• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mike Kramer

monte is a character

I was just told tonight that Mike Kramer is being strongly considered for the UM head football job next season. He wants it, and we are interested. Nothing can be formalized until the season is over, of course, but covertly things are happening. Am surprised that the all-knowing ones in our fan base don't know about it yet. I thought they were just a dingle-berry away from real time?

monte is a character said:
Killdeer Cat said:
He just signed a 3 year contract extension in Pokey, and has his team on an upward arc. Now you really are just trolling.

We all know that college coaches never break their contracts, huh?
ISU would have to allow him out of the contract. Why would they do that after having just signed him?

Killdeer Cat said:
He just signed a 3 year contract extension in Pokey, and has his team on an upward arc. Now you really are just trolling.

You could be right monte, I would be surprised though. Kramer finally has ISU making some noise. That program is what is today largely because of him. I have hard time seeing him leaving his "baby" (for lack of a better word), to come to UM and take over another struggling program (no smack here, just reality).

Killdeer Cat said:
Killdeer Cat said:

ISU would have to allow him out of the contract. Why would they do that after having just signed him?

"let him out of the contract"??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jeeeeeez!

You know nothing...Kramer is being looked at as Grudens replacement on Monday night football, as well as the head of the National Parks service. I heard it while I was watching game film with the ISU coaches..

Killdeer Cat said:
Killdeer Cat said:

Allow him out?

IroneagleXP said:
Killdeer Cat said:

come to UM and take over another struggling program (no smack here, just reality).

If this is your definition of struggling, then you must have had a really hard time rooting for the Cats over the last 25 years, haha! You guys have fucking sucked!

Rumors are rumors and this is one. I also heard over the weekend that BECAUSE Marty Mornhinweg recently purchased a piece of property in Missoula, he's already been signed under the table as the 2015 head coach of the Griz. Nevermind his 1.6 million a year gig with the edit Jets lol.

Now how can Krames and Marty BOTH already be the next head coach of the Griz????

Killdeer Cat said:
Killdeer Cat said:

Yes, let him out of his contract. I have not read his contract, but I am sure that unless he were to retire outright, there is a clause that would limit his ability to just up and change employers, especially in-conference employers. When big 5 coaches change programs, the new school often has to pay the old school to get him released from the terms of the contract. I'm pretty sure Royce isn't going to sign that check to Pokafellow.

Not gonna happen. Not sure I'd want him anyway. Plus, I seriously doubt the BOR is going to allow UM to buy out his contract.

Killdeer Cat said:
Killdeer Cat said:

When big 5 coaches change programs, the new school often has to pay the old school to get him released from the terms of the contract. I'm pretty sure Royce isn't going to sign that check to Pokafellow.

There you go. That's a bit different than ISU having to let him out of his contract.

Back