concerned with Sac State lol. Personally, in all my years as a Griz fan, I've never lost to Sacramento State or any other team. As far as I know, I personally have never fallen out of the TSN Poll either. But rest assured all, the Griz FOOTBALL TEAM is plenty concerned with the Hornets, like they are very team they face. They haven't canceled practice or film or meetings or anything like that. They are getting ready to play the Hornets on Saturday.

Also, as far as I know, the Griz have never had loosing season. :thumb:[/quoe

You must have missed 2012. 5-6

Actually, I thought a lot of games were exciting as hell that season. I thought Trent McKinney was an absolute warrior for the Griz. TOUGH losses. Griz-Cat was the only game I was disgusted by. I hated 2010 way worse. Coming off of 2009, AG1 finally got his team back and that team didn't make it to the playoffs, and again, Griz-Cat was a bitter pill to swallow that day. That 2010 Griz team was so much better than the Cats it was laughable.

havgrizfan said:
Actually, I thought a lot of games were exciting as hell that season. I thought Trent McKinney was an absolute warrior for the Griz. TOUGH losses. Griz-Cat was the only game I was disgusted by. I hated 2010 way worse. Coming off of 2009, AG1 finally got his team back and that team didn't make it to the playoffs, and again, Griz-Cat was a bitter pill to swallow that day. That 2010 Griz team was so much better than the Cats it was laughable.

Really? Then why did they lose?

havgrizfan said:

Yet they never once had the lead.... Hmmm

Jerry Punch said:
havgrizfan said:

Really? Then why did they lose?

Because Chase Reynolds fumbled the ball twice inside the Cats' 5!!! :evil: :cry:

Well two Chase Reynolds fumbles, a Gerald Kemp fumble on the goal line and an atrocious pick by Roper in the redzone certainly helped the Cats.

But Punch, if you can honestly say you have NEVER EVER EVER EVER uttered those same words about an MSU team that lost a game, than you are a better man than I. Even if you're not the real Dr. Jerry Punch. Seriously man, take off the Griz fan hatred glasses for a minute. Better teams lose football and basketball games ALL THE TIME.

The late great and amazing Jim Valvano was FAMOUS for telling anyone that would listen that the Houston Cougars were so much better than his N.C. State Wolfpack that the only way his team would ever have won that game in 1983 was with a miracle. And that's EXACTLY what the Pack did.

The Better team doesn't always win. BUT, to satisfy you, I meant to take nothing away from MSU. I'm a firm believer in A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN, and the Cats won the 2010 Griz-Cat game fair and square. The scoreboard said so. JUST EXACTLY LIKE, THE Griz won the 2011 Brawl, right????

LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

That was the infamous game with the Griz Halloween costumes/uniforms [never to be seen in public again :mrgreen: ] Also the Griz DB thrown out of the game in the first quarter for throwing a sucker punch....but best remembered for Jody Owens stripping Griz Icon Chase Reynolds of the ball at the 5 yard line :p

Yup, that was the game Teton. I'm assuming you weren't being sarcastic about Chase being an icon. Considering he's one of the greatest rushers in MONTANA HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY, and no Bobcat has ever ran for as many yards as he did, and he did it in only three seasons, not four. I'm assuming that's EXACTLY what you meant by Icon.

Teton Cat said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

That was the infamous game with the Griz Halloween costumes/uniforms [never to be seen in public again :mrgreen: ] Also the Griz DB thrown out of the game in the first quarter for throwing a sucker punch....but best remembered for Jody Owens stripping Griz Icon Chase Reynolds of the ball at the 5 yard line :p

You don't want to go there. Queue up the sCat fans leaving in defeat pictures. :thumb: :lol:

Teton Cat said:
That was the infamous game with the Griz Halloween costumes/uniforms [never to be seen in public again :mrgreen: ]

Followed by the 2011 beating, after which many cat fans were never seen in public again :mrgreen:

trail-of-cat-tears-2.jpg

Back