• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New #37

Montana37

Who will be the next #37? When do u think Wags will make decision? I wanna thank Wags for a great 4 years and a great year of representing the #37!
#WeAreMontana

putter said:
Crittenden seems like a good choice.

Starting DE, from Montana, carrying a 4.0 in Chemistry?

Yeah, he should be able to handle it. :lol: :clap: :clap:

Typically it goes to an underclassmen, so Tucker looks like a good possibility.

Wags said today that he has a little stress about it, that it's a huge deal, and he doesn't know who he is going to give it to yet.

IntuitiveGriz said:

Wags said today that he has a little stress about it, that it's a huge deal, and he doesn't know who he is going to give it to yet.

Uhh, Wags didn't get it until he was a senior...

Htowngriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Carson Bender in 2008 was the last underclass man to get it. Featherston got it in '11 as a Sr. Tripp got it in '12 as a Jr and he gave it to Wags.

JayLarson said:
Has anyone ever turned down number 37?

Wat8.jpg

It was a pretty simple question, has anyone ever been handed the 37 but decided not to wear it because they like their own number. I don't think anyone would, but you never know.

Htowngriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I used the adverb, "typically".

I'm old school, I go back to the original recipients of the #37, Tim Hauck and then Todd Ericson; who were underclassmen.

"I talked to Coach Paulson and he just said, ‘You know, it's up to you,' " said Utterback. "I had lots of easy choices: Colt Anderson would've been an easy choice, but he only had two years left. Shann Schillinger would've been good. But Carson Bender (underclassen) had been working really hard and had a lot of potential."

:idea:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Htowngriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I used the adverb, "typically".

I'm old school, I go back to the original recipients of the #37, Tim Hauck and then Todd Ericson; who were underclassmen.

"I talked to Coach Paulson and he just said, ‘You know, it's up to you,' " said Utterback. "I had lots of easy choices: Colt Anderson would've been an easy choice, but he only had two years left. Shann Schillinger would've been good. But Carson Bender (underclassen) had been working really hard and had a lot of potential."

Typically is the correct term:

Years with jersey

Kraig Paulson RB Plentywood 1983-86
Tim Hauck DB Big Timber 1987-1989
Todd Ericson DB Butte 1990-1993
Jason Crebo LB Helena 1994-1997
Andy Petek DE Helena 1998-2000
Ciche Pitcher DE Anaconda 2001-03
Loren Utterback LB Fort Benton 2004-2007
Carson Bender DT Deer Lodge 2008-2010
Ryan Fetherston DE Helena 2011
Jordan Tripp LB Missoula 2012-2013
Zack Wagenmann DE Missoula 2014

JayLarson said:
Has anyone ever turned down number 37?

Can you imagine? Turning down 37 would be very close to treason. It may be the coolest tradition we have (right up there with beating the cats). I just can't see this ever happening. It's such a huge honor for the recipient.

Even Tripp was considered for the #37 as an underclassmen, but it was well known that he was wearing #44 in honor of his dad...

Latest posts

Back