• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

grizatwork

DONOR
Anyone else willing to sit back and let Haslam do his job and wait and see how the new coach does over a couple of years? I am in.

If any donors who already publicly pledged funds are willing to pull them back then that is up to them, but they should be ashamed of themselves. Your donation should be out of good will and in support of the athletic departments vision for the future, not because you think it entitles you to a say. I have not donated a bunch, but over the years it is approaching high 5 figures. I donate because I love the university and I love the griz. It has given me so much joy over the years and helped set me up fairly well. I gladly donate because I feel it is the least I can do.

mtgrizrule said:
I'm in the wait and see group. IF, the 1st season is terrible, it will be hard to not be critical.

And I am sure this would be the case no matter whom is hired...

grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:
I'm in the wait and see group. IF, the 1st season is terrible, it will be hard to not be critical.

We don't know yet. So many of us want to jump to a conclusion based on opinions that are not facts or based on someones performance 5 years ago assuming all other variables are constant. We don't know. We have opinions, but it could be a pretty decent season.

I'll jump in on this one. Let's wait and see how it goes from here. August is still a looong way away.

grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

1st Season??? :lol: :lol: You forgot about the "for sale" signs that were in Glenn's and Hauck's front yards after the 1st games they coached?? Griz fans are not known for patience.. :clap: :clap:

Fickle fans await the finger that points toward the fate they feared all along. While waiting they remain on the outside looking in. Frightened and afraid.

Forgetting his total lack of effort regarding the hire of Mick Delaney (Royce Engstrom) damn near caused a disaster for the football team and entire University. That was frightful and down right dumb.

Mick turned out to be as good of a coach as he could be. We were saved by luck and we must be thankful it turned out as well as it did.

Now, Kent Haslam as studied the potential coaches very well and over some time has decided on one that he believes will do the best job for the entire program, school, fans and the state of Montana. I like Kent and know him quite well. I think he did a slow and carful search and obtained the best man for the job.

I'm in. But I'm highly critical after watching the last 3 years. I'm not ready for another 3 years of rebuilding. I know that's almost inevitable, but it would be nice for someone to be able to take off from the start and start pounding. Please please PleasE no more run, run, run, punt schemes!!

Count me in. It's been 3 coaches since a national championship and that's what I want. Everyone also needs to remember Pflu's first year and realize to be great change and bumps may be coming. To continue being good but not great is the path of least resistance. I want great.

With the overhaul of the coaching staff, losing a very talented senior class, and a tough schedule next season, I wouldn't be surprised if Stitt's first year is similar to Pflu's as the team goes through the growing pains of adjusting to whatever offensive scheme Stitt uses.

While I think next season should see us making the playoffs, the people banking on Stitt to immediately take us on a run to the Promised Land might want to temper the expectations a little, and at the same time, not demand Haslem to buy out his contract after one year if the season turns sour.

grizpack said:
grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

1st Season??? :lol: :lol: You forgot about the "for sale" signs that were in Glenn's and Hauck's front yards after the 1st games they coached?? Griz fans are not known for patience.. :clap: :clap:

Stitt isn't going to have to be concerned about losing his first game. That concern is not applicable. Think Glenn had to play Hofstra and Hauck some D-II school. Those were tough opponents.

grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

This.

I'm hoping that people will wait and see with whoever is hired.

I'll hold my judgement till season 2 at least.

grizpack said:
grizindabox said:
mtgrizrule said:

:shock: first game ? ? ? . . . :shock: Griz fans are not known for being patient ? ? ? . . . :shock: and yet . . . some Griz fans . . . have trouble understanding . . . why those Griz coaches . . . chose to take FBS jobs . . . at 5-times the UM salary.

I think it's a good hire. He's unknown to us in Griz Nation, but he's a known commodity at every level of football.

"Well, he didn't win many playoff games?" No matter what anyone says, he is very very limited on his recruiting capability with the high standard at his school. He certainly can't get the depth needed to be a powerhouse. When was Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke or Vanderbilt's last NC? Been a while. Depth is an issue there as well. all are/have been competitive but to get a large amount of high grade talent that also have a 29 ACT...not easy

"Well he has no connection to Montana" Who gives a crap! If you can coach football and win games, does that really matter? Do we set our standards to only Montana people can live/coach/recruit Montana? Some people just need to figure life out.

"Well he came from D2" Yep he sure did. so have many pretty decent coaches. Working your way up the ladder. just like real life. Imagine that.

"Well he makes T-shirts". And it sells the brand. Now the brand is Griz Football. New Generation. You know there are players and recruits that are chomping at the bit to get a #StittHappens shirt. It's marketing and he's good at it. Now every one of those shirts will reflect the University of Montana. Can't buy that kind of pub!

"Well he was there for so long. How come he didn't move up if he was so good?" Again, it's a comfort level. He and his family were happy where they were. I know some on here have said that they have had opportunity to move from where they like it for more coin, but they haven't because they like where they were. Funny how that works.

"Well, he's not Bobby!" No he isn't. Ship has sailed. Let me make a quick point. He didn't have to quit his job to apply for the UofM job. He had that money clause and could've agreed in principal got the lower payout, then taken the job. So it's more than that. Those that also think Stitt won't grow to hate the Cats, come on! The dude tweeted something about "Nut up it's football". He gets it.

There are plenty more, obviously. I, for one, am excited for change. He will bring an exciting brand of FB to Griz Nation. He can run his offense with better athletes and depth. Defense should be what we are accustomed to. Are we winning the Chipper next year...doubtful, but the brand brings the athletes. Oregon suck azz for quite some time. took some money (which we did), some new coaching philosophies (which we have done), and a fan base that was dying to win (which, we have). Welcome coach Stitt. Welcome to Griz Nation. Here's to getting it going early, winning recruits, winning games and bringing championships home to the greatest state in the land! :party:

I'll take a seat at this table. I hear that next year they are serving some broasted Eagle at this fine establishment. I have had a hankering for some for a few years now. Gonna be tasty!!!

This coach is just exactly like the Griz getting a four star recruit at many positions.

Most of the doom and gloom people will fade into the September sunset this coming season. Many of these same people can't see talent when it is right in front of them. The non believers will be long gone when November rolls around.

I don't dislike fans that don't get it. They are still Griz fans and cheer like crazy at football games. They will be as nutty about our team as I am after they watch this NEW BRAND of offense that comes next season!

Advice: If you are on the fence now, don't wait until next year to get your new tickets for football. Wa Griz will be full!

AZDoc said:
I think it's a good hire. He's unknown to us in Griz Nation, but he's a known commodity at every level of football.

"Well, he didn't win many playoff games?" No matter what anyone says, he is very very limited on his recruiting capability with the high standard at his school. He certainly can't get the depth needed to be a powerhouse. When was Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke or Vanderbilt's last NC? Been a while. Depth is an issue there as well. all are/have been competitive but to get a large amount of high grade talent that also have a 29 ACT...not easy

"Well he has no connection to Montana" Who gives a crap! If you can coach football and win games, does that really matter? Do we set our standards to only Montana people can live/coach/recruit Montana? Some people just need to figure life out.

"Well he came from D2" Yep he sure did. so have many pretty decent coaches. Working your way up the ladder. just like real life. Imagine that.

"Well he makes T-shirts". And it sells the brand. Now the brand is Griz Football. New Generation. You know there are players and recruits that are chomping at the bit to get a #StittHappens shirt. It's marketing and he's good at it. Now every one of those shirts will reflect the University of Montana. Can't buy that kind of pub!

"Well he was there for so long. How come he didn't move up if he was so good?" Again, it's a comfort level. He and his family were happy where they were. I know some on here have said that they have had opportunity to move from where they like it for more coin, but they haven't because they like where they were. Funny how that works.

"Well, he's not Bobby!" No he isn't. Ship has sailed. Let me make a quick point. He didn't have to quit his job to apply for the UofM job. He had that money clause and could've agreed in principal got the lower payout, then taken the job. So it's more than that. Those that also think Stitt won't grow to hate the Cats, come on! The dude tweeted something about "Nut up it's football". He gets it.

There are plenty more, obviously. I, for one, am excited for change. He will bring an exciting brand of FB to Griz Nation. He can run his offense with better athletes and depth. Defense should be what we are accustomed to. Are we winning the Chipper next year...doubtful, but the brand brings the athletes. Oregon suck azz for quite some time. took some money (which we did), some new coaching philosophies (which we have done), and a fan base that was dying to win (which, we have). Welcome coach Stitt. Welcome to Griz Nation. Here's to getting it going early, winning recruits, winning games and bringing championships home to the greatest state in the land! :party:

Good post.

Back