• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Funds pledged to help athletics: $210,760 **NEW NUMBER***

BWahlberg

DONOR
Edit: you'll notice I've changed the thread title. Wondering how high you guys think we can take this number.

Current Amount Pledged: $210,760

It's time for this message board and Griz Nation to do their part for our facility improvements.

This has been something I've been planning to put up on egriz for a while now, I've been in touch with Dan Ingram with the University of Montana about doing this as well. I wanted to time this plan for after the announcement of the gift for the new training center so we can ride this wave of momentum.

Here's what I'm asking you to do - make a pledge to support the new training facilities. You can make pledges for a total amount to be spread out over the course of many years. I've already done this myself. I've committed $5000 to the project over the course of the next 5 years. I got in touch with Dan Ingram, informed him of my pledge, signed a pledge agreement, and I'm off and running.

I'm asking each and everyone of you who read this post to do the same - in whatever dollar amount and time-frame that best works with your budget.

The UM has an info page on the project where you can set up short-term donations: http://www.UpWithMontana.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to do a longer-term commitment like I have, here's how to easily call or email Dan Ingram: http://www.supportum.org/aboutus/contactus/staffdirectory/daningram.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once you've contacted Dan to make the pledge I'm asking for one more favor. Sent me a PM with the amount you pledged I'll add that amount to the running total and keep track to see just how high we can go. I'll keep the running total at the top of the thread here.

A few details;

1. I'm basing the reported number on the honor system, I'll have no access to your actual pledge or plan with the UM. Please be honest with me and only commit to the UM what you can truthfully afford.

2. I've talked with Chris Lynn, owner of egriz, and once I hear back from you on your pledge he'll upgrade your egriz membership to an "egriz supporter" which grants you access to the supporters forum where more insider info is shared on a regular basis.

3. If you've recent made a pledge or donated - especially thanks to prior discussions here on egriz, let me know! I'll add that to the total.

Thanks everyone, lets help make this a reality for our student-athletes! GO GRIZ!

I've also received this letter from Kent Haslam in regards to this:

I certainly appreciate the passion and commitment of Griz fans. It is an exciting time at Grizzly athletics. With the recent announcement of the gift from Kyle and Kevin Washington on behalf of the family foundation…the Washington-Grizzly Champions Center is becoming a reality. I do ask each of you to consider supporting the project. Regardless of the amount…every little bit helps and I really do want to see as many as possible from Griz Nation participate in the upcoming facility improvements.

Brint has agreed to run point with eGriz Nation and I appreciate his willingness to do so. Please note…those who commit at least $10,000 will have the option to put their name on one of the football lockers. Remember, that amount can be pledged over a five year period and all gifts are tax-deductible. If that is something that interests you, let Brint know, or you can contact Dan Ingram directly at 243-6294.

Also…I want you all to know…I routinely check eGriz and often base athletic department strategies upon what I read. Whenever there is a major decision to be made…eGriz is my first point of reference…everything is always so positive! All joking aside, I do appreciate the passion of Griz fans. That passion is what sets us apart. Go Griz!

Kent

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kent Haslam
Director of Athletics
University of Montana
406-243-5419 (work)
406-243-2264 (fax)
http://www.gogriz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AZGrizFan said:
Can we count what we donated this year too?

Yes! AZ you were one of the people I was thinking of who have already committed but I wanted to get your count as well.

BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
Can we count what we donated this year too?

Yes! AZ you were one of the people I was thinking of who have already committed but I wanted to get your count as well.

Alright. Well I sent mine in March or April (I believe) with it specifically earmarked for the weightroom, and will be sending another in January. I'll PM you the amount(s)

Updated again with a few more PM's from multiple posters have have already made prior commitments.

biga75 said:
BWahlberg said:
Updated with an added email I got from Kent Haslam.

That was a pretty good zinger he got on us :lol: :clap:

Why that no good, unappreciative SOB. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The collective genius of eGriz is NOT to be mocked!!!

lol...less than 4 hours in and we're already more than 1/4 of the way to your goal....may need to set your sights a little higher, Brint!

AZGrizFan said:
lol...less than 4 hours in and we're already more than 1/4 of the way to your goal....may need to set your sights a little higher, Brint!

The only thing is that most are ones that have already pledged from either prior commitments or from the last locker room discussion. So far not a lot of total brand new pledges have been made - hopefully in the next few days with more impressions we can get that rolling.

Wanted to bump this up to keep it hot. I am in, I just don't know how much yet. Is there a way we can sticky this to keep it at the top?

Back