• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Calm Down

EZGRIZ51

Time for my semi-annual post. Y'all have to take a collective breath. Cal Poly was the worst match up we'll see this year. We have a defense more than capable of making a two dimensional offense one dimensional. It's much more difficult to make a one dimensional team two dimensional. Anyone who knows football understands that comment. We sold out on the dive against Poly and forgot about personnel. Game over.

I don't think the remaining games present the same challenge. The worst matchup remaining is probably SUU. Take the RUN away from the rest and we win. I said early that we probably needed to score 30 per to win our last 5. I stand by that. Had we scored 30 against Poly, we would have won that game. I'll explain that later to those that don't comprehend the math.

Root for the Kitties this weekend. When they win, we can share the conference title with the Big Human. Breathe, people.

PlayerRep said:
IroneagleXP said:
This thread will be locked within 24 hours.

Not if you, monte and Big G stay out of it.

PR, your presence in this thread just increased the chances of failure and eventual lock down by 100%. You manage to be both the pot and kettle. Astounding work sir.

IroneagleXP said:
PlayerRep said:
IroneagleXP said:

PR, your presence in this thread just increased the chances of failure and eventual lock down by 100%. You manage to be both the pot and kettle. Astounding work sir.

He's proving he has talent, and is the best at multitasking. What is wrong with that? :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
IroneagleXP said:
PlayerRep said:
IroneagleXP said:

He's proving he has talent, and is the best at multitasking. What is wrong with that?

As there is never talent in duplicity. We may have to let that soak in for our EWU friends, there. I think it's called osmosis. A little bit of greasy kid stuff on top of the head ought to do the trick.

What are you talking about making a team one dimensional? Lets see what happens this weekend when we play a passing team before making statements like that, and SUU being the toughest game is just an insane statement. Maybe it is good that it is your semi-annual post, because otherwise you would get destroyed on here, I am trying to go easy.

EZGRIZ51 said:
Time for my semi-annual post. Y'all have to take a collective breath. Cal Poly was the worst match up we'll see this year. We have a defense more than capable of making a two dimensional offense one dimensional. It's much more difficult to make a one dimensional team two dimensional. Anyone who knows football understands that comment. We sold out on the dive against Poly and forgot about personnel. Game over.

I don't think the remaining games present the same challenge. The worst matchup remaining is probably SUU. Take the RUN away from the rest and we win. I said early that we probably needed to score 30 per to win our last 5. I stand by that. Had we scored 30 against Poly, we would have won that game. I'll explain that later to those that don't comprehend the math.

Root for the Kitties this weekend. When they win, we can share the conference title with the Big Human. Breathe, people.

Match-ups? Is that the latest excuse? Do you think that Lou Sabin, Bill Belichick, or Don Read worry about match-ups? When you are an elite team, like we are (excuse me, WERE), you dictate the game, and let your opponent match up with you, not the other way around!

Calm Down. Good advice. The next four games are against teams that can put a sh*tload of points. The coaching staff has shown it has no ability to 'adjust' to anything. Our offense is inept, and the defense allows 400-500+ yards per game. There is nothing to salvage. Not a damned thing you or I can do about it. Go with the flow, worry not. Time to tailgate like theres no tomorrow!

monte is a character said:
EZGRIZ51 said:

Match-ups? Is that the latest excuse? Do you think that Lou Sabin, Bill Belichick, or Don Read worry about match-ups? When you are an elite team, like we are (excuse me, WERE), you dictate the game, and let your opponent match up with you, not the other way around!

You full of it. We played completely differ ent games when we had to play Marshall back in the day. App.st. different game. JMU... SHSU....your just full of it. We adjusted to all those teams when we "were" the best. We adjusted to psu and cal poly every time we played then. Remember when we started playing dime all the time vs psu and sac? No why not. We did it to them all the time. You adjust to the other teams matchups and try to create your own. If you think we didnt change our look based on matchups your stupid. Nick saban is also known for saying...."we don't have a style, our style is whatever will win us the next game".

There is only one year that I think the Griz truly dictated the flow of the game. That was in 1996. Scores like 63-6, 48-3, 44-14, 70-7 suggest that they pretty much did what they wanted to do and it was up to the opponent to try to react. It was true until Pennington to Moss blew the whole thing apart. There certainly have been other games or times it may have been true but never like that season.

Grisly Fan said:
There is only one year that I think the Griz truly dictated the flow of the game. That was in 1996. Scores like 63-6, 48-3, 44-14, 70-7 suggest that they pretty much did what they wanted to do and it was up to the opponent to try to react. It was true until Pennington to Moss blew the whole thing apart. There certainly have been other games or times it may have been true but never like that season.

Don't confuse him with facts. He is too dense to figure out that there is a HUGE difference between "matching-up' with a team, and making adjustments. Let him continue to show his unabashed ignorance.

Grisly Fan said:

Pennington played in the 95 game and was redshirted in 96

Robsnotes4u said:
Grisly Fan said:

You are correct. Marshall brought in a drop-down from Florida to play in 1995. I think his name was Eric Kresser, and he played in the NFL for a couple of years.

monte is a character said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Grisly Fan said:

You are correct. Marshall brought in a drop-down from Florida to play in 1995. I think his name was Eric Kresser, and he played in the NFL for a couple of years.
Oh yeah Kresser. I knew it was a future NFL player to a future NFL player. Missed it by THAT much... Not elite.

I was in school for the early Don Read years. I remember losing games that were worse losses than we had last weekend. Marvin Turk dropped a sure winning touchdown against Reno once. We were 1-5 and needed to block a field goal in Weber and win the rest just to finish 6-5 one year. Eastern came back from 18 down in the last 9 minutes and beat us at home, AT HOME! 7-4 was a great year. There were many years that we were not Elite under Don Read. I am grateful to him for lighting a fire that is now griz football, but there were some gut wrenching losses in those years.

Maybe it the memories of those years that allow me to be calm in these years. It is just a game and the season will play out how it is supposed to.

grizatwork said:
I was in school for the early Don Read years. I remember losing games that were worse losses than we had last weekend. Marvin Turk dropped a sure winning touchdown against Reno once. We were 1-5 and needed to block a field goal in Weber and win the rest just to finish 6-5 one year. Eastern came back from 18 down in the last 9 minutes and beat us at home, AT HOME! 7-4 was a great year. There were many years that we were not Elite under Don Read. I am grateful to him for lighting a fire that is now griz football, but there were some gut wrenching losses in those years.

Maybe it the memories of those years that allow me to be calm in these years. It is just a game and the season will play out how it is supposed to.

In 2004, UM scored 19 in the 4Q to lose 41-29 to SHSU. Of course, we had a great senior QB who hadn't quite hit his stride yet that year, so totally different.

Back